Fake vaccine cards

52 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

UK announced yesterday they are scraping all plans for a covid passport.  Boris Johnson stated not only are their ethical concerns but after 5 months no one can come up with a workable plan.  Covid is about to burn itself out and be replaced by the flu..

I predicted this 6 months ago for the reasons cited.  Good time is correct that all this gibberish will soon be forgotten. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well, I for one cannot wait until my cruise at the end of August, where, I won't be offended when I have to show a piece of paper that says I was vaccinated. Lots of very sensitive people I guess can't handle that. I find it odd, but in today's world, not surprising that people look for things to be outraged against! :classic_wacko:

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, tcrandal said:

Well, I for one cannot wait until my cruise at the end of August, where, I won't be offended when I have to show a piece of paper that says I was vaccinated. Lots of very sensitive people I guess can't handle that. I find it odd, but in today's world, not surprising that people look for things to be outraged against! :classic_wacko:

Rcl has applied to do test cruises from florida and texas. I'd say it's a good chance they are doing unvaccinated cruises. Not sure why you assume otherwise. 

I guess you could be another going from nassau. Yes those are different than from usa. 

Edited by firefly333

I really don't care, you guys can debate back and forth all you want, I'll be onboard living it up either way, whether or not a vaccine and proof of is required. Seems people care a bit too much about silly things. By all means though, people can choose to stand their ground, I'm sailing regardless, so no skin off my back. 

Edited by tcrandal

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

And that life ban should be from the entire grouping.

Not likely because even cruise lines need to provide  at least some procedural due process if not substantive due process. Its fundamentally unfair to penalize innocent passengers

Edited by Stallion
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I'm very curious as to if anyone has been requested to show proof of the Covid vaccination. 

If so, please post it up. Where & who requested it?

My law firm has asked for vaccination cards for their records

Just a reminder it's been 8 sweeks since the Texas Rangers opening day, mask free sell out w/ a 38,000 in attendence and it was called a 'super spreader'.  There was vaxed and unvaxed in the crowd that day and no proof of vaccine was required to attend. There was no break out of covid because of this either. 

I really think all this stuff is going to die the covid death and just slowly fade away & disappear. 

• Like 3

I'm getting back to normal like most, but I really can't believe how many want to pretend there aren't nearly 600,000 people dead in the US and over 3 million in the world because of this thing that caused everyone to whine about missing golf, wearing a mask and a possibility of having to show a proof of vaccine. 

I wonder if the same people complaining about the violation of showing a vaccine card are also opposed to voter ID? Same concept, and I'm consistent on both, I think both are an excellent idea. 

Whatever side you are on, if you have opposite standpoints with either one, I'd question why proving you are who you are, or you did what you are saying is a bad thing? 

Logic > Emotional stands for rights in 'merica

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Stallion said:

My law firm has asked for vaccination cards for their records

My daughter is going back to the office tomorrow for the first time. Brand new building for her company in Chicago, and if they want to go without a mask on their floor, they had to submit proof of vaccination. Masks required in common areas.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, jules815 said:

My daughter is going back to the office tomorrow for the first time. Brand new building for her company in Chicago, and if they want to go without a mask on their floor, they had to submit proof of vaccination. Masks required in common areas.

Yep, Red Cross is requiring it as well of employees in NY if they are to go mask-less. The place I work, they are doing the honor system, so many places are still feeling out their way in unchartered territories. 

41 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Just a reminder it's been 8 sweeks since the Texas Rangers opening day, mask free sell out w/ a 38,000 in attendence and it was called a 'super spreader'.  There was vaxed and unvaxed in the crowd that day and no proof of vaccine was required to attend. There was no break out of covid because of this either. 

I really think all this stuff is going to die the covid death and just slowly fade away & disappear. 

Just got back to Michigan and even here Sports wide open, Masks are starting to become a Bad Memory. Went in Walmart here in March 100% wearing, today 10%. Was nice on a Beautiful day to walk around Mask Free, can see Smile on everyone's faces. Next, Herd Immunity here is very near

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I definitely think that the US is headed in the right direction, and we're getting closer to normalcy by the day. Like you said, it is still going to be a gradual process, and COVID might very well "slowly fade away & disappear".

With that said, cruise lines restarting is indeed a slow and gradual process, and it is unreasonable for one to think that they will open the floodgates and not require any sort of vaccination for the first sailings. I do think that vaccines won't be required by early 2022 (that's just my personal guess), but it is in the cruise lines' best interest to have a restart taking chances in the range of close to zero. Fully vaccinated cruises are palatable to public agencies, the media, and consumers in general. Surveys have indicated that an overwhelming majority (~80%) of cruisers want the first cruises out of the US to be fully vaccinated.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/suzannerowankelleher/2021/03/20/youve-got-to-be-vaccinated-for-these-summer-cruises---and-tickets-are-selling-fast/?sh=5d55d1ee1f23

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/fl-bz-cruise-poll-vaccine-requirement-20210601-agno7majjvhohbameyabhj2pim-story.html - a more recent survey conducted over Memorial Day weekend

The reason for Royal's test cruises is not so that they can open the doors to unvaccinated passengers for the first sailings; rather, it has been confirmed that only passengers under 12 will be able to board unvaccinated. Royal does not want to turn away families in order to meet the 95% vax requirement. Celebrity is going the 95% route. According to a 2018 CLIA industry report, approximately 9% of cruisers are under the age of 12, and this percentage has likely increased over time and may be higher for Royal ships.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

UK announced yesterday they are scraping all plans for a covid passport.  Boris Johnson stated not only are their ethical concerns but after 5 months no one can come up with a workable plan.  Covid is about to burn itself out and be replaced by the flu..

