Restart schedule

4 hours ago, Pcardad said:

I seriously doubt Mariner is going anywhere in October...and no word on insurance, required or otherwise.

As someone who is booked on the Mariner in October, is this your gut or have you seen or heard something concrete?

Well--now our chances at Barcelona have shrunk to about 15% with slim to none odds increasing.  Slim is hanging in there; None appears to have left town.  Final payment still shows July 3rd.  If this turns out to be another no-go, that will make four canceled Regent cruises. 

GOARMY!

One thing I find curious that no one is commenting on is Mariner’s ATW cruise departing in January. Australia and NZ are totally shut down until summer of ‘22. How is Regent going to replace several weeks of A &NZ ports and keep this itinerary going and passengers happy? In my mind, this is the elephant in the room Regent has to contend with in deciding if & where Mariner restarts.

Dwtlion:  

And--to add potential insult to injury:  we are also booked on the last segment of that early 2022 Transpacific Mariner cruise which begins and ends in San Francisco.  Ours is at Tokyo in mid-April.  Pre-stay; then 20-day cruise to San Francisco. 

So-many dominoes involved.   The first one falls--then, a chain reaction.  

All we can do is continue watchful waiting, and hoping.  

GOARMY!

Dwtlion, As to the Mariner ATW cruise I agree, crickets. We are booked for the whole thing having moved from 2021 to 2022.  Australia and New Zealand are a huge factor for us. We do get mixed signals. On the negative side the vaccination rate is poor and they really just started vaccinating. On the positive side we have seen how fast a country can vaccinate if organized. People who say they will never vaccinate often change their mind when peers get it. Australias phase 1a includes quarantine and border workers including “staff at entry port to the country such as sea ports..” The cruise has also added a second Ayers Rock and a second Cambodia overland. As we have seen in the US you see how laws change with the vaccination rate goes up and hospitalization rate goes down. 

The problem with the itinerary is the whole scope of the cruise. Who knows what the world will look like in 11 months. Regent is in the tough decision of deciding on final payment in 7 weeks. I suspect that might be moved.  

• Like 1

From my AMEX  travel agent regarding the mariner oct 4th: "Regarding the cruise, as per Regent, they are still planning on cruising in October.   I'm still skeptical given they haven't made an announcement on their phase in program. 

On 5/23/2021 at 6:48 PM, travelwell said:

Dwtlion, As to the Mariner ATW cruise I agree, crickets. We are booked for the whole thing having moved from 2021 to 2022.  Australia and New Zealand are a huge factor for us. We do get mixed signals. On the negative side the vaccination rate is poor and they really just started vaccinating. On the positive side we have seen how fast a country can vaccinate if organized. People who say they will never vaccinate often change their mind when peers get it. Australias phase 1a includes quarantine and border workers including “staff at entry port to the country such as sea ports..” The cruise has also added a second Ayers Rock and a second Cambodia overland. As we have seen in the US you see how laws change with the vaccination rate goes up and hospitalization rate goes down. 

The problem with the itinerary is the whole scope of the cruise. Who knows what the world will look like in 11 months. Regent is in the tough decision of deciding on final payment in 7 weeks. I suspect that might be moved.  

Lisa, I feel for you!  And yes, Australia could change very fast.  As Canada is. Another small/large country with no vaccine production.  We 'bet the farm' on immense vaccine orders, which have been coming in en masse now for several months.  Toronto now has 65% of adults with their first dose done.  When we get to 70% things will open up, and maybe even the border.  Hoping for your sake that Australia and New Zealand come along down that road too.  And yes, I hope your final payment gets moved!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Lisa, I feel for you!  And yes, Australia could change very fast.  As Canada is. Another small/large country with no vaccine production.  We 'bet the farm' on immense vaccine orders, which have been coming in en masse now for several months.  Toronto now has 65% of adults with their first dose done.  When we get to 70% things will open up, and maybe even the border.  Hoping for your sake that Australia and New Zealand come along down that road too.  And yes, I hope your final payment gets moved!

Wendy, I think you are on to something. I just looked at the vaccination numbers for Australia.  Although they were very late to start vaccinating, within a few days in May, they administered more than three million vaccine doses.  It is seven months until the start of the 2022 World Cruise.  This gives countries like Australia, New Zealand, etc. plenty of time to arrive at a point in the vaccination process that fully vaccinated cruisers could visit the country.  I am in the hopeful that the WC will happen camp.

