Per Michael Bayley, Some CSO Updates

10 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Thanks for sharing. There is 2 reasons Covid cases are going down and Disease is burning out towards Herd Immunity, those are Vaccines/Vaccinated and also the high numbers of those with Natural Immunity. 

Also the seasonal nature of covid which was predicted to plummet in April.

21 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Because I don't know how to work these fancy things. The computer (pc tower) has a cable in the back to the router which is connected to the telephone to allow access to the internet and that works for me. Fantastically I might add.

Trust me - I avoided getting an iPad for the longest time (not great at tech stuff) until I had major surgery a couple of years ago and had three weeks of recovery.  The iPad is so simple - even I learned in a flash. It's great. I go everywhere with it. I understand your reluctance though. Change it hard - but you'll be glad you did. Take the plunge!!!!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

The only tidal wave I know of that destroyed a cruise ship was in Poseidon Adventure.  I think if you had actual statistics on both scenarios, Covid would be higher

I loved that movie!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CruisingHogFan said:

I had Covid 4 months ago and still

have some side effects. I listen to my doctor and also friends in the medial profession and got the vaccine after 90 days. Seems like this is the general consensus from just about all health care providers that are taking this seriously. 

Your information is really bad....

Glad you're ok!

Well, all I can add to the conversation is that it may not prove to be necessary to get vaccinated to have protection against COVID-19 if you've previously been infected. But it also has not been shown that getting vaccinated is detrimental, in any way whatsoever, to protection against COVID-19 in those who have had it. 

So, all things considered, why wouldn't I get vaccinated against it once I could? Especially if I'm not among those with any history of reactions to the ingredients of the vaccines (yes the ingredients are published for this very reason). 

The potential damaging effects from COVID-19 are enough to make me want to do what I can to ensure I'm protected from the worst of it.

• Like 7

On 5/16/2021 at 12:41 AM, shutterbug63 said:

It's going to be interesting to see how they verify whether or not someone is truly fully vaccinated.  The CDC cards we have are honestly kind of flimsy and don't look like they'd be hard to duplicate. 

In the UK our covid vaccinations (type, date, batch number) now show on our NHS app

On 5/16/2021 at 3:28 PM, cruisinghawg said:

I take from your comment that the UK does not issue any certifying document to show vaccination?

We get a card,  sounds similar to yours in USA but from today all info is on our NHS app which is set up with multiple layers of security 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dswallow said:

Well, all I can add to the conversation is that it may not prove to be necessary to get vaccinated to have protection against COVID-19 if you've previously been infected. But it also has not been shown that getting vaccinated is detrimental, in any way whatsoever, to protection against COVID-19 in those who have had it. 

So, all things considered, why wouldn't I get vaccinated against it once I could? Especially if I'm not among those with any history of reactions to the ingredients of the vaccines (yes the ingredients are published for this very reason). 

The potential damaging effects from COVID-19 are enough to make me want to do what I can to ensure I'm protected from the worst of it.

Very good points! Moreover, the vaccine is "free" (albeir with our taxpayer dollars). Unless there's a medical reason why one couldn't get it, I see no downside. 

19 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Because I don't know how to operate all this fancy stuff download apps connect to this wifi with password. I push the on button and this computer works, internet works no problems. I am sure I will get into all that stuff one day.

I'm not sure how old you are ace, but I'm no spring chicken,  definitely wasn't educated in the computer age and yet I LOVE my smart phone and the amazing apps you get now.  I'm not saying I'm addicted but would find it hard to navigate the modern world without one 

They're set up to be easy to operate and you'll have fun figuring it out 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dswallow said:

I think it's entirely reasonable for a young, healthy person to look at the stats and see they aren't at any more risk for problematic complications from covid  than they are from the flu, and not be interested in an unapproved vaccine.

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ArthurUSCG said:

Someone was saying that fake cards aren't an issue.

A Long Island CVS employee was arrested after police found 62 fake COVID-19 vaccination cards in his car
https://www.insider.com/cvs-employee-arrested-fake-coronavirus-vaccionation-cards-found-in-car-2021-5

Isolated incidents don't make it an issue. Of course it exists, especially in a state like NY.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I think it's entirely reasonable for a young, healthy person to look at the stats and see they aren't at any more risk for problematic complications from covid  than they are from the flu, and not be interested in an unapproved vaccine.