Do you have a source for the U.K. thing? As recently as last Friday he gave an interview saying he wanted the G7 to work together to come up with solutions for Covid issues, including providing passports. 

8 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

They did not... The UK are not making it law that the UK Covid passport must be used to gain entry to a large venue. The official reason was that visitors to the UK would not have access to the NHS app.

The so called UK "Covid Passport" or Proof of Immunisation NHS app will be required for adult foreign travel.

As far as I can see there is nothing to prevent private venues from requiring the app as proof before allowing entry.

Edited by Stevio
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Though there may not be any plans for a covid passport per se , we have a  NHS app which amongst other functions shows your vaccination status. You can download a pdf or scan a qr code from there.  There are a lot of security hurdles to setting up the NHS app so it's not easy to fake 

It does say that this will be needed for international travel .

Yesterday was the first day we achieved zero deaths in the UK

BTW I read today that Boris is keen to set up a travel corridor for fully vaccinated folk between USA and UK. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/84fbdd28-c30a-11eb-a26e-4c086490cfe1?shareToken=00024aed57d93e1f1f1083d6b326fc49

Edited by sgmn

8 hours ago, Stallion said:

Not likely because even cruise lines need to provide  at least some procedural due process if not substantive due process. Its fundamentally unfair to penalize innocent passengers

I don't mean like ban the people they are with. I mean ban the lying passenger from the entire cruise company. So if caught lying to board Cunard for instance you get banned from all 7 carnival group cruise lines, Cunard, P&O, Costa etc. If caught for Royal you get banned from Royal and Celeb and whatever else they own.

On 6/1/2021 at 1:13 AM, PhoenixCruiser said:

What a sad world we live in if someone uses a fake vaccination card to get on a cruise.  It's not like one has to pay for the vaccine.

I'm just so done with selfish people.

Some people don't trust the hasty production of the vaccine or the unknown short to long term effects of an unproven, unapproved vaccine.  I don't think it's "selfish" to have some trepidation over getting a shot of something that once it's in you, cannot be retracted.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, bouhunter said:

Good post.  Yesterday I drove by a teenager walking all alone outdoors, no one within 100 yards of him.  He was wearing a mask.  Both funny and sad.

The future is scary.

21 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Do you have a link that states that every RCI cruises needs vaccinated cruisers only?  I believe that the 95% rule is in place for the Alaska cruises only and no official list has been mentioned as to whether individual ships sailing the Caribbean will be taking the test cruise route or the 95% route.

Yes for the cruises leaving Southampton (UK) starting in July everyone over 18 must be twice jabbed with a two week wait window. RCI rules.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jp2746 said:

I’m going to get crushed for this but here it goes.  I am only posting because I care and not to cause problems. Otherwise I would just let it go.  

Please stop allowing the powers that be to win.  Please.  They have tried to turn us against each other forever because we have different color skin. The absolute stupidest reason in the world to assess a persons character.  Now they are using the vaccine to split us. The vaccinated think unvaccinated people are selfish and uninformed.  The unvaccinated think the vaccinated are sheep and uninformed.  Stop falling into the trap.  We don’t have these feelings about the flu vaccine.   It kills thousands of people a year.  Just stop.  Care about people and do kind things for others.  Stop allowing them to turn us against each other.  Regardless if you believe this is happening or not, be kind to vaccinated and unvaccinated people. It’s okay to disagree but it’s not okay to hate or wish ill  on others because of their vaccination status. 

stepping down off my soapbox now. 

Well stated.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tcrandal said:

but I really can't believe how many want to pretend there aren't nearly 600,000 people dead in the US

I can't believe how many don't realize we changed the definition of "death" 'for covid that's inconsistent with every other way to judge a death of every other disease.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I think it's a sad world we live in if somone is required to even show a vaccine card.  I'll refuse to show mine as well. And I don't think I'll have to either. I've had my vaccine card for 12 weeks. I have been to many places, public & private and only Doctor has asked me if I was vaccinated.  I don't even carry it w/ me. This whole ordeal is being overblown big time. 

Why your reluctance to show a vaccination card? It is not like you are disclosing your medical records. It is just a vaccination record. Being vaccinated should be something all should be proud to disclose as you have done your part for our country to reach safe herd immunity.

• Like 7