Is CocoCay / Nassau too hot to enjoy in the summer? Question about ABC islands.

We are currently looking to do a summer 2022 cruise and decided to look into the southern Caribbean, ABC islands, as we heard they were the least humid during the summer. There is a southern Caribbean cruise that goes to CocoCay which looks like it would be really fun for our entire family, but we are unsure of how hot and humid it would be. For those who have been there in the summer is it too hot to enjoy, especially if your going to be just standing and waiting to go on the lines for the water slides? Should we just book a cruise that goes only to the ABC islands and then comes back instead? For those who have been to the ABC islands are they is it too hot there? I've read it has little humidity, but the average temps is in the 90s which is higher then many Mediterranean cities which people also say is hot and surprisingly humid in the summer.

1 minute ago, dodgestang said:

No, it is B U T full

How crowded in CocoCay in the summer, which is when I assume there are the most kids? Are the lines to water slides super long? Is it like DIsney World in the summer?

To me the ABC islands are very hot, but if you haven’t been there I wouldn’t let it interfere with going there. There is also normally a breeze which helps. Don’t forget hats and sunscreens. If you are going to the beach all the better to be able to take dips in the pool. I have been in Florida for 25 years and am so over the heat, but I wouldn’t let that stop me from going again. We have also been there many, many time so I have seen everything there is to see there.

8 hours ago, CaliCruzing said:

We are currently looking to do a summer 2022 cruise and decided to look into the southern Caribbean, ABC islands, as we heard they were the least humid during the summer. There is a southern Caribbean cruise that goes to CocoCay which looks like it would be really fun for our entire family, but we are unsure of how hot and humid it would be. For those who have been there in the summer is it too hot to enjoy, especially if your going to be just standing and waiting to go on the lines for the water slides? Should we just book a cruise that goes only to the ABC islands and then comes back instead? For those who have been to the ABC islands are they is it too hot there? I've read it has little humidity, but the average temps is in the 90s which is higher then many Mediterranean cities which people also say is hot and surprisingly humid in the summer.

I would go to the ABC islands any month of the year.  I look for cruises that go there.  Bonaire is my favorite island in the Caribbean followed by Aruba then Culebra.  

• Like 1

I have never been to cococay during summer months but I would definitely suspect the lines for water slides, etc will be long with most families traveling while kids off from school.  

Yes, aruba will be hot, especially while on the beach, but usually some type of breeze.  The water temp in abc islands will definitely be much warmer, probably in the 80s.   Would be great weather to book a catamaran sailing and go snorkeling.

12 hours ago, CaliCruzing said:

How crowded in CocoCay in the summer, which is when I assume there are the most kids? Are the lines to water slides super long? Is it like DIsney World in the summer?

They had not opened the water park yet the last time we were there....we always get/got an ocean front cabana and never notice it being overly crowded at all....but.....we were still tendering at the time and it was only one boat per day.

I think you will enjoy- our favorite stop!  try to purchase a pass to the beach club- we booked for August 2022.   January we had a beach bed as the cost of the cabana's are obscene.

Looking foward to a wonderful cruise.

Edited by Cruise a holic

We went to ABC islands in November 2016. It is now our favorite itinerary.

We don't care for hot air, but love warm water. We usually spend time at the beach, and usually it's entirely in the water. If we are out of the water, we must be in the shade.

We loved Bonaire, spent the entire time in the water. Too hot outside. I burned to a slight crisp, even with SPF50-100.

We enjoyed Curacao's beach (although not as much as Aruba's and Bonaire) in the morning, and tried to see the town and the bridge in the afternoon and just about died. It was soooo HOT. Even our kid who is usually oblivious to heat couldn't take it.

Aruba was wonderful and hot - we did butterfly farm (I melted, DH and DS were toasty but ok), and the beach and water were fabulous. Eagle beach.