Total number of C19 cases last week = 55

Total number C19 cases overall = 9,791

Sauce:

https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/bahamas-population/

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/bahamas/

35 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Oh no!  Not MORE Covid-19 posts! 😉

1 minute ago, Mary229 said:

Plus it shows they are forking over serious dollars for insurance.   Thanks for the information.  I just wish their ships were smaller.  

I hear you. Actually, the RCI Adventure of the Seas (sailing out of the Bahamas) is one of their "smaller" ships with a passenger load from 3,382 - 4,058. Considering it will not sail at full capacity, it might not be too bad. The Bliss has a passenger capacity of 4,086 - 4,903 while the Pearl's is 2,394 - 2,873. Compare that to the Symphony of the Seas which is 5,490 - 6,314! Now that is HUUUGE IMO. 😲

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, hamrag said:

But, would travel insurance be valid during a no travel advisory? Certainly in the UK it absolutely wouldn't.

Absolutely it would, we had to cancel a trip to the Dominican Republic in January, while the CDC was still advising people against overseas travel. We bought insurance that covered Covid and received a full refund of what we'd paid. It's a good question you raise, and I was concerned about the "no travel" advisory affecting our insurance, but it wasn't an issue. But we're in the US so it might be different to the UK.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCGuy64 said:

Absolutely it would, we had to cancel a trip to the Dominican Republic in January, while the CDC was still advising people against overseas travel. We bought insurance that covered Covid and received a full refund of what we'd paid. It's a good question you raise, and I was concerned about the "no travel" advisory affecting our insurance, but it wasn't an issue. But we're in the US so it might be different to the UK.

Interesting, I am amazed, and it definitely would not be covered here in the UK...if there is a no travel advisory, any claim is invalid.

35 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Compare that to the Symphony of the Seas which is 5,490 - 6,314! Now that is HUUUGE IMO. 😲

Agree. HUUUGE as in "behemoth" huge. That's why I booked her. A city at sea 😉 (lots and lots onboard to do).

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Interesting that RCI will be covering the costs for C19 related issues for those of us who have booked a summer cruise. This shows me they are confident in their C19 protocols. 

Book by May 31, 2021 and your cruise fare includes the following at no extra cost.

COVID-19 Protections

• 100% refund for you and your immediate travel party if any of you tests positive within 14 days prior to the cruise, or at the boarding terminal

• 100% refund for you, your travel party, and any confirmed close contacts if any of you tests positive during your cruise

• In the event of COVID-19-related expenses, Royal Caribbean will cover onboard medical treatment, cost of any required land-based quarantine, and travel home for you, your travel party, and any confirmed close contacts

Source: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center

Cool 😎, I did not know this. I felt good already being booked with RCI's Adventure of the Seas, now I feel even better. Thanks for the very + info!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, logan25 said:

Actually, based on the stated 387 active cases and population of 390,000, that works out to one-tenth of 1%, not 1%.

Yep, I like numbers.  👍

And let's not forget those 194 "deaths," IMO the real indicator, 0.0005 compared to the US 0.00162 (approximately 70% less).

Considering the general health standards and levels of comparative care facilities of and for the population, kind of makes one wonder.

Add to that, the US out performs by 10X the Bahamas with a vaccination rate of its population 35% to 3.5%.

Pfizer?  Nope.

Moderna?  Nope.

Johnson & Johnson?  Nope.

Astrazeneca?  Yep.

vac.thumb.JPG.7c16a2a0d1a19a5ca9fb95c09d80c2af.JPG

Edited by At Sea At Peace

I can't find the post but I saw somebody mention "Singapore is cruising. Israel is cruising."  Yes, Singapore is cruising (to nowhere).  They also have the virus under control very well and plan on keeping it that way. They are very strict with who they let into the country.  My friend that is a Singapore citizen had to quarantine for 2 weeks (citizens don't have to pay to stay in hotel for quarantine when arriving, non-citizens do).  I don't know about most of you but I don't have the money and vacation time to fly to Singapore, stay 2 weeks in quarantine for a cruise.  And remember, they do not play with people breaking their laws - you will be fined and jailed for breaking quarantine.      I'm sure Israel isn't just letting anybody into the country to go for a cruise either.   These are not poor countries like the Bahamas and DR.  The comparison is apples to oranges.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/singapore-travel-covid-19/index.html

• Like 4

India is out of control again.  Philippines also going the wrong way.  Two of the ships' biggest sources of crew.  Even if we achieve herd immunity if the US, the rest of the world, oh yea, forgot France being mentioned today, a long way to go other than cruises to no where.  And, just read that the herd immunity is now projected to be much further down the road for the US because so many folks are refusing the vaccine.  I'd sure like to cruise.  But not looking good anytime soon......my opinion based on various reports.  

• Like 3

If some of y'all don't think the CDC big wigs are upset that the cruise lines are making an end run by cruising out of the Islands, I have ocean front property in Arizona to sell you.  

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

If some of y'all don't think the CDC big wigs are upset that the cruise lines are making an end run by cruising out of the Islands, I have ocean front property in Arizona to sell you.  

I've always wondered how, in an attempt to affront another, that statements like "I have lake property in the Florida Everglades to sell you," and "I have ocean front property in Arizona to sell you," is used as a spear.

However, it is not a shield.

it's fair to ask, just how intelligent are those offering such if they acquired such scandalously abhorrent property in the first place?

🙄🤨👍

30 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

The same type of temper tantrum they threw when they were overruled by Mike Pence last October.  Remember that?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Trimone said:

The CDC are probably worried about infection coming back to the USA?

And yet plenty of planes flying into and around the USA every single day. I don't recall the CDC grounding THEM.

• Like 2

On 4/20/2021 at 9:23 AM, HBCcruiser said:

I am fully vaccinated and have been since March 1. Last I checked I still live in a free country with a Bill of Rights and Constitution. Those who wish to stay home may do so. Those of us who wish to travel should do so. 

Not sure when you last checked but if I were you I'd check back daily to see if you still live in a free country... 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, At Sea At Peace said:

I've always wondered how, in an attempt to affront another, that statements like "I have lake property in the Florida Everglades to sell you," and "I have ocean front property in Arizona to sell you," is used as a spear.

However, it is not a shield.

it's fair to ask, just how intelligent are those offering such if they acquired such scandalously abhorrent property in the first place?

🙄🤨👍

IF you'll buy that I'll throw the Golden Gate in Free.  🙂

• Like 1

Well I for one have not had covid or anyone near me but we are all Vaccinated and its my choice and not the CDC to make If I want to travel.  By the way I will be traveling to the Dominican Rep. for a 7day  southern Caribbean on the Norwegian GEM.  My choice and I am Traveling.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, angere1 said:

Not sure when you last checked but if I were you I'd check back daily to see if you still live in a free country... 

Totally Agree are we free or not, I am also vaccinated and will be traveling to the Dominican rep. to cruise

• Like 3