New vaccination thread

Até

4 hours ago, Geobugs said:

Please allow the children to cruise. Vote No on 100% vaccinations.

I wish all cruise lines would just go 100% adults and allow unvaccinated children, IF below vaccination age.

48 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

NOTE: Any cruise going to the Bahamas. The Bahamian government requires anyone visiting the Bahamas must first purchase the health insurance Visa from them. Starting cost is $40.00 per person before you can even step on the ship. Makes no difference if you want to stay on the ship and not get off.

It's a bit strange they still make the vaccinated opt in to the health insurance portion.  Being vaccinated only saves you from the COVID-19 test before entry or inter-island travel and not having to fill out the daily health surveys.  Since many MSC sailings visit both Nassau and Ocean Cay I wonder if unvaccinated could be held to the inter-island travel re-test protocol (only travel between Nassau and Grand Bahama is specifically mentioned).  Additionally since several sailings spend two days in each of the ports would they have to fill out the daily health surveys?

7 minutes ago, Até said:

It's a bit strange they still make the vaccinated opt in to the health insurance portion.  Being vaccinated only saves you from the COVID-19 test before entry or inter-island travel and not having to fill out the daily health surveys.  Since many MSC sailings visit both Nassau and Ocean Cay I wonder if unvaccinated could be held to the inter-island travel re-test protocol (only travel between Nassau and Grand Bahama is specifically mentioned).  Additionally since several sailings spend two days in each of the ports would they have to fill out the daily health surveys?

Here is how it was. You needed to get the nasal covid19 test and show negative at an approved clinic or testing site. Within 5 days of arriving at the Bahamas. Then you submitted that along with filling out the application and pay. Unvaccinated has not changed. Now, if you have had your vaccination at least two weeks prior to applying, You can email a copy of the vaccination card along with your application and payment. The $5 is only good for I think 5 days. The longer you stay the more it costs. With a cruise usually only one day. Not sure if you are visiting 2 or more ports. Check it out. travel.gov.bs

On 5/27/2021 at 11:08 AM, ziggyuk said:

Not saying they won't return, I am 100% sure they will and quickly, not to mention (for NCL) their new terminal however in the short term Seattle and Alaska are welcoming a restart while Florida are fighting.
Alaska must be jumping for joy at Florida's attitude.

Alaska makes a perfect restart & they are being welcomed with open arms.

Alaska needs the business a lot more than Florida does .justify any way you want.this garbage changes every day.wont be long a new band wagon will come along to jump on.

Carnival has reversed course and decided to go with vaccination required sailings.  The CCL president said trying to go the unvaccinated route would cause them to not be able to deliver the guest experience they wanted to be able to provide.  So I guess some cruise lines are willing to make this change last minute.  I'm still waiting for MSC to say anything about which route they are taking.

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Travel/video/carnival-cruise-line-president-talks-restarting-cruise-industry-78081592

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Até said:

Carnival has reversed course and decided to go with vaccination required sailings.  The CCL president said trying to go the unvaccinated route would cause them to not be able to deliver the guest experience they wanted to be able to provide.  So I guess some cruise lines are willing to make this change last minute.  I'm still waiting for MSC to say anything about which route they are taking.

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Travel/video/carnival-cruise-line-president-talks-restarting-cruise-industry-78081592

Is it not a case of avoiding test cruises by going for other option of vaccination cruises and thereby earning money.

4 hours ago, sidari said:

Is it not a case of avoiding test cruises by going for other option of vaccination cruises and thereby earning money.

But….choosing the fully vaccinated option gets them sailing sooner because that option does not require the test cruisers. 

6 hours ago, sidari said:

That very well may have played into the decision.  But Duffy states the reason for going the vaccination route is because of the diminished on board experience the non-vaccinated route would require.

11 hours ago, neptuno said:

Would you feel comfortable in an elevator with unVaxxed guests?

I wouldn't be uncomfortable except for the fact that I would have to also be wearing a mask, social distancing, get frequently tested, have limited seating at venues and doing only MSC's isolation bubble excursions.  Plus there would be an increased chance of my cruise being halted due to an outbreak.  If MSC went the vaccination required route none* of that would be required and chances of an outbreak are much less. 

*Current rules in the US, hopefully EU and other regulators will follow.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Até said:

I wouldn't be uncomfortable except for the fact that I would have to also be wearing a mask, social distancing, get frequently tested, have limited seating at venues and doing only MSC's isolation bubble excursions.  Plus there would be an increased chance of my cruise being halted due to an outbreak.  If MSC went the vaccination required route none* of that would be required and chances of an outbreak are much less. 

*Current rules in the US, hopefully EU and other regulators will follow.

All of this 100%!  

• Like 1

They had a similar thread on the Celebrity boards.  I spent some time composing what I thought was a thoughtful and well-composed response and the moderator deleted it.  Why bother responding when that sort of moderation exists?

On 6/4/2021 at 9:51 PM, neptuno said:

Right on.  Would you feel comfortable in an elevator with unVaxxed guests?

I got covid19, beat it and both Pfizer shots. No I would not feel uncomfortable. Those that did not get covid19 and are not vaccinated. You might want to get some exercise before you go and think about the stairs., Better yet. Stay safe and do not go on a cruise.

• Like 2

On 6/4/2021 at 9:51 PM, neptuno said:

Right on.  Would you feel comfortable in an elevator with unVaxxed guests?

I'm vaccinated and would feel comfortable in an elevator with unvax guests. I believe the vaccine works. Scheduled to sail 9/25 this year.