The Daily for Monday May 10, 2021

richwmn

A beautiful morning here in the Pacific Northwest.  Should be above 65 degrees every day for the next week, so I can finally plant my four varieties of zucchini today.  Some time ago my DD gave me a wine making kit.  Looks like you could take the ingredients for the drink of the day, add a little yeast, wait a week or two,  and have the makings of an interesting wine.

• Like 15

@Quartzsite Cruiserthe news yesterday was concerning for all of us.  Some problems have cropped up with her and none of us know what to think.  I hope things turn around for her.  Saying our prayers and keeping fingers crossed.  I'm sure the doctors will be checking her out and letting us know what's up.

And just 5 minutes ago my brother texted his cardiologist wants to to a cardiac catheterization on him and put a stent in if necessary, May 24.  

Feeling numb right now with all these worries.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

Just now, StLouisCruisers said:

@Quartzsite Cruiserthe news yesterday was concerning for all of us.  Some problems have cropped up with her and none of us know what to think.  I hope things turn around for her.  Saying our prayers and keeping fingers crossed.  I'm sure the doctors will be checking her out and letting us know what's up.

And just 5 minutes ago my brother texted his cardiologist wants to to a cardiac catheterization on him and put a stent in if necessary, May 24.  

Good grief Sandi, now your brother! I am so sorry. I am now going to keep your entire family in my prayers.  We need to get rid of this gremlin fast. 

• Like 9

We have been a few times in Valencia and surroundings because my youngest brother lives nearby .

The inner court of his home .

IMG_0912.thumb.jpg.0bf7f6443bd505133e8eacfb81cde960.jpg

Enjoying a nice lunch with my Dutch brother who has a summer home near Valencia and my Spanish Brother  who has lived there for 40 some years . It was a long time ago the three have met all together 

958204793_DSCN16152.thumb.JPG.03c4fbb0d3971e16dfd4e57ffeae79dc.JPG

Enjoying a fantastic original Paella with the familia , cooked outdoors on a wood fire . Fred makes the best ones with either chicken , rabbit or seafood .

IMG_0885.thumb.JPG.97cfe74f31218de0c44922356e9a1d9d.JPG

Brothers home on the left and to the right is where the ladies meet in the morning doing their laundry at the well . A lot of talking is always going on ............

DSCF5113.thumb.JPG.308cb08925e1fdf373e6082e4846512a.JPG

The village from the tower in the centre where he plays his guitar because of the great acoustics 

DSCF5116.thumb.JPG.7fd7aae95e6a5d67ae8ae9d5118082bb.JPG

DSCF5118.thumb.JPG.9f958be3bbf5e42601c9aab6a067d82f.JPG

Lunch :  a Set Menu of the day and bring your own bottle of wine .  My brother works with a few Bodegas so nothing but the best ! 

DSCF5102.thumb.JPG.b2ba923969980bcf7f035d17916790f1.JPG

Youngest brother Fred  ( Alfredo ) is a great classical Spanish guitar player and composer .

12002928_754276751366424_830560069180235216_n.jpg.7624bc49e5f9344d5c7496ba915de4ab.jpg

Valencia .
The nice old entrance hall of the Valencia train station 

DSCF5129.thumb.JPG.0bb299fba58fb8b6efed50df54142051.JPG

DSCF5127.thumb.JPG.95b08fbafec81edffc21409b06f5f459.JPG

DSCF5126.thumb.JPG.edc3f2da7c306265d8ad8e032af24fb5.JPG

The Arena in Valencia 

DSCF5133.thumb.JPG.6326aabb021fc1ba3e5d945fe8f43c6c.JPG

Entrance to the Ceramics Museum . Palacio del Marques de Dos Aguas .

DSCF5137.thumb.JPG.8f7321401bad2e41b91b278f302b150a.JPG

The ceramics museum 

DSCF5143.thumb.JPG.ab539ec18191f01cfb13c0c2da5deef5.JPG

DSCF5139.thumb.JPG.003d3c0e89167f5af7793285ab64752e.JPG

The Catedral .

spain-valencia-top-attractions-catedral-de-valencia.jpg.47a07501d24236c11716c2461860b89a.jpg

After sundown when the Spanish heat subsides in Valencia ( 38 C ) an nice outdoors dinner 

DSCF5149.thumb.JPG.37a88a4ffb993f313c81cf41d24b34c7.JPG

I am also still looking for the cruise pictures when we had another very nice day in Valencia and met up again with the family near the “ City of Arts and Sciences complex “ . Spain has always been one of our favourite destinations .

Hope you enjoyed seeing a few personal pictures from in and near Valencia .

