MARDI GRAS Delayed till August

2 minutes ago, regoodwinjr said:

They probably will but they also will want a few that require vaccines so they can ask for the proof.

That is possible.  I am fine either way.  I do feel bad about the people who might not get to cruise this summer because of restrictions, but I would really like to see cruising started one way or another.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

The cruise lines might choose ports that only require a negative covid test.

Are there actually any such ports? Carnival still wouldnt just come out and post their policy. It's the not knowing driving me crazy. 

But take rcl, what about unvaccinated children and now there is a link saying religious exemptions to vaccinations someone posted to rcl boards .. sounds not possible. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Are there actually any such ports? Carnival still wouldnt just come out and post their policy. It's the not knowing driving me crazy. 

But take rcl, what about unvaccinated children and now there is a link saying religious exemptions to vaccinations someone posted to rcl boards .. sounds not possible. 

The 5% unvaccinated was always set aside for religious exemptions and those unable to be vaccinated due to medical reasons. Quite a big loophole that seems hard to verify; kind of like how Service animals got out of hand.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2021 at 10:37 AM, HaveWeMetYet said:

NCL announced today they will resume from the US August 7. 

Looks like the first weekend in August will be the Grand Reopening for cruises from US ports.

Never thought we’d end up on the maiden voyage. ❤️Hope reigns eternal.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

That is possible.  I am fine either way.  I do feel bad about the people who might not get to cruise this summer because of restrictions, but I would really like to see cruising started one way or another.

I agree. While the possible impact for kids under 12 is an issue, I have trouble understanding how no cruises for anyone is better than no cruises for some.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Jenjer said:

I just hope that whomever is on the maiden voyage posts lots of pictures and videos. Because I personally can not wait to live vicariously thru you. 

As God is my witness, if I sail August 7 I will do the BEST. TRIP. REVIEW. EVERRRRR.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

As God is my witness, if I sail August 7 I will do the BEST. TRIP. REVIEW. EVERRRRR.

That's a pretty high bar.

I'll just say - if we sail (same date!) that it would take AN ACT OF GOD to keep me off that ship! 

(EDIT - sadly, I was just going over the deck plans... again!)

Tom

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, mondello said:

The 5% unvaccinated was always set aside for religious exemptions

So I've been searching the inner depths of my brain (believe me, you do not want to go there), and I cannot remember any religion that bans the wearing of masks for health reasons.

The tenuous reason given to score political points seems to be the claim that your face is a "likeness of God" , and it should not be covered.  On that basis of logic Christians shouldn't wear scarves over their faces in winter, or any other facial covering due to weather or other phenomena or safety reason, like balaclavas for professional car racers.  Are scuba masks included in that ban?

So help me out, are there any actual religions that ban/discourage the covering of the face at all times, regardless of circumstances?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

So I've been searching the inner depths of my brain (believe me, you do not want to go there), and I cannot remember any religion that bans the wearing of masks for health reasons.

The tenuous reason given to score political points seems to be the claim that your face is a "likeness of God" , and it should not be covered.  On that basis of logic Christians shouldn't wear scarves over their faces in winter, or any other facial covering due to weather or other phenomena or safety reason, like balaclavas for professional car racers.  Are scuba masks included in that ban?

So help me out, are there any actual religions that ban/discourage the covering of the face at all times, regardless of circumstances?

I got nothin'. But the topic is jabs not masks. What religion bans vaccines? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mondello said:

Oh, yeah, sorry, you are right.  Topic is vaccines.  My apologies.  See, I told you my brain was scary!

So to answer my incorrect question with the correct answer:

Several Christian sub-sectors (?) have issues with them.  

https://www.vumc.org/health-wellness/news-resource-articles/immunizations-and-religion

The following denominations do have a theological objection to vaccination:

• Dutch Reformed Congregations - This denomination has a tradition of declining immunizations. Some members decline vaccination on the basis that it interferes with divine providence. However, others within the faith accept immunization as a gift from God to be used with gratitude.
  • Faith healing denominations including:
  • Faith Tabernacle
  • Church of the First Born
  • Faith Assembly
  • End Time Ministrie
  • Church of Christ, Scientist -  One of the basic teachings of this denomination is that disease can be cured or prevented by focused prayer and members will often request exemptions when available. However, there are not strict rules against vaccination and members can receive required vaccinations.

