Masks?

jeno

6 minutes ago, susiesan said:

My TA responded that O is closed over the weekend. She won't be back at her office until Tuesday so anyone who wants to try for my cabin should notify their TA now to grab it when available on Tuesday when my reservation is cancelled. I have a feeling you will be disappointed though, I highly doubt O will resell this. Maybe someone who is actually waitlisted will get it but not someone making a new booking. You will need to pay $1600 more for the B1 verandah at $4149 vs $2549 for the G inside.

Your TA can cancel online (does not need to call O) unless you are wanting to move your deposit to another sailing but based upon your responses, you are moving on from O.  Enjoy your travels wherever they may take you,

• Like 1

Just now, basor said:

Your TA can cancel online (does not need to call O) unless you are wanting to move your deposit to another sailing but based upon your responses, you are moving on from O.  Enjoy your travels wherever they may take you,

I think because the deposit was put on a credit card I no longer have she wants to talk to them about it.

Next trip, Namibia safari June 11 for 15 day.. Colorado road trip in September for 10 days during the time I would have been in the Baltics. I am moving on from O for now, I will be back someday. if anyone is able to book my cabin let me know.

2 hours ago, susiesan said:

As I said before, my TA already asked O about a move over offer, she was told no. No offers, no discounts, nothing.

As you said in the restart thread, you asked for a "Lift and Shift"

This is customer initiated, and different from  moveover offer which is cruise line initiated.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Harters said:

I believe the science says the contrary. Vaccines are not 100% effective and there is, as yet, scant information about transmission.

I think we are saying the same thing  🤔

But  will try again

No one really knows  at this point in time if a vaccinated person can catch and/or spread covid

best to still take precautions  when in public

JMO

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

This is customer initiated, and different from  moveover offer which is cruise line initiated.

I also asked for a move up offer, an upgrade, since Oceania doesn't appear to be selling insides or outsides on these initial cruises. From a health point of view, it is better to have ventilation from fresh air in all passenger cabins while covid is in the air. My TA was told that O would not upgrade me to a veranda at the price I have for the inside. 

If Oceania can sell out this sailing at half capacity without selling the cheaper insides and outsides, they will make more revenue. Good for them, I hope they can. It will help them survive financially.

My understanding of mover over offers, the cruise line needs your cabin on a sold out cruise and they pay you to take another cruise so they can resell your cabin at the current higher price. This usually happens closer to cruising time, after final payment is made. I have seen this happen before, within one week of sailing. For people who are flexible it can be a great deal. I have seen people end up with not only a replacement cruise at a different date but enough credits to cover the cost of it, making it free. it's a very generous bribe.

7 hours ago, Queen of DaNile said:

They may have a little more time before "losing a lot of money". Unless things have changed. they will be subject to a $250. pp administrative fee if they cancel 180 - 151 days prior.

"Except for Owner’s, Vista and Oceania Suites, the Administrative may be converted to a future cruise credit redeemable on bookings made up to 12 months after cancellation and for travel any time."

Things have changed. Here is the current policy on cruises coming up soon:

IMPORTANT FINAL PAYMENT EXTENSION

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Advisors,

On behalf of your entire Oceania Cruises family, I hope you are doing well and that you are looking forward to your upcoming Oceania Cruises voyage. We know what a great deal of planning goes into a vacation and we are also acutely aware that travelers have many more concerns than they did in the past.

In order to provide you with an extra measure of flexibility and peace of mind, we are amending the final payment due date for all cruises departing through October 31, 2020 to 60 days prior to departure. Additionally, cancellation penalties will not start until the new final payment deadline, at 60 days prior to departure.

Should you have any questions regarding payment or any facet of your Oceania Cruises voyage, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Warmest regards,

Carlos E. Ortega

Vice President of Guest Services 

dated Feb. 6, 2021

Edited by susiesan

27 minutes ago, susiesan said:

On behalf of your entire Oceania Cruises family, I hope you are doing well and that you are looking forward to your upcoming Oceania Cruises voyage. We know what a great deal of planning goes into a vacation and we are also acutely aware that travelers have many more concerns than they did in the past.

