MARDI GRAS Delayed till August

PORT CANAVERAL, Fla. – Carnival Cruise Line’s newest and largest ship, the Mardi Gras, will be arriving at Port Canaveral on June 4, in preparation for its first sailing with passengers.

But it appears that a Mardi Gras cruise with passengers won’t happen until August — at the earliest, according to News 6 partners Florida Today.

Carnival says it hopes to resume sailing in July on three or four ships from U.S. ports after being idled by the coronavirus pandemic in this country since March 2020. But the Mardi Gras and Port Canaveral are not in those plans.

All other Carnival sailings from U.S. ports are canceled through July 30. Carnival said customers whose cruises are canceled are eligible for a future cruise credit and an onboard credit — or a full refund.

• Like 1

Local news broadcasts here in Orlando are saying 1st Mardi Gras cruise in August and John Herald is also planning to be on Mardi Gras 1st sailing in AUGUST. So there ya go! Of course this is subject to change.

Additionally, pvp’s only go by the information they are provided. Mine says no cruises are happening because, well none are sailing yet or have been green lighted officially.

• Like 1

I imagine we will have more news overall this week:

Carnival Cruise Line is also working to finalize its plans to operate Carnival Horizon from Miami , and Carnival Vista and Carnival Breeze from Galveston in July. Itineraries along with specific details about protocols are expected to be finalized and announced next week.

per https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/three-carnival-corporation-cruise-line-brands-plan-resume

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, pogoism9 said:

I imagine we will have more news overall this week:

Carnival Cruise Line is also working to finalize its plans to operate Carnival Horizon from Miami , and Carnival Vista and Carnival Breeze from Galveston in July. Itineraries along with specific details about protocols are expected to be finalized and announced next week.

per https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/three-carnival-corporation-cruise-line-brands-plan-resume

I have been waiting for these news for so long, cant wait to have some new good news regarding our future cruise experience 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I'd vote for that too (as it would bode well for 8/7... see, no selfish reasons)  😄

Tom

Sounds good to me too. Unfortunatly I wont make it but I wish all of you a great experience there 

1 hour ago, Shakatime said:

Old news lol

47 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol yea the news media didnt know I guess lolol. Carnival already said at most 3 or 4 ships in july. No surprise. Let's go.

Well, old news as in I posted that link (or a similar one) last week, more as a "hey, MG is on her way to PC, and they are happy to have her arrive soon" type post, noting the old-news element even then.

But yeah, anyone following the cancellations would know MG ain't sailing in July.

46 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

8/7...8/7...8/7 -- while clicking my heels each time !!

(With a nod to you, firefly)!  😉

Tom

You're not going to get that golden ticket Tom....😉

Because if you do, I will have to cancel my B2B and lose 1200 in OBC.

44 minutes ago, CruisingFromLA said:

I am on the 7/31 for the Mardi Gras. Still no official word that it is cancelled. Final payment is due in 7 days on 5/31. If they do cancel it, hopefully they tell us within the next week, otherwise it would suck to have all that money tied up.

So, you would rather not have the money tied up instead of having it tied up and gaining 600 in OBC?  600 in OBC is worth a lot more than the interest you gain by having your monies refunded.

2 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

So, you would rather not have the money tied up instead of having it tied up and gaining 600 in OBC?  600 in OBC is worth a lot more than the interest you gain by having your monies refunded.

No, they'd rather not make final payment, have their deposit moved to a new cruise, and get the OBC.  Instead of make their final payment, have entire payment moved to new cruise, and get the OBC.

• Like 1