Luggage tags for Platinum no longer say Priority ?

phoneman69

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

We should soon be within 30 days of boarding. ..the july 3rd cruises will see the boarding times first. If they still dont show priority then some may want to contact carnival. I only do carry on so doesnt matter to me but I can see for others who want them delivered. Does putting priority make them deliver sooner actually? 

Yes i believe having Priority on the luggage tag gets them delivered faster. Many a cruise my bags will be outside my door and most of the hall is empty or still in progress. 

Just check my documents for our December Legend cruise.  We are Platinum and the luggage tags do not have priority listed as on pass cruises.  I checked and FTTF is available for purchase at $89.95 and it still lists priority check-in as a feature of FTTF.    

• Like 1

Just now, JMAE said:

Just check my documents for our December Legend cruise.  We are Platinum and the luggage tags do not have priority listed as on pass cruises.  I checked and FTTF is available for purchase at $89.95 and it still lists priority check-in as a feature of FTTF.    

So do you think people who have purchased FTTF are going to get to board before Diamond and Platinum guest ? Boarding and bag's and laundry are the perks i enjoy the most

FTTF is not available for Mardi Gras cruises at this time or I would purchase it.

I can see Carnival not doing priority boarding, but they should have given higher tiered people an option of checking in online a day earlier so they would have the first option of earlier boarding.  An early appointment time is important to our family since we have to check out of a hotel and like boarding the ship early.  If the appointment times are late afternoon, we will have to figure something out.  My only option of trying to get an early time is checking in at midnight.

• Like 1

I think any way they can make money versus giving perks is the way they are going to proceed, at least temporarily. I can't see them selling FTTF and not giving them priority boarding without a refund. Just my opinion. Yes it is a perk of long time cruisers, but the cruise lines are stuck between sailing or now, making more money to drive revenue, and get back to normal. If it upsets a few people for a few months then so be it. 

Personally, I think they want quick lines, less crowds, and no waiting. Get through security fast, get through check-in fast, and straight onto the ship. I think this will be the go to plan for at least the first few weeks to months.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

I think any way they can make money versus giving perks is the way they are going to proceed, at least temporarily. I can't see them selling FTTF and not giving them priority boarding without a refund. Just my opinion. Yes it is a perk of long time cruisers, but the cruise lines are stuck between sailing or now, making more money to drive revenue, and get back to normal. If it upsets a few people for a few months then so be it. 

Personally, I think they want quick lines, less crowds, and no waiting. Get through security fast, get through check-in fast, and straight onto the ship. I think this will be the go to plan for at least the first few weeks to months.

Did they change the wording on the description of FTTF and take our priority boarding? If not, then they should definitely allow it or give people refunds.

14 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Did they change the wording on the description of FTTF and take our priority boarding? If not, then they should definitely allow it or give people refunds.

The first page says people who bought fttf still have it on their luggage tags. I'm sure they will still get it since they paid for it.

Its those with priority boarding as a loyalty perk who no longer have it. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Nothing has changed as far as I can tell. I just bought it last week for November. Per the Carnival site, FTTF gets you. It does state the Diamond, Platinum, and suites too. But maybe they are changing that on the level perks. 

Priority Security, Check-in and Boarding
A dedicated security and check-in lane has been set aside for all Priority guests on embarkation day. FTTF guests will board after VIFP Diamond, Platinum and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.  

My personal feeling is this for 2021

1. Mardi Gras does not have it because they say 15 minutes from parking your car until you are on the ship. They will have to see how that goes.
  2. Priority boarding will continue with Diamond Platinum, Suite, and FTTF guests. The earliest boarding times will be saved for these people. The Port or cruise line will not allow people in until their time slot and be strict about turning people away. 5 minutes early, go back over there in the hot sun and wait 5 minutes.
  3. This is an assumption because I don't know. Diamond, Platinum, and Suite guests go through their special security and check-in. FTTF goes through their special check-in. I think this will be walk through and walk onboard, no more waiting around in that terminal waiting area.

Once these groups are clearing out, the next boarding window gets invited in to the same process. By limiting the number coming in, you eliminate the crowding in the terminal and make it free flowing. But the Port and terminal has to strictly enforce it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I thought we couldnt check in until 30 days before the cruise date. How are you able to get in already. Are you sure your vipf number is on your booking. Idk that anyone is within 30 days of sail date to go in and fill out the information. 

I know your question about time frame for luggage tags has already been answered, but I wanted to add that rather recently CCL adjusted the Check-In date back to 90 days prior to departure, but (shock shock shock) . . . their wonderful IT department is still having challenges with the mixed messaging between the mobile app and the main web site.  

18 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

My personal feeling is this for 2021...

Priority boarding will continue with Diamond Platinum, Suite, and FTTF guests. The earliest boarding times will be saved for these people. The Port or cruise line will not allow people in until their time slot and be strict about turning people away. 5 minutes early, go back over there in the hot sun and wait 5 minutes.

I notice on my Pride documents, "PRIORITY" has disappeared from both the luggage tags and the first page with the itinerary.  Confirmed this by comparing today's online version with the version I saved as .pdf a couple weeks ago. 

I'm not concerned with the luggage tags because we always pack everything into one carry-on and one backpack each (learned this sanity-saving trick years ago while training around Europe) but not seeing it on the itinerary page, which seems kinda like the boarding pass somehow based on past cruises, is making my blood start to boil (we're Platinum) unless it's temporary due to covid.  Don't make me run around the cruise terminal like Jerry's uncle Leo screaming "SERENNNITTYYY  NOOWWWW!!!"...

I don't know what previous luggage tags look like. I can only assume the pics I looked up are accurate. All mine has is our name, Ship, room number, and a location guide (FWD-P). I think that would be Forward Port side maybe. In a picture I saw, PRIORITY is kind of stamped vertically on the right side of the tag with the FTTF stamp kind of top right. There is no "PRIORITY" on my luggage tags. I am 25 weeks out so lots can change in the time period.

5 hours ago, Beave8920 said:

I've often wondered that myself!  There's never been a consistency on when we've received our luggage!

Probably just a feel good thing Carnival does to make you feel special!  I'm sure the guys in the baggage room could care less!!!!!

No, your luggage does not come earlier if it says priority.  I asked this question years ago on this board and priority does not refer to your luggage.

6 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

I'm going to edit mine to say VIFP Diamond!

Dam way better than forging a vaccine card!! Should have thought of that myself long ago. lol  (And before anyone jumps on me NO I Wouldnt do either of those)

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, gopackgo21 said:

According to JH on Facebook, they won't have priority boarding until the CDC guidelines are lifted. I'm assuming this has to do with socially distanced boarding and testing, etc. 

Somebody has to get on the ship first. I don't understand why the Priority people can't get on first following the CDC guidelines.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Wedding parties

There are not usually many of them.  The amount of wedding party people shouldn't prohibit Diamond and Platinum getting on too.

Edited by cruises42