• Like 2

Australia will not be opening their international borders before sometime in 2022 and they will start with bubbles as they are doing with NZ. 

They are waiting on sufficient supplies of Pfizer for their under 50s... this has been slow in delivery.  They are making their own Astra Zeneca which is being rolled out to over 50s with a 3 month gap between first and second jab. 

The borders will not open until every Australian who wants a jab has completed their second vaccination. The government predicts this will be by the end of this year. 

I would predict 99.9% that no international cruise ships will be coming to Australia this year. 

RCL appears to be moving quickly with its plans to recommence cruises (both with & without a requirement for full vaccination):

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/6146/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t5ZXnBxvfQ

Let's hope Regent is able to communicate some positive news soon 🤞, and that it sticks to its policy of only vaccinated guests.

Edited by flossie009

Finally an update from NCLH (and Regent):

I am "assuming" that Explorer will take over Mariner's Med schedule in October (although that is not stated).

Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. Announces Additional Voyages to Phased Resumption Plan Across Its Three Brands

Norwegian Cruise Line Announces Plan for Eight Additional Ships to Set Sail Beginning Fall 2021

Three Additional Oceania Cruises’ Ships to Sail Previously Published Voyages in the Mediterranean, Caribbean and the 2022 World Cruise 

Regent Seven Seas Cruises® Announces Phased Relaunch Plans for Full Fleet Including Newly Created Itineraries in the Mediterranean and the Caribbean

All Initial Voyages to Operate with Multi-Layered SailSAFE™ Health and Safety Program Including Mandatory Vaccinations for All Guests and Crew

MIAMI, May 26, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (the “Company”) (NYSE: NCLH), a leading global cruise company which operates the Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises brands, today announced the next phase of its planned resumption of cruising across its three cruise lines. Norwegian Cruise Line announced plans for eight additional ships to relaunch beginning Fall 2021. Oceania Cruises will resume cruise operations with three additional ships, Riviera, Insignia, and Sirena, between October 2021 and January 2022. Regent Seven Seas Cruises will see all five ships back exploring the oceans by February 2022. Voyages expected to operate in the U.S. are contingent on obtaining a Conditional Sailing Certificate from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”). All initial voyages will operate with fully vaccinated guests and crew in addition to the Company’s robust, multi-layered SailSAFE™ health and safety program.

“Our Great Cruise Comeback continues to build momentum with today’s announcement of the return of fifteen additional ships across our three brands,” said Frank Del Rio, president and chief executive officer of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. “We continue to see incredible pent-up demand for future cruise vacations and as regions across the globe continue to reopen for travel and tourism, we are excited to get back to what we do best and deliver exceptional vacation experiences for our guests to once again explore the world.”

Norwegian Cruise Line

Norwegian Cruise Line has announced further details on its phased voyage resumption plan for additional ships beginning Fall 2021. Earlier this week the line announced its plan for a return to cruising in the U.S. with sailings in Alaska starting August 7, 2021 contingent on CDC authorization. Newly announced expected redeployment plans include the following:

• Norwegian Joy will cruise from Miami beginning October 19, 2021 with five to 11-day Caribbean voyages.
  • Norwegian Breakaway will cruise seven-day itineraries to Bermuda from New York beginning October 24, 2021.
  • Pride of America will offer seven-day Hawaii interisland voyages from Honolulu beginning November 6, 2021.
  • Norwegian Bliss will cruise from Los Angeles for seven-day Mexican Riviera voyages beginning November 7, 2021.
  • Norwegian Encore will offer seven-night itineraries from Miami to the Caribbean beginning November 14, 2021.
  • Norwegian Escape will cruise seven-day itineraries to the Caribbean from Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida beginning November 20, 2021.
  • Norwegian Pearl will sail from Miami offering Panama Canal, Bahamas and Caribbean cruises beginning December 23, 2021.
  • Norwegian Jewel will offer Panama Canal cruises from Panama City and New York beginning January 20, 2022.
  • Norwegian Sun will sail a five-day Japan itinerary from Hong Kong beginning January 28, 2022, before sailing a variety of 11-day cruises from Hong Kong, Singapore and Bangkok.
  • Norwegian Spirit will cruise 12-day Australia and New Zealand voyages from Sydney, and Auckland, New Zealand beginning February 9, 2022.

