Yes, I am TOTALLY Crazy, But Felt I had to be on the First Alaska Cruise July 24

LAFFNVEGAS

1 minute ago, kazu said:

Our vaccine proof is not like yours but it has our actual batch on it that we received of Pfizer along with the date, etc.

Ours includes the Lot #, along with our name, birthdate, vaccine manufacturer, date administered, and where administered.  Not sure if it's the case everywhere in the US, but here in Colorado that info was also sent from Walgreens to our healthcare provider so we can see that information when we log into our respective healthcare providers' websites.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, atexsix said:

I just looked at mine, the American ones have vaccine type, lot number, and the place that administered it, and date of course

Yes, that is what my card for Pfizer has which leads me to believe there may be a way to verify that. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, zelker said:

Ours includes the Lot #, along with our name, birthdate, vaccine manufacturer, date administered, and where administered.  Not sure if it's the case everywhere in the US, but here in Colorado that info was also sent from Walgreens to our healthcare provider so we can see that information when we log into our respective healthcare providers' websites.

Yes, all that is on mine too.  but, I have no place to log in to see my record.  I’m not sure there is one in our province, honestly.  I have looked.

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Yes, all that is on mine too.  but, I have no place to log in to see my record.  I’m not sure there is one in our province, honestly.  I have looked.

1 hour ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Yes, that is what my card for Pfizer has which leads me to believe there may be a way to verify that. 

I had the Pfizer too, so the pharmacy might have records.  But the potential for errors, misspellings, omittances, etc. are high; when cruise lines insist reservations match passports exactly, I see a large number of headaches coming out of this.  Especially this late in the game, my final payment is due in 6 weeks, not exactly a lot of time for problem resolution.  I don't see a database being logistically feasible at this point in time.

Edited by atexsix

3 hours ago, zelker said:

We had Moderna at Walgreens and it was sent to my Primary Physician and in their system when we log in.  Also, Walgreens keeps a record in their System with the info on Lot #'s, Vaccination Dates, etc.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, idiebabe said:

We had Moderna at Walgreens and it was sent to my Primary Physician and in their system when we log in.  Also, Walgreens keeps a record in their System with the info on Lot #'s, Vaccination Dates, etc.

I completely spaced that it also shows up in our Walgreens account history.  Thanks for the reminder.  That info is even more complete than what's on the card. EXCEPT no lot #.  Anyway, think I'll save a PDF of both of ours on our phone for travel, just in case there's ever a question as to the validity of our cards.

Edited by zelker
  • Like 1

I received the Pfizer vaccine at a Los Angeles County mass vaccination site which was administered by  Kaiser. The Covid vaccine is listed on the Kaiser medical record page under immunizations. I can't find my CDC card. Tucked it away for safe keeping and don't remember where I put it. 

I had not thought about checking on Walgreen after we got our vaccination and sure enough it shows for both myself and husband, the vaccine and the dates. So technically there is lots of back up of proof for those of us that are fully vaccinated.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, zelker said:

I completely spaced that it also shows up in our Walgreens account history.  Thanks for the reminder.  That info is even more complete than what's on the card. EXCEPT no lot #.  Anyway, think I'll save a PDF of both of ours on our phone for travel, just in case there's ever a question as to the validity of our cards.

You’re welcome!  I plan on doing same with ours on our phones!  

@jakersI was worried I’d misplace it so when I got home from 2nd shot I made several copies of it and put it in a Covid file, Important Document folder in file drawer.  😂.  I keep the original in a lanyard holder with my Passport (ready to travel) !  😀

Edited by idiebabe
  • Like 2

Staples will laminate a copy of your vaccination card for travel purposes for free.  They will not laminate the original since it’s a government document.  Plus you may need additional entries ( we all hope not ). 

Dennis

Edited by kelleherdl
  • Like 1

Mine are listed on MyChart, I have no idea how it got there because I did not schedule through them, I went through Walmart pharmacy.  It lists which vaccine I received along with the dates of the first and second doses.  It states it's based on what my clinic has on file for me.  I have an appointment coming up in early June and I'm going to ask about it.

Walmart is apparently planning on partnering with a smartphone app, but so far there's no instructions on how to access it, they are also controversial. 

If the pharmacy and doctor's offices dates match the dates on the cards I would think it would suffice until such time something more universal is in place.  But so far there's no indication from HAL that anything more than the card will be required, at least until the Florida issue is resolved.

