The Daily for Monday May 10, 2021

richwmn

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I try to clean up our room, but somebody else's cat messes it up!  The perils of having a long haired feline . . .   DH has learned to trust my intuition, smart guy!  We try to patronize small businesses whenever we can, especially this past year - they really struggle.

I hope everyone had a lovely Mother's Day yesterday - mine was wonderful.  In addition to lovely gifts and surprises, DH and I went out and bought more plants.  The interesting thing was that DH was the one who instigated all the purchases; "These look nice, let's get a couple of them." "These look like they would go nicely with the first ones, let's get a couple of them."  After a short time, we had 11 baskets and 4 individual pots.  That's in addition to all the pots and baskets we had from a few days earlier!  LOL  

203356567_Plantsyoullkill.jpg.959c6e2146766ae38abf412c04b378ec.jpg

I haven't had the drink of the day, but when I retired in 2014, DH's kids gave me a bottle of Dom Perignon to celebrate - it was nice!  

I agree with @dfish that today's menu suggestion looks a lot like Hamburger Helper, but with fresh ingredients.  Today though, we'll be having leftovers from our delicious Italian dinner from last night.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for Roy.  Toasting tonight to all on the happy list.  Stay safe, be well, wash your hands, wear your mask(s), and get your jabs!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 20

Good Morning Everyone from a warm and sunny day at the beach.

A big salute to small businesses. They certainly have had extra challenges this year. 

Not a fan of mac and cheese so will pass on he meal selection.

Another port I have not been to, I am getting depressed ! Hope to work on that soon!

No additional ships here, just Disney. There is a big Vaccine event at the port where they are giving prizes to get a vaccine! You would think the Vaccine should be the prize.

Off to water aerobics.

Stay safe and enjoy today.

• Like 14

Good  morning  everyone. A  big  salute  to  the  days -I  usually  trust  my  intuition,promise  to  clean  my  room  and  once  had  a  small business  of  my  own.  Although  I  was  never  able  to  "quit  my  day job", I  saw  patients  at  home  privately  for  years. It  was  very  rewarding  to  be  my  own  boss.

I  like  the  quote  and  will  pass  on  the  recipe  today. Roy's  choice  is  more  to  my  liking. We  have  not  been  to  this  port   and  hope  to  see  pictures later.

My  best  to  the  folks  recovering  from  surgery  and  for   those  undergoing  procedures  soon. It  was  nice  to  see  that  a  lot  of  people  were  able  to  see  other  family  members  recently. Also  so  nice  to  see  a  BHB  in Port  Everglades! Yes!                 Terry

• Like 16

Good morning everyone!  

Thanks for the photos of the Nieuw Statendam heading into Port Everglades.  With all the ships there today it sort of looks like the good old days, doesn't it?

Love, love, love the photos of the twin fawns @cat shepard!  A few nights ago we had a deer standing out back at the bottom of the slope nibbling on grass and hiding from the golf cart path in the brush.  He stayed for quite a while.  We hadn't noticed any deer lately, and we certainly haven't seen any fawns out here for years.  I think the trees are getting too thick and hiding them from our view.

Since today is Clean Up Your Room Day I will attempt some room cleanup around here today.  Dusting would count wouldn't it?  Trusting your intuition and small business appreciation are worthy causes, as well.

The meal of day really does look like hamburger helper.  I think I'll pass.

My ears pick up when I hear champagne but boy, those prices!  It must be very, very good.🥂

We were in Valencia, Spain on our 2018 Prinsendam Grand Voyage (Africa and Mediterranean).  It was a cloudy Sunday morning and we got into town by shuttle bus quite early.  No crowds but very little open either.  By the time we had walked all around the old town part it was beginning to wake up a little.

The entrance we were dropped off at.enhance

enhance

One of the few things open was this market.enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

The door to this "museum" was standing open, free admission so we stepped inside to see what it was all about.  Basically, this was all we saw.  A foyer...enhance

And this beautiful room.  Check out that ceiling!   Now that's ornate...enhance

To continue on...enhance

enhance

Arriving at the Valencia Cathedral we stepped inside for a look.enhance

enhance

Those ceilings!enhance

We walked around the old town some more and found a different gate out.  Then had to find the shuttle bus stop which we finally did.  An interesting stroll around Valencia.

• Like 29

Good morning everyone.Everyday feels like clean up your room day to me. It’s amazing how fast clutter accumulates. I always try to rely on my intuition and we do patronize as many small businesses as we can.

