Stateroom 7018 on Insignia

palakika

We are booked in room 7018 on Insignia for the ATW 2022.  It has come to my attention that the balcony on 7020, next door, has a solid piece across the balcony with railing on top.  Apparently you can't just sit and watch the ocean go by.  This arrangement isn't good for us as we spend lots of time on our balcony.  We usually travel in the A category and have never run in to this before.  Any info would be appreciated!!  Thanks.

Francie

25 minutes ago, palakika said:

We are booked in room 7018 on Insignia for the ATW 2022.  It has come to my attention that the balcony on 7020, next door, has a solid piece across the balcony with railing on top.  Apparently you can't just sit and watch the ocean go by.  This arrangement isn't good for us as we spend lots of time on our balcony.  We usually travel in the A category and have never run in to this before.  Any info would be appreciated!!  Thanks.

Francie

it’s not so much A vs B as it is fore vs aft.

Here’s an image of Insignia where you’ll notice the aft balcony cabins tend to have more open space at the rail.

37CEFD87-9788-4841-ADBD-F6666E24275C.jpeg

49 minutes ago, palakika said:

Francie

Where  are you seeing this??

That cabin is  an "A"   or have you confused it with another cabin cat

Most of the cabins have the railing as pictured  above  with dividers between the balconies

3 minutes ago, palakika said:

LHT28.. a verbal description.  That's why I was pleased to get the photo from JK300.

Interesting

Maybe that person has not been on the ship 😉

5 minutes ago, palakika said:

The person was on the ship.  Just had a different visual than mine.

When you sit down in the balcony, you still can see the water. 😁

3 hours ago, palakika said:

LHT28.. a verbal description.  That's why I was pleased to get the photo from JK300.

Maybe they had it confused with the aft Concierge cabins, which I believe do have solid metal up to the open area. 

2 hours ago, ORV said:

Maybe they had it confused with the aft Concierge cabins, which I believe do have solid metal up to the open area. 

I had to look up the cabin number as I thought maybe  it was  fore or aft  one 😉

3 hours ago, palakika said:

JK300..did you get much ship motion in rough weather?

Not JK300

You will get some motion  it just depends on how your body handles it  we were in 7115  &  you could feel the ship pitch n roll  but   just hang on to the railings 

Do not try to shower  in high seas  😉

I was wondering the same thing too when looking at the difference between some of the balcony cabins. 

This was the answer/photo I got.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/1682474-azamara-journey-balcony-metal-plate/?do=findComment&comment=35159068

This was for Azamara but the cabins on the R ships are the same.

Rosalyn

Edited by cruiseaholic78

21 hours ago, palakika said:

JK300..did you get much ship motion in rough weather?

That was a cruise to Alaska and had only 1 day of rough weather. We did had some ship motion but it  was not that bad, anyway not to us.

I think you will like the 'room' and the balcony.

John

John.. thanks for your comments about rough weather.  We have done a number of cruises on O and the roughest weather we had was in the Med out of Tunisia.  The seas are very unpredictable which makes the whole cruising thing so much fun!!

Francie

We were in 7014. Also have been in 7026.  We were very happy with the cabin. Location was forward, but not rocky.  Being forward of the elevators, the hallway was very quiet.  The small piece of solid wall on the balcony isn’t a problem.  I would pick it without hesitation.