No Mardi Gras sailings on the website until October

geaux_aces

On 4/30/2021 at 4:38 PM, Cherries Jubilee said:

I’ve been waiting anxiously to see every line’s new ships.

I've been waiting anxiously to sail on many new ships.   Mardi Gras in October, Celebrity Apex in January, Discovery Princess in April on a B2B, Celebration in January of 23 and NCL Encore in January of 23.

2 hours ago, bassmk said:

I just paid off my Sept 25th sailing, and the check-in date on my planner has moved from Sept 15th to Aug 24th. 

I am on July 24 and my check-in date in June 24. My November Magic cruise is 11/20 and check-in 10/21.

Do you think it's even possible for MG to sail in July?   It's still overseas, and the time needed to prepare for passengers seems like my July 24 date is looking more and more speculative even if other Carnival ships are sailing by then.   

I'm scheduled for August 7th on Mardi Gras . A group of 33, we were allowed to push back Final Balance date to late June.   MG was scheduled to do Mediterranean cruises before coming permanently to the U.S. 

I was wondering if the August to September cruises would be cancelled so MG could fulfill the Mediterranean Cruises.  I noticed that she is still sitting over in the Barcelona area. ?

I am definitely ready, I was supposed to sail on MG on October 31, 2020, that cruise was cancelled and we rescheduled to August 7th.  I don't want to have to wear a mask, I'm hoping we won't. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

I've been waiting anxiously to sail on many new ships.   Mardi Gras in October, Celebrity Apex in January, Discovery Princess in April on a B2B, Celebration in January of 23 and NCL Encore in January of 23.

I can’t even imagine having that much cruising to look forward to! Is there a word more extreme than anxious? That is what I would be. 😄

1 hour ago, nae418 said:

I don't want to have to wear a mask, I'm hoping we won't. 

If by some slim chance that the cruise does sail, I think that masks will still be needed.   Inside besides eating and drinking.  Hopefully not at all outside.

29 minutes ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

I can’t even imagine having that much cruising to look forward to! Is there a word more extreme than anxious? That is what I would be. 😄

The pandemic has forced me into an early retirement.  Luckily I'm still collecting,  but I will be forced to quit 4 years ahead of when I wanted to.

On pins and needles about the resumption of cruising so we don't have to flip too many of our dates.

• Like 1

A lot of new announcements are coming up.  Some later this week so stay tuned...

With that said, my bet is that they are not showing anymore is because of capacity.  I believe they will sail out 70% or less for capacity.   I am very happy about that to tell you the truth.  I see it being that way probably for the first year.  Just my hunch though.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BrotherCraig said:

A lot of new announcements are coming up.  Some later this week so stay tuned...

With that said, my bet is that they are not showing anymore is because of capacity.  I believe they will sail out 70% or less for capacity.   I am very happy about that to tell you the truth.  I see it being that way probably for the first year.  Just my hunch though.  

I was thinking about capacity too. The sky ride on vista always has a long line. Would be nicer is the line was a lot shorter, but maybe if line shorter than just more would be willing to wait. I'm very ready. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BrotherCraig said:

👀 

We just booked the first sailing in October last night. I specifically asked my PVP the chances of the ship sailing and she said 100%. I know she has to say that, but between that and what you've said I'm encouraged. 

• Like 1

Because of the uncertainty with Gov DeSantis in FLA,  there is a possibility that the first two ships starting back for Carnival will be out of Galveston, utilizing the 95% vaccination policy recently authorized by the CDC.

Then the first ship out of Miami will be using the test cruise route, pushing the Mardi Gras down to 4th out of the chute at best.