Due to the previously disclosed lead time needed to relaunch a vessel and in order to maximize the short Alaska cruise season, the cruise line has made the decision to transfer crew from Norwegian Joy to Alaska and has canceled itineraries aboard Norwegian Joy from Montego Bay, Jamaica from August 7 through October 9, 2021. In addition, certain sailings outside of these newly announced voyages have been canceled. Impacted guests on voyages that will not operate will be notified accordingly.

Oceania Cruises

Oceania Cruises has now announced return to cruising plans for four of its six vessels. Guests on Oceania Cruises will experience a number of OceaniaNEXT enhancements from the first sailing on board Marina when the line resumes operations in August with elevated dining experiences and service levels for guests. OceaniaNEXT enhancements will also debut aboard Regatta, Insignia, Nautica, Riviera, and Sirena as each vessel returns to sailing. 

• Riviera will resume its previously published voyage schedules from Istanbul beginning on October 18, 2021 and sail a series of Mediterranean voyages prior to beginning a winter 2021-2022 series of Caribbean voyages from Miami.
  • Insignia will resume sailing with the December 21, 2021 Panama Canal voyage from Miami prior to embarking on a sold-out 180-day Around The World cruise from Los Angeles to New York. 
  • Sirena will commence sailings starting with the January 22, 2022 Caribbean voyage from Miami to Panama City, Panama.

In conjunction with today’s announcement, the cruise line has canceled all sailings up to each ships’ respective restart date. Guests with impacted bookings will be contacted directly or via their Travel Advisor.

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

With Seven Seas Splendor® already announced to return in September, Regent Seven Seas Cruises announced its resumption of sailing plan for the rest of The World’s Most Luxurious Fleet™, which will see all five ships back exploring the oceans by February 2022. The cruise line intends to preserve already published itineraries as much as possible but has also announced newly created sailings in Europe and the Caribbean for Seven Seas Explorer® and Seven Seas Voyager®. In conjunction with today’s announcement, and while considering the global health environment, the cruise line has canceled all sailings up to each ship’s respective restart date. Guests with impacted bookings will be contacted directly or via their Travel Advisor.

• Seven Seas Explorer will welcome back guests on October 16, 2021 sailing from Venice, Italy. She will complete two published Mediterranean voyages before crossing the Atlantic to Miami, Florida and, from November 15, 2021, sail a further two published sailings in the Caribbean. The ship then begins a newly created winter Caribbean season featuring eight new sailings, starting December 20, 2021 with a 14-night Southern Caribbeancruise. After a trans-Atlantic crossing, she will arrive back in Europe on April 10, 2022, sailing three more newly created Mediterranean itineraries before embarking on her published 2022 European summer season on May 14.
  • Seven Seas Mariner® will return to sailing on a published December 18, 2021 itinerary, cruising from Miami, Florida to San Francisco, California where she will begin an epic World Cruise on January 5, 2022.
  • Seven Seas Navigator’s® resumption will begin January 6, 2022 from Miami, Florida with her published 2022 Southern Caribbean winter sailings, which include multiple round-trip Barbados voyages.
  • Seven Seas Voyager returns with five new Mediterranean voyages, the first from Barcelona, Spain on February 15, 2022, before commencing her published 2022 European summer season itineraries exploring the Mediterranean and Northern Europe from April 15, 2022.

The Company continues to expect a phased-in approach to reintroducing additional vessels while taking into account the public health environment, global travel restrictions, regulatory restrictions and port availability, among other considerations. All voyages will operate with the Company’s comprehensive SailSAFE™ health and safety protocols which were developed with leading public health and scientific experts including the Healthy Sail Panel and the SailSAFE Global Health and Wellness Council. The Company’s SailSAFE protocols will be continuously evaluated and modified with the latest science and technology.

About Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd.

Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (NYSE: NCLH) is a leading global cruise company which operates the Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises brands. With a combined fleet of 28 ships with approximately 60,000 berths, these brands offer itineraries to more than 490 destinations worldwide. The Company has nine additional ships scheduled for delivery through 2027, comprising approximately 24,000 berths.