Mother’s Day was wonderful. I got to see two of my grandsons and two of my children who I haven’t seen in months. We started out in the afternoon outside, even though it was cold, but we moved indoors when it started to rain as was predicted. I ate in a separate room so I could unmask safely. I’ve been double masking, first with a real N95 that DH got from the dental 

society and then with one of the blue ones over it and will continue to do that inside until I can get vaccinated.

My oldest grandson starts a new job today in LA and is nervous about it, so fingers crossed that it goes well. One of the perks is free lunch. 

Stay safe everyone.

Carol

• Like 16

1 hour ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Here's what you reported on December 25, 2020:

Blessmosass

2 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 (32-oz) container cranberry juice
½ gal. apple cider
1 bottle prosecco
1 apple, ½ diced and ½ sliced into half moons, for garnish
1 package whole cranberries

Combine sugar and cinnamon on a shallow plate. Dip the rim of each glass in water, then dip into the cinnamon-brown sugar mixture, coating the edge of each glass.
Fill each Champagne flute ¼ of the way up with cranberry juice. Fill halfway up with apple cider. Top with Prosecco and a few cranberries and diced apple pieces.
Garnish with an apple slice.

That would really shoot the sugar count for a diabetic!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning everyone!  

Thanks for the photos of the Nieuw Statendam heading into Port Everglades.  With all the ships there today it sort of looks like the good old days, doesn't it?

Love, love, love the photos of the twin fawns @cat shepard!  A few nights ago we had a deer standing out back at the bottom of the slope nibbling on grass and hiding from the golf cart path in the brush.  He stayed for quite a while.  We hadn't noticed any deer lately, and we certainly haven't seen any fawns out here for years.  I think the trees are getting too thick and hiding them from our view.

Since today is Clean Up Your Room Day I will attempt some room cleanup around here today.  Dusting would count wouldn't it?  Trusting your intuition and small business appreciation are worthy causes, as well.

The meal of day really does look like hamburger helper.  I think I'll pass.

My ears pick up when I hear champagne but boy, those prices!  It must be very, very good.🥂

We were in Valencia, Spain on our 2018 Prinsendam Grand Voyage (Africa and Mediterranean).  It was a cloudy Sunday morning and we got into town by shuttle bus quite early.  No crowds but very little open either.  By the time we had walked all around the old town part it was beginning to wake up a little.

The entrance we were dropped off at.enhance

enhance

One of the few things open was this market.enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

The door to this "museum" was standing open, free admission so we stepped inside to see what it was all about.  Basically, this was all we saw.  A foyer...enhance

And this beautiful room.  Check out that ceiling!   Now that's ornate...enhance

To continue on...enhance

enhance

Arriving at the Valencia Cathedral we stepped inside for a look.enhance

enhance

Those ceilings!enhance

We walked around the old town some more and found a different gate out.  Then had to find the shuttle bus stop which we finally did.  An interesting stroll around Valencia.

These are beautiful pictures.  Thanks for sharing them.

• Like 3

Prayers out to Roy and all going through surgery and recovery. Thank you Rich and to all who contribute. Good morning sweet sisters! 

My rooms are always clean unless our neighbor puppy comes to visit.  He's quite a character. Allen and I will be babysitting them Friday night.

Ann funny you mentioned the twins this morning.  I found out why our bird feeder is spilled out when I check it. Our neighbor put his deer cam up and sure enough, the deer were trying to eat from our platform feeder. I'll be moving it today..

I would love to drink today's champagne but I can buy lots more bottles of wine for the price of one.. No on today's recipe, thank you.

It's a foggy morning with a high today of 70. Showers in our forecast over next few days.

Have a great week. Prayers and Cheers. 

• Like 15

Today the workers come to install my new heat source. I will let you know how it goes. It will be nice to have a heater that will keep up with the cold temps we have in the winter. 
Thanks Rich and all who share on here. Roy special prayers as your surgery gets closer. 

• Like 15

Thanks for the daily, the updates, the well wishes, the recipes.  Sorry I haven't been around much, we have been busy trying to sell as much as we can to stay on course for my December 2022 retirement. The only breaks are those to plan the cruises😁

Prayers and comfort for those in need, kudos to those who help us get by.