Well -- this just in today.   May be time for me and DH to throw in the towel for summer even if MG sails.  The buffet I can live without -- but grab and go??   Come on!   And the rest -- I simply do not understand why, if people are vaccinated, that the masking and other requirements need to be so restrictive.   Who wants to wear a mask on ourdoor shore excursions in the heat??   Meanwhile, the CDC on home turf says there's little risk to outdoor activities, and even less so after vaccination.  Don't get me wrong -- we've been diligent mask-wearers all along, missing out on family and grandparent visits, etc.   But enough is enough.   Either the vaccines work, or they don't.  Either it's safe to be outdoors, in proximity to others, or it's not.   The CDC on one hand promotes and encourages vaccines, but then pushes back and maintains restrictions even after the fact.   That doesn't exactly give any of the reluctant people any real reason to get the jab.  Aside from protecting yourself and others, getting the vaccine should help us return to normalcy.   One thing is for sure -- these aren't normal cruise protocols, and it  doesn't sound much like a vacation to me anymore.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24942-cdc-will-eliminate-cruise-ship-buffet-require-organized-shore-excursions.html

Edited by 80sGal
  • Like 2

I think once carnival actually comes out with protocols there will be many on my roll call cancelling or moving to a later date. If carnival says everyone has to be vaccinated poof.. down to capacity. Easy peasy to get some to canc if overbooked. My roll call is taking a unofficial .. no comments, just are you vaccinated or not poll. 

Ben and David, some British bloggers looked at all the lines have to do for test sailings and said cdc just found another way to require vaccines without having to come out and say so, how cheeky!  Made me laugh. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, stellarose said:

as long as she- MG - sails by July/ August - I am good.

Your cruise isn't until Christmas,  right?  The way it looks right now, with the first two Carnival ships out of Galveston and a third out of MIA possibly via the test route, that pushes the MG to 4th and possibly  Labor Day or even later for the inaugural.   Either way, you have nothing to worry about.

Another here with fingers crossed that the Sept. 4 Mardi Gras will be a go. I suspect that the July cruises and maybe even August have a good chance of cancellation, although I hope not. I'm in the require the vaccine and let's get the ships cruising group, but even that is uncertain here in Florida under the current legislation. Hoping the CDC or some federal agency can overule that stupid law..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 40yearcruiser said:

Another here with fingers crossed that the Sept. 4 Mardi Gras will be a go. I suspect that the July cruises and maybe even August have a good chance of cancellation, although I hope not. I'm in the require the vaccine and let's get the ships cruising group, but even that is uncertain here in Florida under the current legislation. Hoping the CDC or some federal agency can overule that stupid law..

I was hopeful for August a few days ago, but it doesn't look good if they are going to go with the test cruises and unvaccinated.  That will really delay cruises and I fear that will count the August cruises out.  But I guess if that happens, I will move it a 4th time and maybe it will be for the best if they have a hundred mask rules.

5 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

I was hopeful for August a few days ago, but it doesn't look good if they are going to go with the test cruises and unvaccinated.  That will really delay cruises and I fear that will count the August cruises out.  But I guess if that happens, I will move it a 4th time and maybe it will be for the best if they have a hundred mask rules.

I very much doubt they will go with mock cruises. Carnival isnt saying a ship will start out of miami because they plan on doing mock cruises. There is nothing that indicates carnival hasnt talked to the ports already before they would announce the 3 ships to restart. 

Some on here have a political axe to grind to keep beining this up. From what I've read no cruiseline would ever consider doing the long list with mock cruises. Wouldnt happen and carnival wouldnt say horizon or whichever ship is out of miami they hope to restart in july if they didnt think they could.

Mock cruises are not going to happen. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 40yearcruiser said:

We are also booked for September 4.  It was booked back in November 2019, when the ship should have been sailing quite a while by September 2021.  Wouldn’t it be something if we are now booked on the inaugural sailing?  So many people have rebooked several times to be on the inaugural, and now it looks like a real possibility that we may have stumbled onto it.  I sincerely hope it will be sailing in August, but think it just might not happen until September.

Hi All, I'm Booked for Aug. 21st They pulled sailing over 5 weeks ago from site but it still shows in planner! My thoughts is capacity! I guess we will see by end of May. We sure do hope it goes!! Stay Safe out there! 

• Like 1