Tony😀😀
  • Like 31

Good morning, and thanks to all for our Daily News!  @StLouisCruisers, so sorry to hear about all your worries, I'll be praying for your sister and brother that all goes well for both of them.  And also included are  all the others on the care list, especially Roy's upcoming procedure.

We visited Valencia a long time ago, 1993, on a driving trip in Spain.  My mother had been living with us for a year and a half, and the time finally came that she needed more care than we could provide, even with a helper, so she went into a nursing home, and Pat took me on a trip to Spain for two weeks.  We decided to do the "top right-hand quarter" and save the rest for another time.  I don't have too many memories of the trip, worrying about my mother settling in to the nursing home, but I can prove I was there with 2 pictures (cameras in those days, with film, so only special pictures were preserved)!

IMG_5713.thumb.JPG.b1d35ce31b87fbfb41f23cf3ec499652.JPG

IMG_5714.thumb.JPG.f6ce4cf87cb6eb02d9d485ab741d70cc.JPG

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 21

11 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, and thanks to all for our Daily News!  @StLouisCruisers, so sorry to hear about all your worries, I'll be praying for your sister and brother that all goes well for both of them.  And also included are  all the others on the care list, especially Roy's upcoming procedure.

We visited Valencia a long time ago, 1995, on a driving trip in Spain.  My mother had been living with us for a year and a half, and the time finally came that she needed more care than we could provide, even with a helper, so she went into a nursing home, and Pat took me on a trip to Spain for two weeks.  We decided to do the "top right-hand quarter" and save the rest for another time.  I don't have too many memories of the trip, worrying about my mother settling in to the nursing home, but I can prove I was there with 2 pictures (cameras in those days, with film, so only special pictures were preserved)!

IMG_5713.thumb.JPG.b1d35ce31b87fbfb41f23cf3ec499652.JPG

IMG_5714.thumb.JPG.f6ce4cf87cb6eb02d9d485ab741d70cc.JPG

Thanks @Vict0riann.   Your post has me thinking back to the days when we had to take all those rolls of film on vacation with us.  Changing the rolls right in the middle of something.  Things have really improved for us.

• Like 12

Happy Monday, Everyone!

Back from a successful getaway to the Palm Springs area -- La Quinta, to be precise.  With our two-year-old granddaughter in tow, DD and I realized we now have five generations of California ladies who have been heading to the desert for R&R.  We really do enjoy it there.  And felt safe with low-rise casita-style accommodations -- no elevators -- and very uncrowded pool areas.  People followed indoors mask rules nicely, but luckily most activity is outdoors and socially distanced, so masks were not needed too often.  DD and I are both fully vaccinated, so just had to be extra cautious for the little one.  Great Mother's Day trip!    🌴  🌵  🌴  🌵

Valencia!  So happy to see the photos of this beautiful city,   I wonder if anyone here was onboard the Noordam, exactly 10 years ago today, May 10, 2011, when we had a port stop in Valencia.   We had "a situation."  There was a life boat practice drill the day before, in Almeria, and a winch broke, sending the life boat into the sea.  Thank heaven's nobody was injured, but it did delay our arrival to Valencia, so we only got a brief afternoon glimpse of this lovely place.

Another treat today -- the photos of the beautiful Nieuw Statendam!  Our "baby steps" vacation really has me geared up to get out in the world again.  Hopefully soon on a blue-hulled beauty!

Have a fine and safe Monday, All.  I know these are particularly trying times for some, notably right now @StLouisCruisers , who is getting hit from all sides, so sending prayers for those needing them that "this too shall pass." and congratulations to those who are celebrating.  🌻

• Like 17

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our afternoon smile 🙂 

Love the Collection of days.  I’m big on supporting small business 365 days a year and love the trust your intuition day.

06F88B46-328A-419E-A12D-EE6C206C5CC7.jpeg.527ee6e02985faaf77b53647fbede543.jpeg

Doesn’t seem fair that clean up your room day is right after Mother’s Day.

31C41B3D-9C4C-4979-A7EB-B0916D07579C.jpeg.b7ae89a6302432fbf761683689efdbb7.jpeg

There is another solution besides cleaning up of course 😉 

12532D79-5D7B-4AD0-BD60-01A4B18CB9FA.jpeg.f7441b8d1b47f8e064a5c2d3ec225b09.jpeg

Love today’s quote.  Perfect!

@StLouisCruisersI’m so sorry to hear about the developments with your sister and now your brother 😢 My prayers are definitely with all of you 🙏🏻 

No instant pot here so that eliminates the meal suggestion.  Not sure what’s on the menu tonight.  Our guys are here working on the deck and between being out with them on and off, taking care of the dogs and going to pick up stain I haven’t had much of a chance to breathe today.