Spain has a rich mineral heritage.  Famously the Valencia region is known for the brick red "Hyacinth" quartz and though Aragonite is name for Aragon, Spain  these orange wonders are also found near Valencia.  PS, if looking for an authentic souvenir the grandkids will adore the aragonite, very inexpensive too.

iu.jpeg

Aragonite Crystal Cluster.jpg

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 20

👍Thank You, Rich, for the Daily and to Roy for the Care List. ✍Special prayers for Roy and his upcoming procedure.🙏

We were cruising with Princess mostly at the beginning of our adventures and Valencia was a port stop for the day. I sure would like to go back after seeing the Old Town photos! Thank you to all who contribute.

🙏Prayers to all in need.🙏

Katie 

• Like 15

Good morning. Thanks for the Daily.

Good days. I need to clean up my room/house.

I like the quote.

The meal sounds good but too carb intensive for me these days (I think Roy's would suit me better). I like the wine. Hadn't heard of the drink.

I've been to Spain on a land trip, but not to today's port. Thanks for the pictures.

It's another chilly day, but at least it's not raining. High of 56°F. Not into the 60's until late in the week. Sigh.

@StLouisCruisers Hoping your sister is progressing.

Prayers to the care list and cheers to the celebration list.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 14

Good morning everyone and Happy Monday!!  Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your lists Roy. 

I’ll work on cleaning up the kitchen and family room today. Small businesses are very important and they should be supported as much as possible. 

The meal suggestion sounds good and I will possibly make that soon, I should use my Instant Pot more. I love macaroni and cheese. 

Valencia is another port I would like to see, thank you everyone for your pictures. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 13

Mother's Day was a success. The "kids" brought two different Korean Lilacs for Mitzi. I had also gotten one for her and, luckily, it was different from the the other two. Today we will pick spots to plant them.

The Quiche turned out pretty good. It was my first try making one from scratch (well, I did use a frozen deep dish pie crust) - I think I will try adding it to our meal "rotation". 

We also tried the Bramble cocktail that was Saturday's drink of the day. It was a hit with everyone! I think the Crème de Mure will be a versatile addition to the bar....

I saw a pair of Orioles at the suet station in the morning yesterday and tried to get a picture with my cell phone - 

20210509_124014.thumb.jpg.3776ea592cb27d692d7ce85d03f456c5.jpg

There was also a Grey Catbird pecking at seeds at the base of the feeder, it is the first time I recall seeing one around here. There is also a Goldfinch at the feeder. It has been quite interesting to watch them change from their dullish winter colors to their bright yellow summer plumage over the last month or so. 

• Like 19

Yesterday was a little windier than Saturday and earlier in the week, so the Blue Angels weren't turning as close to us. Naturally I did not have my camera then, but this photo shows them turning by Point of Americas II, the building closest to the channel and the ocean. (Not to be confused with Sky Harbor which is where the webcam is.)

PXL_20210509_183224051.jpg6019578717677426575_PerfectlyClear.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  We have another grey, windy day with our high predicted to only reach 64F.  The rain is supposed to start tonight and into tomorrow.

Since I really don't like house work, I try to keep the rooms neat and then clean when they really need it.  I will be working in the attic later to clean the a/c filters, and weeding out some junk I've kept too long.  If I can't remember why I kept it or what it was about, it will go.  

I try to follow my intuition whether it is right or wrong.  Small businesses need all the support they can get.

We will pass on the meal and the drink.  However, Dom Perignon is another story.  It is by far our favorite champagne, and we will get it for special occasions IF we cam find it at a decent price.  

We have been to Valencia, but not on a ship.  We drove through there on our land trip before our 2001 cruise, planning to stop and walk around the old town.  A lack parking near an entrance and pouring rain changed our plans.   @StLouisCruisers and @Mtn2Sea Thank you for posting your pictures.  

@StLouisCruisers  I hope the concerning news you heard last night about your DS is not too serious.  Our throughs are with you for a continued, uneventful recovery.

@cat shepard  Loved the pictures of the twins.  It's been years since we've seen deer around our little community.  I think they've moved to safer pastures as the area surrounding us is being built up and the road behind us definitely has more traffic.

@sassy~one Welcome to the Daily.

@Sharon in AZ Hope your ear is better soon.

We have two new additions to the family.  Our youngest DD and her SO have adopted two eight week old puppies who appear to be a lab, shepherd mix.  They are girls named Beyoncé and Kelly. and she was quick to add that she did not name them.  That last was because she went to the same high school as Beyoncé, but graduated the semester before Beyoncé started.  DD said that Beyoncé was the runt, and Kelly hogged their bed in the crate.  The pictures she sent are cute, and I'll try to post one when I can get them off DH's phone.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 16