Pricing for new Alaska cruises?

rboy000

Since no site has any pricing, not sure how anyone can post that the cruises will be ‘$$$$’ since there is nothing to base that on except…..nothing. My ‘guess’ is that Celebrity will cut all Alaska 2021 cruises by 90%. That’s based on what any other post would be until the actual prices come out, unless a TA has special access and can give out actual data.

den

Looks like the call pricing of $$$$ was correct. The prices came out this morning and if you want a inside sailing in July you have to call. That tells me there is probably a wait list of some kind for inside cabins. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, vivian02 said:

Looks like the call pricing of $$$$ was correct. The prices came out this morning and if you want a inside sailing in July you have to call. That tells me there is probably a wait list of some kind for inside cabins. 

Possibly there are no inside cabins being sold as a capacity restriction.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Priced a balcony cabin on Summit July 23 with basic level of AI refundable at $2625 pp all in.  

For comparison, our cancelled 2020 May Alaska cruise on Eclipse was $1833 pp with all the perks (drink package, tip, internet) and a few hundreds cruise credit.

6 minutes ago, lostchild said:

For comparison, our cancelled 2020 May Alaska cruise on Eclipse was $1833 pp with all the perks (drink package, tip, internet) and a few hundreds cruise credit.

No doubt the prices will be higher on these early limited cruises.  Supply and demand.  I will not cruise until 2022.

• Like 1

I priced a basic level balcony on deck 10 forward, without ins, but with AI and it came to $4149.88 for Sept, 3rd or 10th. That was the total price refundable till June, 10th, then FCC at 100% till 48 hrs before cruise. That figure is in line with everyone else that's doing Alaska this year at the same time period.

1 hour ago, vivian02 said:

Yup, $$$. My ‘guess’ that the prices would be 90% less was a bit wrong! hehe. I have 4 Concierge SRs set for our family on an Aug 2022 cruise and the similar cruise in 2021 is $400 pp more. That’s about 20% increase. 

Den

Looks like NO inside cabins for sale on these cruises. They may be using the insides to spread the crew out to comply with CDC guidance. Prices are a bit up but given the inclusions on Celebrity, still a good value based on others lines pricing.

We booked a balcony cruise last week on Royal Caribbean Ovation of the Seas to Alaska.  It was about $1500 less for two people than a similar cabin on Celebrity Summit.  Since Celebrity includes drinks, tip and WIFI there really isn't much difference in the price of the two cruises.  We had earlier booked a Bahamas Cruise with Royal Caribbean for the same week, but we switched to Alaska when they were released.  I'd rather go to Alaska than spend 2 days at Coco Cay.  We aren't really beach people.  The cruise sails  at the time of our 40th wedding anniversary, so we wanted to do something special.  I haven't sailed RC in a long time, so it will be fun to compare the two lines.  For the last 15 years we've been pretty loyal to Celebrity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

No doubt the prices will be higher on these early limited cruises.  Supply and demand.  I will not cruise until 2022.

I actually just booked an August 2021 sailing for $370pp less than the September 2022 Alaska booking it's replacing (made earlier this year). Maybe that was just an unreasonably high fare, but... I'm pretty happy. Could it be lower? Sure, but it's not too far off ($pp/day) from previous Celebrity cruises.

The two options for a 9/10 Alaska cruise for us are the Summit or the Ovation. The RCCL cruise is quite a bit less $ even with the additional expense of gratuities. Since our Elite status = Diamond the cost of other drinks throughout the day likely won't approach the Celebrity AI pricing. If we book it won't be until late June so who knows what the pricing will be at that time.

2 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

Any sign of the Panama Canal cruise which would presumably take place after Alaska?

No such cruise shows up yet when looking for Panama Canal cruises, and there is a nice gap after Summit's Sept 17 Alaska cruise and before the October 26 Caribbean cruise, so it makes sense they would try to put something in there. I have noted Millennium does Pacific Coast cruises after Alaska, so there will probably be a few nice cruises in between Alaska and Caribbean, including that Panama Canal cruise. There's just nothing scheduled yet.

3 hours ago, neverlaysup said:

Looks like NO inside cabins for sale on these cruises. They may be using the insides to spread the crew out to comply with CDC guidance. Prices are a bit up but given the inclusions on Celebrity, still a good value based on others lines pricing.

Not if you sail solo.  They charge you for 2 sets of tips, 2 drink packages, and 2 wi-fi packages.  I understand and have accepted paying for 2 in a cabin, but how they justify this new pricing is beyond me.  Looks like I won't be making it past Elite+.

6 hours ago, TeeRick said:

$2037.63 po

8 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Priced a balcony cabin on Summit July 23 with basic level of AI refundable at $2625 pp all in.  

$2073 pp all in on a hump mini suite with all the perks on the Bliss. I thought that was pretty good. Got obc from my TA also. 

5 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

This was posted on another thread.  A nice 16 night repo to Miami.  We did one just like this on Infinity many years ago.  Sea days are great.

image.png.3931f19bb30b835e765e6cb925802a7a.png

We are interested in this Panama Canal repo.  Does anyone know when Celebrity will be offering this Sept. 17, 2021 cruise?  

6 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Not if you sail solo.  They charge you for 2 sets of tips, 2 drink packages, and 2 wi-fi packages.  I understand and have accepted paying for 2 in a cabin, but how they justify this new pricing is beyond me.  Looks like I won't be making it past Elite+.

I agree with the inflated solo pricing. I do wish each of the lines would make a certain number of cabins available at no additional cost for solo travelers. Making single travelers pay double kinda sucks. Some of the newer ships have solo cabins at a not too unreasonable price point, maybe the other lines will soon follow suit.

It's all about guarantee revenue per berth.  Not much different than AI, guarantee drink and wifi revenue for each berth.  They think if you aren't spending the $$, someone else occupying the same space would be.