At this point---switch sailing from RC to Celebrity?

ATLfuzzy

Based on Richard Fain's message the other day regarding how RC and Celebrity will be handling vaccinations, etc.......do you think RC would be accommodating with me in regards to switching from a paid in full July Symphony sailing, to one on Celebrity Edge?  I know Lift and Shift is typically when sailings are cancelled, but I think I would prefer, at this point, to sail on Celebrity based on communicated explanations of how cruises will be cancelled.  I'm paid in full.  Of course, it is possible/probable that the cruise in question will end up cancelled.  It's a long shot.  

Do you think I should request this, is there any need?  Appreciate your thoughts....

Edited by ATLfuzzy
typo

6 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I’m doubtful you can switch but until you ask you won’t know for sure.

Agreed. Even though they’re both under the RC Group umbrella, they are two separate “companies” with their own accounting systems. So I would doubt it too.

Edited by C-Dragons

Just now, Jeremiah1212 said:

I would fully expect some people choose to make the switch based on their own comfort level, but I would be very surprised if RCG accommodated what would essentially be a L&S to another line. 

Yes, and a different class of ship as well.

Probably not likely, but if you are willing to pay the prevailing rate for the Celebrity Edge cruise, perhaps they will give you a credit for what you have paid for the RC cruise.  And then allow you to apply the credit to the Celebrity Edge cruise.

41 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

I would fully expect some people choose to make the switch based on their own comfort level, but I would be very surprised if RCG accommodated what would essentially be a L&S to another line. 

They do have a "Cruise With Confidence" policy that governs my booking (can cancel at will up to 48 hours before sailing).  May roll with that if they won't just transfer the funds... 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ATLfuzzy said:

They do have a "Cruise With Confidence" policy that governs my booking (can cancel at will up to 48 hours before sailing).  May roll with that if they won't just transfer the funds... 

If you decide to book with X, just remember their Cruise with Confidence expires on May 31st. So you'll need to book the cruise before then if you want to take advantage of its special coverage.

Flexible Cancellations & Best Price Guarantee | Celebrity Cruises

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

I’m doubtful you can switch but until you ask you won’t know for sure.

Our experience has been a firm NO. They told us they cannot change existing reservations between Royal and Celebrity. However one can book a new Royal cruise while on board a Celebrity cruise ship and vv, as you would already know.

• Like 1

We wanted to switch from a Celebrity cruise to one on Royal. I requested that my $900 deposit be switched rather than pay out that same deposit on the new cruise and wait for the original deposit to be refunded. Absolutely no chance. So I did book the new cruise, laid out the new deposit and a couple of weeks later the original amount was refunded. Based on that I can’t see them letting anyone switch a fully paid up cruise to the other cruise line,  despite them both coming under the RCCI umbrella. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ATLfuzzy said:

I'd assume it's like Celebrity's CwC program and you would be issued a FCC for 100% of your cruise fare.  The FCC would be valid on RCL only and wouldn't be able to be applied to Celebrity.