Edited by atexsix

5 hours ago, atexsix said:

just looked at mine, the American ones have vaccine type, lot number, and the place that administered it, and date of course

As does my CDC card.

When I win Ohio's Vax-a-Million contest within the next 5 weeks, 🤣 🤣 I will need that information and have it confirmed by the Ohio Lottery for me to  receive my prize.

3 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

As does my CDC card.

When I win Ohio's Vax-a-Million contest within the next 5 weeks, 🤣 🤣 I will need that information and have it confirmed by the Ohio Lottery for me to  receive my prize.

I heard about that on the news, what a brilliant incentive!  Washington State went the cheaper route with $100 gift cards, but it's something at least.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, atexsix said:

I heard about that on the news, what a brilliant incentive!  Washington State went the cheaper route with $100 gift cards, but it's something at least.

This was an idea that came from our Governor.  He has done an excellent job for us Buckeyes.  Yet, he has many of his political party in our General Assembly who oppose him and have introduced, twice, Bills of Impeachment because of their positions. 

3 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

This was an idea that came from our Governor.  He has done an excellent job for us Buckeyes.  Yet, he has many of his political party in our General Assembly who oppose him and have introduced, twice, Bills of Impeachment because of their positions. 

They are easy scapegoats for the disaster of 2020, I'm not a political junkie but it seems it wouldn't of mattered who was in office, nobody could have been prepared for the sheer scale of it.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, zelker said:

By any chance, do you mean the trail at the end of Creek Street, the goes to the Cape Fox Lodge?  (I don't believe there's a Canal Street in Ketchikan)

That is what I meant,  Creek Street.  At the end you will see a nature trail that goes up a hill.  

On 5/20/2021 at 7:35 PM, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Well, I did it 😃 I just felt we absolutely needed to be on the first Alaska Cruise for July 24th on the Nieuw Amsterdam, we are already booked for September 4th and have that almost paid in full. We are not canceling that cruise but felt we also had to be on this cruise. And why not, our Nieuw Statendam Amsterdam cruise for July 11th got canceled last week.

I even got really emotional booking this,  I booked the air and transfers from HAL, air prices were actually really good.

If anyone is interested I think I will do one of my Live From threads here on CC. I think it should be lots of fun.            

Sue,  I will be   fun o hav a "live fom"    thread     

Been  a long time since  🙂

• Like 2

Bob & I are booked on the August 14th sailing, and  are also booking next year on August 6th, for the whole family!  Our granddaughter would not be able to go this year.  We’ll celebrate our anniversary by ourselves this year, onboard NA, and together on Eurodam in 2022.

• Like 2

On 5/23/2021 at 8:14 PM, atexsix said:

Mine are listed on MyChart, I have no idea how it got there because I did not schedule through them, I went through Walmart pharmacy.  It lists which vaccine I received along with the dates of the first and second doses.  It states it's based on what my clinic has on file for me.  I have an appointment coming up in early June and I'm going to ask about it.

Walmart is apparently planning on partnering with a smartphone app, but so far there's no instructions on how to access it, they are also controversial. 

If the pharmacy and doctor's offices dates match the dates on the cards I would think it would suffice until such time something more universal is in place.  But so far there's no indication from HAL that anything more than the card will be required, at least until the Florida issue is resolved.

My provider uses MyChart.  They got the information from the state for our records.  Very efficient.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, bobpatj said:

Ooops!  Sorry I meant the August 7th sailing, this year!

Hope you have a grand time!!

We were scheduled on same cruise however, not overly pleased with itinerary. Canceled, moved our deposit to HAL cruise in February ( Panama Canal full transit) and rebooked Alaska 8/8-15/21 on Majestic Princess - just a better itinerary for us and shore excursions too.

On 5/23/2021 at 3:09 PM, jakers said:

I received the Pfizer vaccine at a Los Angeles County mass vaccination site which was administered by  Kaiser. The Covid vaccine is listed on the Kaiser medical record page under immunizations. I can't find my CDC card. Tucked it away for safe keeping and don't remember where I put it. 

If you find it you might try putting it with your passport.

I DID IT!!!  I printed out our luggage tags!!!  😁 

For no other reason than I wanted to see them and touch them and hug them and kiss them and ...  well, you get the picture!  We now have something concrete (besides a Visa bill) that says "we're going to embark a DAM ship in less than 3 months!!"  

Edited by zelker
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1