Carnival Requiring a Health Assement?

JQTravels

I’m more curious as to the ports themselves. What are their requirements going to be. All fine to get on and sail but if the ports of calls have strict mandates then what. I’d like to read something on the islands and what they will require.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midwestgal said:

I’m more curious as to the ports themselves. What are their requirements going to be. All fine to get on and sail but if the ports of calls have strict mandates then what. I’d like to read something on the islands and what they will require.

What do the ports require now to visit by plane?  A negative covid test?

Ok, I found something.  The link shows the individual requirements for visiting each area.  It looks like negative covid tests will be required.

"All international passengers flying into the U.S. from the Caribbean islands (with the exception of Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) will need to provide proof of a negative Covid-19 test received no more than 72 hours prior to boarding the flight to the U.S. Airlines will deny boarding to those passengers who do not produce a test result. Since the rule was announced many hotels in the Caribbean region have stepped up to offer their guests pre-travel testing.

In addition, the CDC recommends that travelers get tested again three to five days after arrival and stay home for seven days after travel, unless they have been fully vaccinated."

https://www.travelweekly.com/Caribbean-Travel/Caribbean-readies-for-a-wave-of-reopenings

Edited by TNcruising02

17 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

If the Health Assessment doesn't include proof of vaccination, I guess tests will be required by CDC.

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/covid19-operations-manual-cso.html#testing-of-embarking-and-disembarking-passengers

I'm curious. Even if the ship can't ask you if you've had the vaccine (in Florida at the moment) could you voluntarily provide proof of vaccine to avoid the testing required of those not vaccinated? There should be some benefit to those of us who have had the vaccine. I've no problem with showing my vaccination card. I just don't see how this is any big privacy invasion.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 40yearcruiser said:

I'm curious. Even if the ship can't ask you if you've had the vaccine (in Florida at the moment) could you voluntarily provide proof of vaccine to avoid the testing required of those not vaccinated? There should be some benefit to those of us who have had the vaccine. I've no problem with showing my vaccination card. I just don't see how this is any big privacy invasion.

I don't understand it myself. I don't travel much, but I think I have heard vaccines are required to travel to some countries, or is that only for employment?? What about school, vaccine record is required as well. I get that as adults we don't get asked for it much. But isn't it basically the same thing

I thought it was that businesses could not deny service based on vaccine status and not that they simply couldn't ask for it.  It appears that as long as the cruise line does not deny service to unvaccinated people, that they should be able to allow passengers the option of submitting it for their records, which could be completely optional.

"Governor DeSantis enacted this prohibition through an executive order last month, blocking any business or government entity from requiring proof of COVID-19 vaccination."

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, stellarose said:

and as of July 1st it will be a Florida law to ask anyone if they are vaccinated.  Thanks Ron. 

Do you know where I can find the actual law that states it will be illegal to ask?  Or will it be illegal to require it for service?  That would make a difference.  Asking for records versus requiring it for service are two different things.

Edited by TNcruising02

48 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Do you know where I can find the actual law that states it will be illegal to ask?  Or will it be illegal to require it for service?  That would make a difference.  Asking for records versus requiring it for service are two different things.

Looks like only illegal to require documentation.

http://laws.flrules.org/2021/8

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

What do the ports require now to visit by plane?  A negative covid test?

Yes as well as a quarantine. Just depends on what island you go to. Many countries have you take another Covid test once there and you quarantine until the results are back or a set amount of time in quarantine.

Edited by Midwestgal
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

Ok, I found something.  The link shows the individual requirements for visiting each area.  It looks like negative covid tests will be required.

"All international passengers flying into the U.S. from the Caribbean islands (with the exception of Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) will need to provide proof of a negative Covid-19 test received no more than 72 hours prior to boarding the flight to the U.S. Airlines will deny boarding to those passengers who do not produce a test result. Since the rule was announced many hotels in the Caribbean region have stepped up to offer their guests pre-travel testing.

In addition, the CDC recommends that travelers get tested again three to five days after arrival and stay home for seven days after travel, unless they have been fully vaccinated."

https://www.travelweekly.com/Caribbean-Travel/Caribbean-readies-for-a-wave-of-reopenings 

did you read the whole article? Scroll down and read if not. Many places require a quarantine once there. Not sure how cruise ships we be allowed to DJ p people off the ship and onto the islands

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2021 at 7:42 AM, 40yearcruiser said:

Interesting. We are taking a Mississippi River cruise in August and the vaccine is required for that. I also see that the Alaska cruises will require the vaccine so I guess it can be asked in all the places where those cruises originate.

Hope you not going out of St Louis!!

12 hours ago, PlanoDebbie said:

Looks like the exact same questions I've had to answer every single morning upon entering my school to work over the past year!

I work for a health organization and we're required to answer a couple of screening questions daily (And this has changed MANY times over the last year). One question is whether or not we've been fully vaccinated. My employer knows this, but I'm still asked daily. You would think that even if I answered "yes" once that this question would disappear. 😆

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PlanoDebbie said:

Looks like the exact same questions I've had to answer every single morning upon entering my school to work over the past year!

DW, all other staff, and parents answering for students have to do this every day online before entering her elementary school.

https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/EO-21-81.pdf 

For those that want to read the new law in Florida.  I think it is full of loopholes.

1) Wereas,  Requiring so called Covid vaccine passports for taking part in everyday life....

( I work hard for my cruises, they are NOT a part of everyday life)

2)Wereas, Covid 19 vaccination records are private health information and should not be shared...

(Should, implies you shouldn't,  but can. It is not an edict, like thou SHALT not lie).

This new law was very poorly, hastily written, and should be amended. Just a thought.