Vaccine not required to cruise - will MSC change policy?

Alsmez

5 minutes ago, MotownVoice said:

Now that kelleherdl has taken it upon themselves to turn this thread from a legitimate discussion about new, unprecedented boarding policy on cruiseships, to common misnformation and propagandized political drivel, I hope the moderators will have to good sense to close comment on it permanently, if not delete it all together.

Or the posts that are off topic or political can be removed and the thread can continue.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

The 5% sitting on the dock waving goodbye to the cruise ships 😂, regardless of what your CDC says, the cruise lines that require 100% will deny you boarding regardless of little local laws.
Better bank on MSC keeping their policy the same as you won't be getting on the likes of NCL 😂

For the 5% unvaccinated that do get to sail, I'm talking about adults using medical or religious reasons as their way onboard, not the children who are too young to be vaxxed, wonder if those people will be required to wear masks? Because it sounds like (at least on Royal Caribbean, and I consider them a big player, if not the lead) mask guidelines on board will continue to be re-evaluated, and vaccinated passengers most likely won't be required to wear them in most places on board.

16 hours ago, Alsmez said:

I fully understand that 100% will be impossible given the presence of children under 12, etc. My question was really whether MSC has shown any inclination to follow the lead of the major US lines and begin requiring that all adults be vaccinated. As far as I have gleaned from internet reports, the answer is no at this point, although as a couple of early responders pointed out, they may change their tune (willingly or not) when they begin sailing from US ports. Time will tell, and of course the entire landscape may look different by the time December (or even final payment for December) rolls around. I just find it rather odd that any cruise line would find it worth the risk (whether real, perceived or media/reputational) to allow unvaccinated adults on board. 

nah..they won't. Especially in Italy there are a lot of non-vaccinated people...so no

14 hours ago, Geobugs said:

After reading a dozen pro-vaccination posts on cruise critic, I still have not read a well reasoned post on why requiring a vaccine passport has merit.  Can anyone link one? 

I can think of ten reasons why requiring a vaccine passport and vaccines will not work.

1. Vaccine passports don't stop the spread of covid-19.

2. Vaccine passports don't properly document covid-19 vaccinations.

3. Vaccine passports cannot be enforced in Florida.

4. Vaccine passports can be obtained without receiving the vaccine.

5. Vaccine passports currently are not required by the largest and third largest cruise lines.

6. The vaccination by Johnson and Johnson is only 66.3% effective.

7. Many people don't get the second vaccination.

8. HIIPA.

9. A certain percentage of the population cannot get the vaccination due to allergies.

10. People with all kinds of contagious diseases are able to travel without a vaccine or vaccine passport.

11. Because contrary to a whole lot of rhetoric in these parts to the contrary, natural immunity is real, it appears long lasting, and it makes vaccines redundant for previously infected people.

https://medicine.wustl.edu/news/good-news-mild-covid-19-induces-lasting-antibody-protection/

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2021-05/elf-ciw052421.php