If cruises from US Ports resumes in July, what's next?

2 hours ago, JsMom2 said:

The cruise line contract doesn’t prevent them from over booking, or cancelling a cruise due to charter etc.  The contract is to protect the cruise line, not the passenger.  I’m D+ myself and would hope they would take loyalty status into account, if they do need to bum people. They will usually make an attractive compensation offer, but at this point I just need to cruise!

A few hrs ago, I called RCCL and had the agent check on special promos for our Sept Allure cruise.  She was able to save me another $200 on our balance due, so they seem to be booking on our cruise at least,  She even offered me an upgrade for very little to a larger balcony.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

A few hrs ago, I called RCCL and had the agent check on special promos for our Sept Allure cruise.  She was able to save me another $200 on our balance due, so they seem to be booking on our cruise at least,  She even offered me an upgrade for very little to a larger balcony.

What are the special promotions that were available for the Allure? Wondering if its ONLY for the Allure?

11 hours ago, HicksRA said:

They basically did it to me on a transpacific booking I had by changing the departure port from Sydney to Brisbane and calling it a repositioning.  Rather than letting us choose to continue on the cruise with the change, they cancelled all those money losing lift and shifts and resold the cabins for a much higher price. 
They have their ways. 

Just about all of those Lift & Shifts from the Allure Transatlantic seem to have been cancelled. We just took the FCC from the deposit. But they had all of those interesting choices, Odyssey TA, Transpacific, etc.  and none of them ended up working out, although I guess the Harmony fall TA hasn't been cancelled yet? 

Edited by Coralc

On 4/29/2021 at 10:49 PM, Biker19 said:

Very likely everyone who is booked. If there's going to be any bumping, RCI will likely use their previous method of incentives.

If they permit me to do a L&S to the same itinerary next summer, I will be happy to take the offer and get bumped.

13 hours ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Wow, that would be a cruel way to do things, but in a way wouldn't be a  surprise. I would still think a plan would be needed as to who can still get to be on a cruise that they've already booked.

I agree.  I just cannot fathom how a cruise line that one of their main focuses is families, especially in the summer, would cancel all reservations on families who have children in them.

10 hours ago, ladychater said:

I'm guessing that a lot of people will drop out all on their own. If RC said that you could get a full refund and maybe some perk if you're unvaccinated or simply not feeling ready to cruise just yet, a fair few folks will remove themselves from the sailings.

I think you are right that a fair number of people will drop out on their own.  That said, we are making final payment next week because the ability to L&S or the 125% FCC if RCCL cancels on us, is much more appealing than us canceling and just getting our initial deposit back in a few months.

8 hours ago, JsMom2 said:

There are probably a lot of folks who will drop out due to the vaccination requirement.  Especially those traveling with children. 

As I said above, the offers are much better if RCCL cancels the cruise on you.  Why people would decide to cancel the cruise themselves before RCCL made that decision for them, is beyond my understanding unless they really did not want to be on that cruise if it set sail.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

If they permit me to do a L&S to the same itinerary next summer, I will be happy to take the offer and get bumped.

I doubt L&S will be an option as that is only used when the sailing is canceled. There very well may be some cases where the sailing is cancelled and resold; in that case an L&S will likely be offered.

Biker, who thinks the days of L&S are numbered.

11 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Simple: those with bookings stay on the ship.  Those without will have to wait.

Sounds easy, BUT I'm sure that brings the ship over the 40% or 60% whatever it's ultimately going to come to if that means is considered. Then what, that's when the RCI's plan on how to decide who's going and who's not able to comes into play.

12 hours ago, Coralc said:

Just about all of those Lift & Shifts from the Allure Transatlantic seem to have been cancelled. We just took the FCC from the deposit. But they had all of those interesting choices, Odyssey TA, Transpacific, etc.  and none of them ended up working out, although I guess the Harmony fall TA hasn't been cancelled yet? 

On this transpacific, they called it a repositioning and would not allow a lift & shift or fcc. It was just “here’s your money back”. I talked with someone in the exec office and was told since it wasn’t a “cancellation”, they would offer nothing other than a refund. 

14 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

No there are several others, call them up...

Just called my T-A. There aren't any special promotions available, they called Royal. At least none for either of the three ships that we're booked on. You did well to get it booking through the Cruise Line.