Solstice SE Asia - Feb 2022

Newbury newbie

Just over 9 months now to our scheduled sailing on Solstice out of Hong Kong. Hopefully we’ll be embarking on 13th Feb 2022.  🤞🤞🤞  

What’s the thoughts of others regards this. Will these itineraries be back and sailing by then? Or are we likely to get cancelled?

Right now Hong Kong is shut off for most visitors, but I’m presuming that will have changed by then. But you never know!

I’ve had my first jab in the UK and now waiting for the second, which should be in the next 2 weeks

43 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We had 5 cruises booked to Asia in both 2020 and 2021.  Hope you get to go in 2022,  my ability to predict has a very low accuracy rate.

We have actually booked the same itinerary as we were due to do on Millie in 2020. That got cancelled 2 days before we were due to fly out from the UK!!

My feelings swing between all out blind optimism and apathetic pessimism!!

Right now, I’m about middle! Looking up flight options but short of confidence to book them ☹️

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Hope you get to go in 2022,  my ability to predict has a very low accuracy rate.

Then I would like you to predict that our Dec 19 Asia cruise will not sail........

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Then I would like you to predict that our Dec 19 Asia cruise will not sail........

5 hours ago, Newbury newbie said:

Just over 9 months now to our scheduled sailing on Solstice out of Hong Kong. Hopefully we’ll be embarking on 13th Feb 2022.  🤞🤞🤞  

What’s the thoughts of others regards this. Will these itineraries be back and sailing by then? Or are we likely to get cancelled?

Right now Hong Kong is shut off for most visitors, but I’m presuming that will have changed by then. But you never know!

I’ve had my first jab in the UK and now waiting for the second, which should be in the next 2 weeks

We are on the Feb. 27 Solstice cruise.  I hope that yours sails and ours does as well.  Only time will tell...

Here's to hoping that the December cruises go also. 🍷

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 2

I had been thinking all sailings in 2022 were safe, but the longer this goes on and with people coming in with fake documents, as they did here from India, and bringing more variants with them, I'm not so sure.

We sail out of Tokyo, hopefully, Apr 26, almost a year now.  I hope we all get to sail soon.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

I had been thinking all sailings in 2022 were safe, but the longer this goes on and with people coming in with fake documents, as they did here from India, and bringing more variants with them, I'm not so sure.

We sail out of Tokyo, hopefully, Apr 26, almost a year now.  I hope we all get to sail soon.

As long as YOU are vaxed, IMO, I would not spend a lot of time worrying about the "fake" documents, whether it be from a person from India, US or Europe.  The vast majority of folks on board will have been legit vaccinated.  For us, it is just so time to resume normalcy!

49 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

I agree and understand your concerns regarding unvaccinated passengers getting on board. Vaccinations do not give complete protection from Covid. It would also be upsetting and  disappointing if the cruise came to an abrupt halt as X has stated would happen in their T&C's.

Edited by C-Dragons

We have the same cruise booked for Jan 2022, and currently feel we are around a 25% chance of sailing. Last time I checked, Hong Kong has a 21 day quarantine requirement for entry, and that has not changed in over a year.  Hong Kong is essentially closed to travellers.  Singapore is similarly locked down, as entry to anyone other than a Singaporean resident is not allowed.  We are somewhat optimist that things will improve , however, given the cold relationship between China and the west, we do not see anything changing in the short term.  

5 hours ago, LGW59 said:

As long as YOU are vaxed, IMO, I would not spend a lot of time worrying about the "fake" documents, whether it be from a person from India, US or Europe.  The vast majority of folks on board will have been legit vaccinated.  For us, it is just so time to resume normalcy!

At the moment we are not fully vaccinated as we have to wait 4 months between shots, so we expect the second one in August.  Canada really dropped the ball on vaccinations.  Thanks for the encouragement anyway.

4 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

At the moment we are not fully vaccinated as we have to wait 4 months between shots, so we expect the second one in August.  Canada really dropped the ball on vaccinations.  Thanks for the encouragement anyway.

4 months?!  Wow, what shots are they offering in Canada?

3 minutes ago, Ms Jo UK said:

UK is 12 weeks (so 3 months) between 1st and 2nd shot regardless of the type of vaccine.

In US Johnson & Johnson is one and done, Pfizer is 3 weeks between and Moderna is 4 weeks between.  From what I have read we are just about at the point where anyone who wants the vaccine is there or will be by May 15 and most likely when all is said and done approx 65% will have gotten the vax.  I hope it is more and will cross the 70% threshold.  Good luck!!

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

4 months?!  Wow, what shots are they offering in Canada?

We have Pfizer, which we got, Moderna and AZ.  There was not enough vaccine in the beginning so they decided it would be better to get as many vaccinated with the first dose as possible, and this necessitated a longer wait time between the doses.   I'm quite envious of all the US people who have already gotten both doses.