About SailSAFE 

Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. established its SailSAFE health and safety program in response to the unique challenges of the COVID-19 global pandemic to protect guests, crew and communities visited. SailSAFE is a robust and comprehensive health and safety strategy with new and enhanced protocols to create multiple layers of protection against COVID-19. This science-backed plan for a safe and healthy return to cruising was developed in conjunction with a diverse group of globally recognized experts and will be continuously improved and refined using the best available science and technology. For more information on the SailSAFE health and safety program please visit http://www.nclhltd.com/Health-and-Safety.

About the SailSAFE Global Health and Wellness Council

The SailSAFE Global Health and Wellness Council (“Council”) was established by Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. to provide expert advice on the implementation, compliance with and continuous improvement of the Company’s SailSAFE health and safety program. The Council will complement the work of the Healthy Sail Panel and continuously evaluate and identify ways to improve health and safety standards after cruise voyages resume, utilizing the best technologies and information available. The Council is cross-functional, diverse and extensively experienced, comprised of six experts at the forefront of their fields and led by Chairman of the Council, Dr. Scott Gottlieb, former commissioner of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

About the Healthy Sail Panel 

Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. in collaboration with Royal Caribbean Group established the Healthy Sail Panel (“HSP”), a group of 11 leading experts to help inform the cruise industry in the development of new and enhanced cruise health and safety standards in response to the global COVID-19 pandemic. The HSP, co-chaired by Dr. Scott Gottlieb, former commissioner of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and Governor Mike Leavitt, former Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, consists of globally recognized experts from various disciplines, including public health, infectious disease, biosecurity, hospitality and maritime operations. The panel’s work, including detailed recommendations across five key areas of focus, is informing the Company’s health and safety protocols and has been widely shared with the cruise industry and open to any other industry that could benefit from the HSP’s scientific and medical insights.

Edited by mrlevin
  • Like 2

We are disappointed. We had a Back  to Back leaving Miami 3/22/22 on Voyager for 24 days. Looks like that will not proceed as scheduled. We will just have to wait to see what is offered as a substitute. Our first Regent cruise was to have been last May and it too was cancelled. We are hopeful that their offer will be an option we might consider. 

I don’t seem to be able to log into my Regent account to check the status of my 15 January 2022 Buenos Aires to Santiago cruise. It would have been my first Regent cruise, and my first solo cruise. SIGH!

I guess Santiago to Buenos Aires is out, January 2022.   It is still listed in my RSSC account.   I anticipated this because our South American ports of call are all in the global red zone for covid.  Sigh.  

This afternoon we have had 3 out of 4 cruises cancelled by Regent.   The first was on Explorer to Japan in October, the second was on Explorer in December to Australia and New Zealand , the third is Explorer in April Singapore to Dubai. I am not  surprised about the first two being cancelled at this point but I did not expect the April cruise to be cancelled yet. Very disappointed .😪

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pudgesmom said:

We have been informed by Regent that our Oct 31 Mariner crossing has been switched to the Explorer.

Pudgesmom - Will you consider this to be "a good thing"?  At least you'll be on a cruise and you have some clarity.  Do you like the idea of going from the Mariner to the Explorer?  I consider "any" cruise on any Regent ship to be "a good cruise"!  😜  Regards.

I just got a notice that my 22 Dec 21-5 Jan 22 Voyager cruise Cape Town to Rio is cancelled.  In the notice sent to our TA Regent stated that they will have an updated sailing notice for the fleet latter today. 

One interesting thing for those of you following the Jones Act waiver Regent only asked for a waiver for one ship - Mariner - very interesting move.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR UPCOMING CRUISE

DATE OF ISSUANCE: MAY 26, 2021

Dear Valued Guest and Travel Advisor*,

Regent Seven Seas Cruises continues to closely monitor the COVID-19 coronavirus situation and the global health environment. With COVID-19 continuing to impact communities and ports around the globe, we have made the difficult decision to cancel your upcoming cruise. 

For All Reservations:

For all active reservations, Regent will provide a 100% Refund on the amounts paid** as of May 26, 2021. Refunds will be processed automatically within 60 days — no action is required by guests or travel advisors to request refunds.

