ADVENTURE OF THE SEAS CAPACITY

Good morning, just wondering if anyone actually knows or has heard what the capacity will be on the Adventure out of Nassau.  Not that I really care, we are confirmed and cruising, just strange that nobody, even Royal Caribbean, Crown & Anchor, Diamond Plus desk, nobody, can say if they are selling the cruises to 100% capacity or limiting them to say, maybe 50% ?? 

15 minutes ago, mike60707 said:

just strange that nobody, even Royal Caribbean, Crown & Anchor, Diamond Plus desk, nobody, can say if they are selling the cruises to 100% capacity or limiting them to say, maybe 50% ?? 

Even RCI themselves may not have decided yet.

33 minutes ago, Wordell1 said:

If everyone is vaccinated, I don't really see why we would care.  

I think people just want to sail on a ship that's  booked  at only 50%, especially if it's going to Coco Cay. 

Edited by Iamcruzin

24 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I think people just want to sail on a ship that's  booked  at only 50%, especially if it's going to Coco Cay. 

I get it because it is pretty rare. My first cruise was in October 2001, just after 9/11 and it was around 50% because of cancellation - We were definitely spoiled by having no waiting throughout the ship.

I will say that if they intend to socially distance, then I would hope that they would limit capacity.  

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

The rumors have been anywhere between 40-60%, but nothing official.

Given that they are selling insides, I doubt that will be the case. The 40-60% applied to Quantum and she's got enough balconies to do that, even though most reports indicate they rarely get above 50% capacity.

18 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

The UK government are allowing staycation cruises from May 17th.

Maximum of 1000 passengers or 50% capacity whichever is the lowest number.

How did you find that out ?  We are booked on a UK Staycation , on Sky Princess and booked a suite in case it was crowded - will it really be 1000 people as capacity is 3660, we were anticipating 50% hence booking the suite in case we needed to escape!

5 hours ago, Wordell1 said:

If everyone is vaccinated, I don't really see why we would care.  

Because 100% of the vaccinated people on board can catch COVID and potentially spread COVID. The vaccine does not prevent you from catching COVID. It only reduces the chance of you having moderate or serious symptoms when you catch COVID, thus reducing the time when you potentially spread the disease. So, in your US domestic airports and on your domestic connecting flights (packed like sardines in a tin can) you can catch COVID if you are careless and bring it onboard with you. That COVID would not be detected until a few days into the cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, snnc2005 said:

How did you find that out ?  We are booked on a UK Staycation , on Sky Princess and booked a suite in case it was crowded - will it really be 1000 people as capacity is 3660, we were anticipating 50% hence booking the suite in case we needed to escape!

It was featured in UK press yesterday.

Graham.

Screenshot_20210424_193001.jpg

Screenshot_20210424_192924.jpg

1 minute ago, BirdTravels said:

Because 100% of the vaccinated people on board can catch COVID and potentially spread COVID. The vaccine does not prevent you from catching COVID. It only reduces the chance of you having moderate or serious symptoms when you catch COVID, thus reducing the time when you potentially spread the disease. So, in your US domestic airports and on your domestic connecting flights (packed like sardines in a tin can) you can catch COVID if you are careless and bring it onboard with you. That COVID would not be detected until a few days into the cruise. 

Actually, that is not true.  Moderna and Pfizer are aver 90% effective and JJ is above 70% in preventing the virus AND are very close to 100% effective in preventing serious cases of Covid.

So you are correct that there is a small chance of the virus being spread amongst a group of people who have close to zero percent chance of getting a serious case.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Please stop spreading inaccurate information.

• Like 5

I've seen a few people reporting being told by Crown & Anchor reps that at least the initial Adventure of the Seas sailings will be limited to 50% occupancy.

No further specifics, though. 50% by people, 50% by cabins, how about 50% of the crew, et. al.

I was on Anthem of the Seas for the February 7, 2020 sailing where the prior cruise had a few potential COVID-19 cases, so we were delayed from board for 2 days and from sailing for 3 days until they had confirmation they were not testing positive. But Royal Caribbean offered full refunds to folks who didn't want to sail the short cruise and changed itinerary. In the end about 40% of the folks who were sailing decided to take the cruise.

It really was nice having the ship with so few people. Very, very pleasant in almost every respect. Of course that was a fully staffed ship with 40% occupancy, as opposed to perhaps a 50% staffed ship with 50% occupancy. I still expect we'll be good.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, dswallow said:

I was on Anthem of the Seas for the February 7, 2020 sailing where the prior cruise had a few potential COVID-19 cases, so we were delayed from board for 2 days and from sailing for 3 days until they had confirmation they were not testing positive. But Royal Caribbean offered full refunds to folks who didn't want to sail the short cruise and changed itinerary. In the end about 40% of the folks who were sailing decided to take the cruise.

It really was nice having the ship with so few people. Very, very pleasant in almost every respect. Of course that was a fully staffed ship with 40% occupancy, as opposed to perhaps a 50% staffed ship with 50% occupancy. I still expect we'll be good.

We were on that cruise, too. So nice with reduced pax density.  We actually made money between the OBC and the FCC.  Last cruise we took.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, grapau27 said:

The UK government are allowing staycation cruises from May 17th.

Maximum of 1000 passengers or 50% capacity whichever is the lowest number.

My UK MSC cruise will be at 1000 passengers which is 20% capacity!!! 
But after 21/6 the capacity can/will increase. @snnc2005 when do you sail?

Edited by little britain

On 4/24/2021 at 7:06 AM, mike60707 said:

Good morning, just wondering if anyone actually knows or has heard what the capacity will be on the Adventure out of Nassau.  Not that I really care, we are confirmed and cruising, just strange that nobody, even Royal Caribbean, Crown & Anchor, Diamond Plus desk, nobody, can say if they are selling the cruises to 100% capacity or limiting them to say, maybe 50% ?? 

Actually, Royal Caribbean Diamond Plus desk confirmed yesterday that sailings on the Adventure of the Seas from Nassau are being sold to only 50% capacity !! 

• Like 1

On 4/24/2021 at 7:38 AM, dodgestang said:

Considering I booked room for 4 and easily added 5th into it I would say the ship will be swelling 😉

Confirmed Adventure from Nassau capacity being sold to maximum 50 % capacity

• Like 1

11 hours ago, little britain said:

My UK MSC cruise will be at 1000 passengers which is 20% capacity!!! 
But after 21/6 the capacity can/will increase. @snnc2005 when do you sail?

10th September, 2021, picked  it as we will be vaccinated  (for us prefer all pax to be vaccinated) sadly children won't be so 3 days not a big ask for my parents to supervise