Joy / Live / Solo / *Not...

sid_9169

29 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

I am so sorry your cruise did not happen.  We were all looking forward to another live review.  Just one question.  Who's job is it now to wake the sleepers up in the Observation Lounge?

I think @sid_9169 should continue this review as a "virtual" cruise...I'm sure he could find folks sleeping in random places in Atlanta. Though, waking them may be a bad idea....

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

If you're an avid Cruise Critic reader, then you all know where the story goes from here... I had considered switching to the Gem from the Dominican Republic, but then it ended up getting the kibosh as well. I also looked into Royal Caribbean out of Nassau, but I still haven't made up my mind on that one. This morning, I even checked out the Celebrity Edge, but it costs wayyy more than my budget allows. I believe that my strategy going forward is to just try and have hope that my Virgin Voyages Scarlet Lady cruise at the end of September actually happens. I've been working on the Review for that since January of last year, and have been cancelled on and rebooked on it 5 different times now. If it does, then it'll be my first "Birthday cruise" since 2019, and I guess my first cruise at all since the World fell apart at the beginning of 2020... After that, my long awaited Carnival Mardi Gras cruise will hopefully happen... Until then, thank you all again for reading about my "little journey" that never actually occurred... 

Sorry your Joy cruise was cancelled. Love that you are exploring other options to get your cruise fix.

We are looking to replace our cancelled Gem trip. Royal Caribbean out of Nassau is looking good to me. Adventure of the Seas was the first ship we ever sailed on. It was only a year old at the time, and went to St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Aruba and Curacao out of San Juan. We were hooked after that. Nothing is the same as a cruise!

I may wait to book until after Tony from La Lido Loca gets back from his trip out of Nassau to hear all about it. Hope you find something that works for you.

• Like 2

Waaaaaaay back last April when our 21 day NY to Seattle cruise on the Bliss was cancelled, our group on that other social media page decided to do a virtual cruise, day by day.  We spoke of what we did, where we ate, what shows we saw, what excursions we took, what games we played, etc.  Didn't make up for a real cruise but it was a lot of fun and took the edge off our disappointment.

• Like 7

18 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I believe that my strategy going forward is to just try and have hope that my Virgin Voyages Scarlet Lady cruise at the end of September actually happens. I've been working on the Review for that since January of last year, and have been cancelled on and rebooked on it 5 different times now. If it does, then it'll be my first "Birthday cruise" since 2019

Sid, don’t you have more than one Virgin Voyages cruise to look forward to? What happened to your original cruise that ended up turning into a B2B?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blarko said:

Sid, don’t you have more than one Virgin Voyages cruise to look forward to? What happened to your original cruise that ended up turning into a B2B?

That one has now been moved out to May 2022, after the latest round of cancellations... Turns out, that the "Free Cruise" will be only their second sailing out of Miami, God willing...

• Like 4

I've been too busy to follow the ATL thread for the past 5-6 weeks, so sorry to hear about the Joy cancellation Sid.  I think we're at the end of this mess though, we'll all be cruising shortly.  

• Like 2