I have a feeling my room isn’t going to get cleaned up today 😉 

0549742E-DC8C-4B91-80EC-D3E6D46B88F7.thumb.jpeg.c02fb0c667f9dd5cbc513f466b68b073.jpeg

We’ve been to Valencia several times and enjoy it very much.  I’ll take a look to see if I have any digital pictures of it (not sure) but there have already been some great ones posted.

Prayers for everyone on Roy’s Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Monday everyone!!  Stay safe and please don’t forget your masks 😷 

• Like 22

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Gosh Sandi, what a sad situation with your family! We will continue to keep you in prayer. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sandi, naturally I can’t like your post.  Hope the doctors get your DS checked out, and get her back on track for a full and speedy recovery.

Sorry your DB now has a procedure coming up.  Hopefully, his cardiologist is on top of things and is heading off a potential problem with the cathertization and  possible stint.

Sending positive thoughts to you and your entire family.

Thank you for keeping us posted on everyone.

Lenda

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

DH just mentioned that DD didn’t adopt the puppies.  She and SO are fostering the girls.  She texted this morning the puppies did all right last night.

DD send a couple of pictures of Beyoncé and Kelly.  Kelly is the bigger of the two, and DD says she is aggressive over their toys, so she is keeping the two separated.

910372150.thumb.jpg.cda1b4b0b536882c5026f29472c55c3a.jpg

1561024363.thumb.jpg.68746d540719d9d0903584707b68e4e3.jpg

Lenda 

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 17

51 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

Happy Monday, Everyone!

Back from a successful getaway to the Palm Springs area -- La Quinta, to be precise.  With our two-year-old granddaughter in tow, DD and I realized we now have five generations of California ladies who have been heading to the desert for R&R.  We really do enjoy it there.  And felt safe with low-rise casita-style accommodations -- no elevators -- and very uncrowded pool areas.  People followed indoors mask rules nicely, but luckily most activity is outdoors and socially distanced, so masks were not needed too often.  DD and I are both fully vaccinated, so just had to be extra cautious for the little one.  Great Mother's Day trip!    🌴  🌵  🌴  🌵

Valencia!  So happy to see the photos of this beautiful city,   I wonder if anyone here was onboard the Noordam, exactly 10 years ago today, May 10, 2011, when we had a port stop in Valencia.   We had "a situation."  There was a life boat practice drill the day before, in Almeria, and a winch broke, sending the life boat into the sea.  Thank heaven's nobody was injured, but it did delay our arrival to Valencia, so we only got a brief afternoon glimpse of this lovely place.

Another treat today -- the photos of the beautiful Nieuw Statendam!  Our "baby steps" vacation really has me geared up to get out in the world again.  Hopefully soon on a blue-hulled beauty!

Have a fine and safe Monday, All.  I know these are particularly trying times for some, notably right now @StLouisCruisers , who is getting hit from all sides, so sending prayers for those needing them that "this too shall pass." and congratulations to those who are celebrating.  🌻

Love Palm Springs!  La quinta in particular, maybe by fall?  

• Like 7

A few days ago Mrs. XBGuy reported that while she was at her outside mosaics workstation she noticed a little bird go into one of the nearby pots.  This is the pot without the bird.

IMG_7045.jpg.9f5843bcf3d8a5dc1e3f51ea0a79fbc4.jpg

Well, I knew that bird would not get privacy very much longer.  Sure enough, using the flashlight and camer on her mobile phone she found baby birds.

image0.gif.c0c6929a244a1a2840adcb8514bfdc21.gif

• Like 24

Good afternoon all . Cool and sunny day here, definitely doesn’t feel like May.

Just read on KTUU (Anchorage tv app) that NCL just donated 10 million dollars to 6 Alaska ports for whatever they want to use it for.  
      It should be a nice sail away this evening for our BHB.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 15

Just got my first "Private Sale" brochure from HAL in over a year.  They are advertising Alaska cruises starting April 27, 2022.  There will be 6 ships; Zuiderdam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Noordam, Eurodam, Oosterdam, and Koningsdam sailing from both Vancouver and Seattle.  Kind of brings us back to normal.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, USN59-79 said:

Just got my first "Private Sale" brochure from HAL in over a year.  They are advertising Alaska cruises starting April 27, 2022.  There will be 6 ships; Zuiderdam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Noordam, Eurodam, Oosterdam, and Koningsdam sailing from both Vancouver and Seattle.  Kind of brings us back to normal.

🤞

• Like 5