FREE 2-Category Suite Upgrade Offer

If you would prefer to rebook a voyage in Summer 2022, with our Europe Upgrade Offer guests will receive a FREE 2-Category Suite Upgrade and Reduced Deposits on select 2022 Mediterranean and Northern Europe voyages when booked by June 30, 2021. More details, including applicable voyages and suite categories, can be found by clicking here. 

Return to Sailing Update

We are pleased to share the very exciting news of our return to sailing, beginning with Seven Seas Splendor® in September 2021 and concluding with Seven Seas Voyager®’s return in February 2022. More information on our return to sail plan, including details by ship, will be made available on RSSC.com later today.

We are expertly guided by our SailSAFE™ Global Health and Wellness Council which will ensure the implementation of our enhanced SailSAFE Health and Safety protocols, such as fully vaccinated guests and crew, and controlled guest occupancies. These and other requirements will be in place until a time when we can confidently adjust our protocols and we will constantly monitor the global health environment to ensure the well-being of our guests, crew and the communities we visit.

If you have questions regarding your canceled cruise, please contact us using the phone numbers below.

Thank you for your patience and loyalty as we manage through this evolving situation. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and we look forward to welcoming you on board in the future.

Best wishes,

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

Regent Seven Seas Cruises Reservations Phone Numbers:
• United States / Canada: 1.844.4REGENT (1.844.473.4368) or (954) 776-6123
• United Kingdom: 02380 682280
• Rest of Europe: +44 (2380) 682140
• Australia / New Zealand / Asia Pacific: 1.300.455.200
• Latin America / Brazil: 0800 400-3132 or +1 (954) 940-7486

*Travel Advisor: Kindly share this important information with your clients.

** If any portion of the booking has previously applied Future Cruise Credits, those Future Cruise Credits will be reinstated to the guest’s account and are non-refundable; Future Cruise Credits may be applied toward a 2021 or 2022 voyage.

Europe Upgrade Offer availability is limited and restrictions apply — applicable voyages are subject to removal at any time without notice. Offer may be withdrawn at any time. For a list of applicable voyages, please visit RSSC.com.

Please note that this email address does not accept replies. 

This email was sent by: Regent Seven Seas Cruises
7665 Corporate Center Drive ~ Miami, FL, 33126, USA

26 minutes ago, pingpong1 said:

Pudgesmom - Will you consider this to be "a good thing"?  At least you'll be on a cruise and you have some clarity.  Do you like the idea of going from the Mariner to the Explorer?  I consider "any" cruise on any Regent ship to be "a good cruise"!  😜  Regards.

We want to cruise; we will wait to see what is offered. It’s impossible to figure out from the website the category of cabin we booked. The site shows different floor plans and photos for the Seven Seas suite. They do not match. (Cabin review thread here also does not have any reviews) We also do not want an unprotected balcony at the front of the ship for a transatlantic. 

10 minutes ago, Pudgesmom said:

We want to cruise; we will wait to see what is offered. It’s impossible to figure out from the website the category of cabin we booked. The site shows different floor plans and photos for the Seven Seas suite. They do not match. (Cabin review thread here also does not have any reviews) We also do not want an unprotected balcony at the front of the ship for a transatlantic. 

Thanks for the quick reply.  I completely understand your "wait and see" position.  "The devil's in the details".  Particularly when taking into account Regent's fare structure.  😲  On our (fortunately not cancelled) Mariner Dec 18 Panama Canal cruise, we're booked in a Seven Seas (Aft) Suite.  We made that booking nearly 2 years ago.  IMHO, there is NO near/exact equivalent to that particular suite on any of the other 4 ships.  We wanted that specific suite, on that specific ship, for that specific itinerary.  I'd be in the same  "wait-and-see" quandary as you, if that our Mariner cruise had been cancelled, as well.  Regards

• Like 1

Reference my earlier Posts 28 and 30:

Good-by Mariner; hello Explorer at Barcelona on October 31st.  Looks as if Mariner is also a "go" for us at Tokyo next April.  

Waiting for the dust to settle--and hope the European vaccination situation does not result in further juggling of itineraries.  

GOARMY!

Explorer 15 Nov 24 night round trip Miami looks fantastic; it is a circle Caribbean cruise; same that we did on Mariner as our first Radisson cruise in 2002.  As a new itinerary booking is wide open.