September Cruises and Alaska

Gcto

On 4/28/2021 at 8:57 AM, ohmark said:

Regent has officially cancelled Vancouver/Tokyo 9/2/2021.

And all other Alaska 2021 cruises. Ditto Oceania exc. LA-Tokyo Oct. '21 (but all "wait list").

On 4/25/2021 at 2:44 PM, Pcardad said:

There are no more FCC being issued, enhanced or otherwise, unless you paid for the cruise with an FCC then it reverts back.

This made me check.  Regent Reassurance is still alive, but is only applicable to certain cruises, depending on when they were booked and when they sail.  My reading of it https://www.rssc.com/RegentReassuranceFAQ tells me one of my cruises is covered and one is not.  Hopefully I will not have to use it and will get to happily sail away.

3 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Anything that anyone can contribute to stress relief is welcome at this point.  Although I agree it's a little silly. 

1 hour ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Anything that anyone can contribute to stress relief is welcome at this point.  Although I agree it's a little silly. 

Are you saying that we (who are stressed out because of all those cancelations caused by Canada) can get free yoga by Sophie ? 😁 

8 minutes ago, Gcto said:

Are you saying that we (who are stressed out because of all those cancelations caused by Canada) can get free yoga by Sophie ? 😁 

I have no idea.  I don't read the National Post so this was the first I've heard of it.  I believe she was offering the class to members of parliament or perhaps parliamentary workers.  She's cute, for sure.  Nice too I think.😁 

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting to see that there may be a pragmatic solution coming for the latter months of the Alaska cruising season this year:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/6117/

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/6105/

Too late for Regent customers as all RSSC Alaska cruises for 2021 have been cancelled 🙁

....... but it is good to see some things moving in a positive direction for the cruise industry 🙂

Edited by flossie009

They say today they are waiting for signatures for cruise to cruise Alaska without stopping in Canada.  So they will be able to start from a US port and end in a US port.  Most of the cruise blogs are posting this today--the ones that get it right most of the time.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

They say today they are waiting for signatures for cruise to cruise Alaska without stopping in Canada.  So they will be able to start from a US port and end in a US port.  Most of the cruise blogs are posting this today--the ones that get it right most of the time.

Would be nice. Wondering though how if lots of lines will take the opportunity. And what will happen with the bookings. For example, our Alaska Cruise and on was canceled by Regent. Would they offer to reinstate the booking ? Would they open the ship for new bookings ? Same for other lines of course. 

My guess is Regent will start with Splendor as planned, this summer Alaska season is done and over before it started and nothing will happen. Maybe NCL and HA will do something as some of the ships are on the west coast already, but none of the Regent ships are in the area and, thinking about logistics and training again, don't think it will happen for Alaska.  But should they open up and call us to "reinstate" the canceled cruise....we'd be ready.  I just hope something good will come out of this for Alaska and those ports. Lot's of people depend on it. 

The only Regent ship allowed by the Senate Bill is Seven Seas Mariner.

8 hours ago, Gcto said:

Maybe NCL and HA will do something as some of the ships are on the west coast already, but none of the Regent ships are in the area

Present ship position does not seem to be an impediment.

NCL are selling cruises for Alaska starting in August on Norwegian Bliss. Bliss is today riding out a storm in the English Channel

I suspect that NCLH will only market Alaska for 2021 on NCL, not on Regent or Oceania

6 hours ago, flossie009 said:

NCL are selling cruises for Alaska starting in August on Norwegian Bliss. Bliss is today riding out a storm in the English Channel

One way to practice for the rough waters of Alaska :-)

• Like 1