In order to provide you with an extra measure of flexibility and peace of mind, we are amending the final payment due date for all cruises departing through October 31, 2020 to 60 days prior to departure. Additionally, cancellation penalties will not start until the new final payment deadline, at 60 days prior to departure.

Should you have any questions regarding payment or any facet of your Oceania Cruises voyage, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Warmest regards,

Carlos E. Ortega

dated Feb. 6, 2021

Unfortunately our 26 day cruise leaves on 11/07.  I’ve been watching the date like a Hawk since this came out, but no joy.  I’m sure they won’t change it now that everything is starting to move toward starting cruising.
Thanks for the info for those that aren’t aware. 

Jeno,

We are on the November 7, 26 day Grand Voyage cruise with you and we feel your pain.  What makes our situation even stickier is we board in Istanbul, on a 20 day Grand Voyage October 18. That GV cruise FP is now on a 60 day clock and does not have to be paid until after our November 7 FP.

We will also watch like a hawk because until O commits to Riviera sailing by September or October, the FP for the November 7 trip due in June is hardly proper.  I would have used “FAIR” but my dear departed mother always told me I should never use F words.  

We all have to know Riviera will be the next O ship sailing this Fall. I expect to be contacting TA’s and others up the food chain at Oceania to promote the 60 Days FP for us. You might rattle your TA ‘s cage and get them promoting the 60 day FP date for the November 7 GV.  
Ciao,

Gerry

Perhaps the cancellation can be done on line by the TA. If the O system is real time, 8086 could show up as Available and your TA could pick it up if the timeline is perfect. Right, O is closed until Monday morning.

Good Luck 

1 hour ago, mauibabes said:

Jeno,

We are on the November 7, 26 day Grand Voyage cruise with you and we feel your pain.  What makes our situation even stickier is we board in Istanbul, on a 20 day Grand Voyage October 18. That GV cruise FP is now on a 60 day clock and does not have to be paid until after our November 7 FP.

We will also watch like a hawk because until O commits to Riviera sailing by September or October, the FP for the November 7 trip due in June is hardly proper.  I would have used “FAIR” but my dear departed mother always told me I should never use F words.  

We all have to know Riviera will be the next O ship sailing this Fall. I expect to be contacting TA’s and others up the food chain at Oceania to promote the 60 Days FP for us. You might rattle your TA ‘s cage and get them promoting the 60 day FP date for the November 7 GV.  
Ciao,

Gerry

We have been, Gerry.  He hasn’t had any luck.  I think that 3 of our 8 cabins will be canceling on Monday because our invoice shows May 4 or 5 as last day before losing the $250 pp. But you’re correct, we do have time for them to delay the FP.  What a mess. I’m really sad our group is breaking up.  I was looking forward to having our group travel together again.  This long lead time Oceania charges for FP is ridiculous even in a good year (in my opinion).  

Let your TA try to work some magic. Maybe they can get O to wave the $250 Administration Fee to try to keep the Group together.  If you are booked as a Oceania Group, 8 staterooms should qualify, your TA should be able to get some assistance from their Groups Coordinator to make this happen. Don’t give up yet. 

The Final Payment date is tied to the length of the cruise. Shorter trips, about 14 days are easier to resell if cancelled, hence the 90 day Final Payment date. A 26 day trip like this Grand Voyage is normally more difficult to sell and they come with a 150 day Final Payment requirement. Had your trip been booked as 10 and 16 day trips,  you would have had two 90 day Final Payment dates.  

Give O a nudge.

Gerry 

On 4/30/2021 at 8:37 PM, basor said:

That is too bad.....most likely the mask policy will be entirely different by the time November rolls around.  There will be lots of people lined up to grab their cabin!

I am one of them. 

I just looked,

The Nov. 7 from Monte Carlo to Rome as well as the next segment Rome to Miami, November 17 all have availability as it does as a 26 day Grand Voyage. Now all we need to have happen is Riviera sails and Covid takes a major downturn throughout the EU. 