I know people love to call it an "unapproved" vaccine but in reality that's not what it is, and the difference between the emergency approval and final approval are really minimal, especially considering how long it's been since that emergency approval began, and the studies that have been released in the interim. It's really what I call a false flag claim at this point.

Emergency Use Authorization for Vaccines Explained | FDA

What difference would full FDA approval make for COVID-19 vaccines? - Poynter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dswallow said:

I know people love to call it an "unapproved" vaccine but in reality that's not what it is, and the difference between the emergency approval and final approval are really minimal, especially considering how long it's been since that emergency approval began, and the studies that have been released in the interim. It's really what I call a false flag claim at this point.

Emergency Use Authorization for Vaccines Explained | FDA

What difference would full FDA approval make for COVID-19 vaccines? - Poynter

I'm not saying I agree with it, but just I could fully see that being the thought process.

I guess we know who's smarter than the CDC and Bidentime...Governor Abbot that's who, 

"Texas hits 'zero death' COVID milestone 2 months after reopening, proving President Biden wrong."

And that guy who made fun of Texas and their ice storm on these boards.  Guess he looks pretty silly now eh?

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

"Texas hits 'zero death' COVID milestone 2 months after reopening, proving President Biden wrong."

That is a snapshot, but certainly good to see.  Texas 7-day running average of daily cases and fatalities are dramatically less than during their peaks.

Edited by logan25

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

I guess we know who's smarter than the CDC and Bidentime...Governor Abbot that's who, 

And that guy who made fun of Texas and their ice storm on these boards.  Guess he looks pretty silly now eh?

I guess you should go down to the neighborhood bar tonight and have a party to celebrate.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, dswallow said:

I don't have the answers right now about those who've had the virus and how their bodies react in the future because there is no factual data.  It's all speculation.

For example, some reference levels of antibodies and related factors of those vaccinated and those with natural immunity and point "conclusively" that the vaccine is better.

Then again, others (professionals also), counter that they simply don't know yet.  They proffer that those that have had the virus may have diminishing resilience but, since the "body" turned on its defenses by itself, that such resilience could easily be re-booted against the threat.

I have no idea who's right, but I lean towards those that caution that the data is simply not available at this time.

However, I see "vaccine passports" as a the next divisive side effect of this entire pandemic.

We're vaccinated, prefer choosing a restricted vaccinated cruise, but are warming up to the belief that the vaccine (Pfizer for us) works and will likely cruise this December on non-restricted vaccinated cruise (a B2B in early December on MSC Seashore).

1 minute ago, At Sea At Peace said:

I don't have the answers right now about those who've had the virus and how their bodies react in the future because there is no factual data.  It's all speculation.

For example, some reference levels of antibodies and related factors of those vaccinated and those with natural immunity and point "conclusively" that the vaccine is better.

Then again, others (professionals also), counter that they simply don't know yet.  They proffer that those that have had the virus may have diminishing resilience but, since the "body" turned on its defenses by itself, that such resilience could easily be re-booted against the threat.

I have no idea who's right, but I lean towards those that caution that the data is simply not available at this time.

However, I see "vaccine passports" as a the next divisive side effect of this entire pandemic.

We're vaccinated, prefer choosing a restricted vaccinated cruise, but are warming up to the belief that the vaccine (Pfizer for us) works and will likely cruise this December on non-restricted vaccinated cruise (a B2B in early December on MSC Seashore).

I think simply seeing what happens on land over the next few months will drive a lot of what we may see the ships require or not require subsequently. In the meantime, I can certainly understand a desire to be a little more conservative; though at the same time, with a commitment of vaccinations being required, I also think they may have something to gain by taking what appears to be a much smaller risk and running the ships with fewer restrictions and protocols in place, with some knowledge of how vaccinations are affecting infections.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I don't go to bars thank you, and I don't live in Texas.

Good point....I don’t go to bars or live in Texas either....still think he had a great suggestion tho 🙂.  Just amazing some of the conclusions people allow their brain to come to. 

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, logan25 said:

That is a snapshot, but certainly good to see.  Texas 7-day running average of daily cases and fatalities are dramatically less than during their peaks.

Question. Is Texas being honest about the Covid death toll?