Masks?

jeno

I put a hold on an outside cabin on Sirena for Dec. 12, 2021 sailing from Miami. Oceania is making some insides and outsides available but maybe only on cruises after the original CDC imposed no cruise order is set  to expire Nov. 30. For some reason, this date only is priced very low compared to others december. I don't know the reason why but I grabbed it while still available.

Regarding the summer sailings on other cruise lines not selling well, Windstar is having a big sale on their Greek Island and Med cruises and sailings from St. Maarten this summer, June July and August dates, since those are not selling well either. If anyone wanted to try Windstar now is the time, the prices are great.

10 hours ago, sofietucker said:

So. re: inside and OV cabins: Celebrity, which is offering cruises this June out of St Maarten, has limited bookings to 50% capacity and only for verandah and suites. Now they're opening insides and OV, but still maintaining 50% capacity! My TA sez the higher levels weren't selling (in spite of industry claiming a avalanche of bookings)..

possible  people do not want to sail in the Caribbean in the summer 🙂

maybe where they live is hot enough without spending $$ to sweat

JMO

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

JMO

Agreed! We are, in spite of our local sweaty summer weather (normally it would be a Baltic cruise this time of year), just because of once in a lifetime half-empty boat. Very likely we'll stay on board on port days anyway, lol.

1 hour ago, sofietucker said:

Agreed! We are, in spite of our local sweaty summer weather (normally it would be a Baltic cruise this time of year), just because of once in a lifetime half-empty boat. Very likely we'll stay on board on port days anyway, lol.

Enjoy the ship

😷

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

JMO

Taking a big chance of hurricanes in the summer.  July thru Oct.   Not a chance.  

• Like 2

On 5/1/2021 at 7:37 AM, Queen of DaNile said:

We have a cruise scheduled for November and positively giddy over the prospect that it may actually happen. We are vaccinated and will happily wear a mask if that is required.

Us too- November.

I won't "happily" wear it, but I will wear it, if I have to.

I'll be eating and drinking A LOT- don't have to wear it then.....lol

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, hmorrow said:

Us too- November.

I won't "happily" wear it, but I will wear it, if I have to.

I'll be eating and drinking A LOT- don't have to wear it then.....lol

I was considering just wandering aimlessly with a glass of wine in my hand so to not wear the mask! Something I do most often anyway. 😂

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

On 5/4/2021 at 1:10 PM, LHT28 said:

JMO

Could not agree more.  Don't get me wrong, we love a Caribbean cruise.  But in the winter, when we are cold.  Not in the summer, when we are already hot at home, and Vermont is looking real good to us.  The idea of paying $$$ to cruise in the hot months is just not something I can wrap my head around.  I thought we were die-hard cruisers, but apparently we have definite limits.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kate-AHF said:

Could not agree more.  Don't get me wrong, we love a Caribbean cruise.  But in the winter, when we are cold.  Not in the summer, when we are already hot at home, and Vermont is looking real good to us.  The idea of paying $$$ to cruise in the hot months is just not something I can wrap my head around.  I thought we were die-hard cruisers, but apparently we have definite limits.

DW and I did enjoy 2 weeks on Saint John in July many years ago.  It was low season, but the weather there is about the same all year 'round.  I wouldn't do a land vacation in the Caribbean in September though, because of hurricanes.  A cruise is a different story – the ships can [and do] steer around the hurricane.  I wouldn't cruise in the Caribbean in any part of the summer because there are so many other parts of the world to see, and that is the best time to see them.  But if you just want a getaway and prices are low because it's off season, I can see the appeal.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2021 at 3:21 PM, pinotlover said:

I was considering just wandering aimlessly with a glass of wine in my hand so to not wear the mask! Something I do most often anyway. 😂

That's a PERFECT idea!! 

New information from CDC regarding masks:

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/covid19-operations-manual-cso.html

• Travelers should not wear a mask when doing activities that may get the mask wet, like swimming at the beach or in recreational water facilities. A wet mask can make it difficult to breathe and may not work as well when wet. This means it is particularly important for bathers to maintain physical distancing of at least 6 feet (2 meters) when in the water with others who are not traveling companions or part of the same family.

Fully Vaccinated Travelers

• Cruise ship operators, at their discretion, may advise passengers and crew that—if they are fully vaccinated—they may gather or conduct activities outdoors, including engaging in extended meal service or beverage consumption, without wearing a mask except in crowded settings.

15 minutes ago, susiesan said:

New information from CDC regarding masks:

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/covid19-operations-manual-cso.html

• Travelers should not wear a mask when doing activities that may get the mask wet, like swimming at the beach or in recreational water facilities. A wet mask can make it difficult to breathe and may not work as well when wet. This means it is particularly important for bathers to maintain physical distancing of at least 6 feet (2 meters) when in the water with others who are not traveling companions or part of the same family.

DUH!!!  🙄

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

DUH!!!  🙄

Some things have to be spelled out for some people. At my gym where masks are required throughout the facility, I routinely see people sitting in the hot tub and in the steam room with a mask on.😏Sheesh.

1 hour ago, Redtravel said:

CDC.  Fully vaccinated Americans don’t need to wear masks inside or outside and no social distancing.  Hope cruise ships follow this too.

This is indeed the good news of the day from the CDC. But, they could spin their "Wheel of Fortune" tomorrow and change it all again!

1 hour ago, Redtravel said:

CDC.  Fully vaccinated Americans don’t need to wear masks inside or outside and no social distancing.  Hope cruise ships follow this too.

That is only for Americans

What if people from other Countries are onboard  😉😷

• Like 1