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I'll just say - if we sail (same date!) that it would take AN ACT OF GOD to keep me off that ship! 

Tom

I should be looking at the deck plans too! We are 8/14! What site do you use for deck plans? Thanks 

Muslim and others alike. Women only. Niqab covers the face but not the eyes. Worn to be modest.  Burqa covers the body from top of head to foot with only a mesh screen to look out of. I am not familiar with this just looked it up. I would think as things evolve it will be optional at some point in time.

14 minutes ago, mondello said:

I never heard of any of these. No major religions prohibit vaccinations - although a major ones opposes the use of vaccines derived from aborted human fetuses

• Dutch Reformed Congregations - This denomination has a tradition of declining immunizations. Some members decline vaccination on the basis that it interferes with divine providence. However, others within the faith accept immunization as a gift from God to be used with gratitude.
  • Faith healing denominations including:
  • Faith Tabernacle
  • Church of the First Born
  • Faith Assembly
  • End Time Ministries
  • Church of Christ, Scientist -  One of the basic teachings of this denomination is that disease can be cured or prevented by focused prayer and members will often request exemptions when available. However, there are not strict rules against vaccination and members can receive required vaccinations.
Edited by BrotherCraig

1 minute ago, helene109 said:

I should be looking at the deck plans too! We are 8/14! What site do you use for deck plans? Thanks 

I would like to tell you but cannot give out the name on Cruisecritic. It not only shows deck plans but has pictures of different areas of the deck and cabins.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Tom

Oh right, me too! I am like, there's our room. OUR ROOM. RIGHT THERE. Right under that place right there on the deck above. Okay. Where is this in comparison to: Lido buffet. . . Guy's. . . all the rest of the counter joints. . . unlimited soft serve ice cream (NOT CLEAR BY THE WAY YET> >!!!) . . . evening entertainment. . . daytime entertainment. And on. And on. And on. 

2 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

I would like to tell you but cannot give out the name on Cruisecritic. It not only shows deck plans but has pictures of different areas of the deck and cabins.

Wow sounds great! I will have to figure it out in between working! Thanks!

Just now, helene109 said:

Wow sounds great! I will have to figure it out in between working! Thanks!

Google is your friend.  I'm sure you'll find a site you like.  I've seen a few different ones.  I must admit, I mostly use the Carnival ones from their own website.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Oh, yeah, sorry, you are right.  Topic is vaccines.  My apologies.  See, I told you my brain was scary!

So to answer my incorrect question with the correct answer:

Several Christian sub-sectors (?) have issues with them.  

https://www.vumc.org/health-wellness/news-resource-articles/immunizations-and-religion

The following denominations do have a theological objection to vaccination:

12 minutes ago, BrotherCraig said:

I never heard of any of these. No major religions prohibit vaccinations - although a major ones opposes the use of vaccines derived from aborted human fetuses

Yeah, but there is no way to verify if anyone is really a member of any such religion and do we even wanna go there? Just sounds like a loophole to me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mondello said:

Yeah, but there is no way to verify if anyone is really a member of any such religion and do we even wanna go there? Just sounds like a loophole to me.

There are legitimate religious persons who should have their beliefs observed.  

Then there are also very obstinate, defiant and stupid folks who, under the guise of freedom, can’t be bothered to stand in a line, observe basic guidelines or follow anything else

that gets us back to normal.  Get me on a plane, a ship or anywhere else where their disruption can be quickly and efficiently mediated.  I’ll volunteer my time and body to rectify that situation.

3 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Tom

I go over the deck plans weekly and my cruise isn't until April 2022 😭. I can't wait to see photos and videos from the first sailings!

...I wonder why the ship is not listed for roll calls yet...

3 hours ago, MMackey said:

I go over the deck plans weekly and my cruise isn't until April 2022 😭. I can't wait to see photos and videos from the first sailings!

...I wonder why the ship is not listed for roll calls yet...

Initially I had a hard time finding the Mardi Gras roll calls - but they're definitely there now. 

Tom

• Like 1