8+ Day Cruises Approved

stobe1

Good news, but a lot of people have received those letters and were subsequently cancelled. You're chances are definitely better with Horizon slated to be among the first to restart cruising. They also mentioned 8 day for Alaska for summer in yesterday's news.

• Like 1

IF this cruise cancels, which I am fully expecting it to cancel, it will be our 4th one to cancel since the 'rona started. I was only sharing it because this is the first time I have seen anything about cruises over 7 days being allowed. During the entire shutdown there was talk that cruises longer than 7 days wouldn't be allowed. Anyway, here is to hoping.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, stobe1 said:

IF this cruise cancels, which I am fully expecting it to cancel, it will be our 4th one to cancel since the 'rona started. I was only sharing it because this is the first time I have seen anything about cruises over 7 days being allowed. During the entire shutdown there was talk that cruises longer than 7 days wouldn't be allowed. Anyway, here is to hoping.

I have a 10 day in january.im hoping it will be cancelled.so I can put my money on my august cruise with the grandkids.ive been putting off my knee replacement but it's about time to bite the bullet and get it done first of the year.Taking tours in those tiny little  cramped Chinese made buses is rather painful.my walking is limited to a half mile stretch.we generally walk 6-7 miles in search of interesting souvenirs.you can find unique items in places like Cozumel when you venture out.

2 hours ago, stobe1 said:

You got your money down on the right horse; Horizon very well could be first out of the gate.

I feel your pain. My DW started working then switched jobs, before the 'Rona, so we have been very vacation deprived.

Edited by mondello
Correction

We are on the 14 day Pride leaving on 10/31.  I was expecting them to delay the departure by a day but this seems like it is good news.  I still wonder at what capacity they will be sailing with.

20 minutes ago, Mallow said:

We are on the 14 day Pride leaving on 10/31.  I was expecting them to delay the departure by a day but this seems like it is good news.  I still wonder at what capacity they will be sailing with.

I read on cruisemapper that Carnival canceled all 2021 repositioning cruises.  Hope that changes or was wrong, so you can enjoy.  Ends in Tampa, right?

It really doesn't state that the cruise will be 8 days.  It just says if you stay with your cruise, you will be compensated 100 bucks.  One hundred bucks doesn't even cover one night on the ship, so i hope you get your 8 days.  And if not very many people cancel, well they will cruise-7 or 8 days.  Good luck!

• Like 1

One thing that really caught my eye when I first saw this letter is the part about reduced capacity and what that means for shorter cruises.  It said that they still had capacity because they had stopped selling those cruises.  They haven't stopped selling for many shorter cruises.  I'm wondering if this means that the shorter cruises won't necessarily be at reduced capacity. If they do reduce capacity, how do they choose who gets to go?

Reduced Capacity.jpg

I think they just stop selling when they reach "X" amount.  If they have already over sold that amount, they will take the people who booked last and try to reschedule them, or make the whole group an offer that many cant refuse.  The 8 day cruises have been off sale for a while. 

26 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I read on cruisemapper that Carnival canceled all 2021 repositioning cruises.  Hope that changes or was wrong, so you can enjoy.  Ends in Tampa, right?

That would be the one and they just started listing it for sale again so it seems like it could still be on.

4 minutes ago, Mallow said:

That would be the one and they just started listing it for sale again so it seems like it could still be on.

That makes sense, why else would they renew the sale again.  I read somewhere on cruisecritic today that they had stopped selling cabins for a while due to anticipated CDC decisions regarding #pax and just started reselling them.  Sounds good!  We disembark on 10/31, the last R/T Baltimore Pride cruise.

52 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

It really doesn't state that the cruise will be 8 days.  It just says if you stay with your cruise, you will be compensated 100 bucks.  One hundred bucks doesn't even cover one night on the ship, so i hope you get your 8 days.  And if not very many people cancel, well they will cruise-7 or 8 days.  Good luck!

No. That is exactly what it says. Read the second paragraph. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mallow said:

I am on this cruise too. Not willing to book airline tickets just yet, but I actually think our chances of cruising have now increased to 50/50%.

19 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

One thing that really caught my eye when I first saw this letter is the part about reduced capacity and what that means for shorter cruises.  It said that they still had capacity because they had stopped selling those cruises.  They haven't stopped selling for many shorter cruises.  I'm wondering if this means that the shorter cruises won't necessarily be at reduced capacity. If they do reduce capacity, how do they choose who gets to go?

Reduced Capacity.jpg

I think all Carnival is saying there is that though some of the 7 day or less cruises may be sold out due to reduced capacity, there are still spots available on the 8 days because they had stopped taking bookings for them for a while.

Edited by Earthworm Jim
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, marshhawk said:

The $100 is the same OBC that was already offered last month to keep the booking and it has nothing to do with the refund for the missed day if it is changed to a 7 day.

Edited by regoodwinjr

16 hours ago, vamartha said:

I am on this cruise too. Not willing to book airline tickets just yet, but I actually think our chances of cruising have now increased to 50/50%.

We haven't decided how we will get to Baltimore or back from Tampa but if things start actually sailing and it looks like we are going, it should be fairly easy.   We have thought about driving to BWI, park in long term parking and get an Uber to the port then fly from Tampa back to BWI and drive home.  No use to get our hope up by booking anything yet though.