8 hours ago, susiesan said:

Warmest regards,

Carlos E. Ortega

dated Feb. 6, 2021

That is not the current policy. The letter stated this was for cruises departing through October 31, twenty twenty.

Edited by Queen of DaNile

9 hours ago, jeno said:

Unfortunately our 26 day cruise leaves on 11/07.  I’ve been watching the date like a Hawk since this came out, but no joy.  I’m sure they won’t change it now that everything is starting to move toward starting cruising.
Thanks for the info for those that aren’t aware. 

You could always ask for a later FP date

I think the longer cruises they were doing 90 day final payment

But a moot point if the people  do not want to sail with the mask required policy

I fear that will still be in effect come November

JMO

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

My understanding is move over offers only happen when a ship is sold out and they need your particular category of cabin due to demand. Move over offers usually happen at the last minute. Since O is not selling insides now they don't need me to give up my inside cabin. If O can sell out the Aug. 29 cruise at half capacity without selling any insides or outsides, good for then. If they can make more revenue that way it will help them stay in business.

8 hours ago, Queen of DaNile said:

That is not the current policy. The letter stated this was for cruises departing through October 31, twenty twenty.

This is the part that applies to me:

Additionally, cancellation penalties will not start until the new final payment deadline, at 60 days prior to departure.

This was sent to me directly from Oceania on Feb.16, 2021 with the new final payment date of June 20, 2021 for the Aug. 29, 2021 cruise. I interpret this to mean anyone who got an extension of the final payment due 60 days before should be able to have the admin fees waived if they cancel before 60 days no matter what the old policy was. I also believe it was a typo of Oct. 2020 and should have been Oct. 2021 as this was sent February this year.

A corrected version of the February email went out - we received from our TA on 2/17/21:

In order to provide you with an extra measure of flexibility and peace of mind, we are amending the final payment due date for all cruises departing through October 31, 2021 to 60 days prior to departure. Additionally, cancellation penalties will not start until the new final payment deadline, at 60 days prior to departure.

Warmest regards,

Carlos E. Ortega

On 5/1/2021 at 11:59 PM, mauibabes said:

Let your TA try to work some magic. Maybe they can get O to wave the $250 Administration Fee to try to keep the Group together.  If you are booked as a Oceania Group, 8 staterooms should qualify, your TA should be able to get some assistance from their Groups Coordinator to make this happen. Don’t give up yet. 

The Final Payment date is tied to the length of the cruise. Shorter trips, about 14 days are easier to resell if cancelled, hence the 90 day Final Payment date. A 26 day trip like this Grand Voyage is normally more difficult to sell and they come with a 150 day Final Payment requirement. Had your trip been booked as 10 and 16 day trips,  you would have had two 90 day Final Payment dates.  

Give O a nudge.

Gerry 

He keeps trying.  Have you had any luck? 

The masks may be going away in September. I believe cruise lines were using the same dates as the TSA mandates.

From the NY Times

The Transportation Security Administration extended a mandate Friday that requires travelers to wear masks at airports, on airplanes and on commuter bus and rail systems, through Sept. 13. The mandate was set to expire on May 11.

On 5/1/2021 at 10:38 AM, susiesan said:

cruisingxpert: I just emailed my TA to cancel. Have yours look for cabin G 8086 to be back in the inventory for sale to you. Good luck getting it.

Thanks for letting me know.  I did have my TA contact someone at O but they said they had a priority waitlist for insides so he couldn't give yours to someone not on that list. 

Bummer. With a 60% capacity level, I would not expect too many non balcony staterooms to be made available since we do not even know if Riviera will sail in October or even November. 🙏🤞

So. re: inside and OV cabins: Celebrity, which is offering cruises this June out of St Maarten, has limited bookings to 50% capacity and only for verandah and suites. Now they're opening insides and OV, but still maintaining 50% capacity! My TA sez the higher levels weren't selling (in spite of industry claiming a avalanche of bookings)..