The Daily for Tuesday Apr 27, 2021

richwmn

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning.  I would have loved to see the full moon, but our clouds have returned.  We should get rain off and on the rest of the week, so I did a quick grocery run early this morning.

Wishing all our Dutch friends, especially @sailingdutchy, a Happy Kings Day.  

Morse code was a game changer back in the day, and I like prime rib, medium rare.  Babe Ruth was a great baseball player, and an interesting person.  After watching Ken Burns' series on baseball, we realized Babe Ruth's private life was often "messy".

No sure about the quote.  O Henry was a character.

We like chicken pot pie, but I haven't made it since it's too much for us to eat in one meal.  Like @summer slope, we like Marie Calendar's chicken pot pies.

I usually drink pinot noir, but today's wine is a little pricey for us.

@mamaofami  Glad your grandson found a job in LA.

@cunnorl  Your birthday celebration sounds wonderful.

We have been to Huahine-Iti twice.  The first time was in 1996 on Wind Song, and the second time was in 2004 on Tahitian Princess.  It is a small island of about 6075 people (in 2017) and is not visited by many ships.  

On our first visit, we took a tour of the island, and the second time we took a shuttle into the main village, walked around and stopped for a beer.  All the pictures are from our second visit.

IMG_3911.thumb.JPG.bca959291a3653cf70dca79cdf400ca4.JPG

IMG_3913.thumb.JPG.1d6a1df30141a2884551a3e8d69cc802.JPGIMG_3914.thumb.JPG.3235d35b5d2f6c5ef2f8db3372554db0.JPG

IMG_3920.thumb.JPG.f0bbd2acdde515abe7116de8fc731648.JPG

The pictures give you an idea why it's called the Garden Island.

Lenda

Thank you for the outstanding photos of Huahine Iti.  It really looks lovely!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I have loved the pictures of the moon, and the King's Day celebration!  My TA on Nieuw Statendam should have ended tomorrow in Amsterdam.  I knew I had to be doing some "orange" shopping, but sadly, that didn't happen, as no TA in 2021!

Did some grocery shopping this morning--fully masked.  Locally, people are doing quite well with the masking, although the mask orders are soon to expire for Colorado.  Even with being fully vaccinated, I am still being cautious.

Am sure that it will be leftovers today, although I would love prime rib!  I am working on my "ice cave" to get some things used up.  Trying to work toward more vegetables, though not going vegetarian!

Have a great day, everyone.

• Like 17

Good afternoon everyone and Happy Tuesday from Las Vegas!  I hope everyone is well!!  I am very sore from walking and walking and walking but it sure feels good to do something somewhat normal for a change. 

We just walked through Caesars Palace and I took a few pictures of the little aquarium they have. Someone told me that this is a Leopard Shark:

FA8C0BA3-9D80-401E-AFC2-137F9468A79C.thumb.jpeg.26afb0b481e1548736702685a333867d.jpeg

Can you see the crab?

003E80C0-9E35-4470-BBB6-37422F8B7470.thumb.jpeg.476fa9bfed4b3ecf6fa8a8fe4e97e211.jpeg

Sorry about the reflection in this one:

346CCC1F-5D10-4936-9352-62E24695A910.thumb.jpeg.763a5e6a41bdf88394b172287edd2a3f.jpeg

And some tulip pictures from yesterday:

13D18223-1B63-44F4-898E-12E03797F02A.thumb.jpeg.28ed3addc1f584ae407b21f0a9cd9bd6.jpeg

191FB5D3-F188-41FB-88D3-6E68A2A4DC51.thumb.jpeg.06e7cef1c34be1116369d06f0a10e72e.jpeg

Have a great day everyone!!

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 25

I have not been as dedicated to the orange as some others but I experienced it twice in 2019.  Two years ago today I was on the Nieuw Statendam and we had an orange party in the evening:

orangeparty.jpg

It was quite a hit and extended into the next venue:

overflow.jpg

One of the features was orange beer:

orangebeer.jpg

On the Prinsendam we celebrated the birth of his mother, Queen Beatrix, on January 30.  It was a Gala night and I don't remember what I planned to wear but had a surprise find at a shop in Trujillo:

orangegala.jpg

Of course the penguins were attired for the occasion:

orangepenguins.jpg

Roy

• Like 27

Good afternoon all!

Quite a warm day here, 87 degrees. I always worry that, with those temps, we will have a storm, but rain isn’t scheduled until tomorrow.

All hail Prime Rib Day!  Babe Ruth was an interesting character. I could swear there was a Girl Scout badge for Morse Code, but  I’ve forgotten everything I learned except SOS. 

I will take it all today, the dish, the drink, the wine!

I’m pretty sure I have not visited today’s port.

Fun time today. For the first time in over a year, my DH had lunch with a group of his high school friends. Before the pandemic they would meet every month, so this was such a big deal. All of us wives get together as well (although few of us went to school together, we’ve become good friends thru our husbands). We are all vaccinated now so we felt pretty comfortable.

Before lunch I had an eye doctor appointment. May I just say that, while I appreciate the importance of the visual field test, I really hate, hate, hate it. I try to convince myself I’m playing a video game, but my heads not buying it.

Prayers today for everyone on our cares list 🙏. And what fun to join in all the celebrations virtually 🎈🥂🎈

Take care,

St Louis Sal

• Like 18

Good, well, late afternoon all! I was fighting the good fight this morning with the one airline that STILL hasn’t refunded the flight they cancelled in spring 2020. Thus I missed posting this morning. What interesting days! Babe Ruth made me think of chocolate bars. I have my Advance Amateur Radio Operators license, and at one point was able to follow 20 wpm. That was long ago, and I’d be lucky to read anything at all. Sending is so much easier! Prime rib is my favourite meal. Whenever it appears on the MDR menu, there is no other option! Today’s port is new to me, hopefully we’ll go there someday!

The Rieslings came out of the doghouse yesterday and are scampering around the patio when Mom isn’t looking. Once they can climb the step into the garden, they’ll be off and we won’t see them much anymore. Meanwhile, we get a couple,of days of entertainment!

The two bravest Rieslings stepping outside with a human in sight. I think there are four.

78A991EA-FBE9-4762-BBE6-7AC679EADD80.thumb.jpeg.8a0c1194b26529cfc5bb25bff66949f4.jpeg

And of course, today was Tuesday. I hope it was happy!

967BE383-F175-4312-90F3-D3606F17E126.thumb.jpeg.b082c2588e6b27ff1341e6e176503354.jpeg

• Like 18

I started off reading early this am and then DH said let's go to the beach.  The weather was wonderful and even got a little sunburn.

We had so looked forward to spending King's Day in Delft last year after our TA but it was not to be.  Something to try to do in the future.

Today's wine comes from a winery about 20 minutes from our house.  The various vintners on Ribbon Ridge produce some nice Pinots.

Prayers for those on the care list and those who need them.  Best Wishes to all.

• Like 10