NCL Pepsi Products

BKNYChick

My customers used to come in for an HK special, Big Mac Combo with Coke, xtra pickles and xtra mac sauce.

It would be awesome if NCL had a McDonalds on board where customers could get a meal with a rum and coke or dark and stormy

2 hours ago, Shidah said:

Maybe that is why McDonalds Diet Coke is the best.  It seriously has the perfect combo of syrup and carbonation.  I’m addicted to large $1 McD’s diet cokes the same way people are addicted to Starbucks.  They just make me so happy!

I’m addicted to Starbucks sugar free vanilla lattes. My husband is addicted to McDonalds Diet Coke. Our Sunday morning coffee run always has McDonalds  Diet Coke as well since it’s across the street from Starbucks 

It's hard to get a diet formula to taste good, so those of us no longer mainlining the corn syrup stuff have a right to be picky. But onboard you aren't gonna cross the coke/pepsi products line because they give a special deal to stay exclusively one family or the other including more than just drink products. And those combo dispensing machines give incredible variety of dozens of diet flavors within a family, but seem a nightmare to keep in service even on land.

Everyone here is overlooking a huge way to spice up mediocre sugarless drinks - those super concentrated "liquid water enhancers" like Mio. I was very skeptical but tried it for the first time today in seltzer water and it was a blast. Very sharp complex tastes from just a couple squirts from tiny squeeze bottles that don't have to be refrigerated. I tried this after finding my diet coke bottles enhanced from a squirt from the spigot of box red wine. Something like Mio will turbocharge ho-hum colas, lemon limes, or even water over the course of a cruise.

Almost the only liquid that touches my lips is diet coke, and only that let me pull away from the brink of diabetes. You all who can tolerate corn syrup or booze may have to consider the diet stuff later in life. Most diet flavors are ghastly, but with repetition diet coke tasted to me like chocolate. I may even switch to seltzer with these squeeze flavors because in spite of the price they up your flavor satisfaction so dramatically.

P.S. Kudos to NCL and folks helping here who just cashed me out of 4 cruises worth of FCC and deposits.

Edited by dumbth

5 hours ago, prov2727 said:

NOOO- I love the Pepsi. Had to sneak my Mountain Dews onto Holland. You can get Coke at most ports but no one had Mountain Dew.

Not sure why, but I believe that Mt. Dew is banned in some European countries and the UK. Probably the dye that they use that is rumoured to sterilize men.

4 hours ago, Red-Sol said:

One other thing I forgot...to me the aftertaste of Pepsi reminds me of what drinking perfume must taste like (Not that I have any experience with drinking perfume 😉 )

on the other hand, ive been drinking pepsi for about the past 65 years, and dont ever recall there being an after taste. by the way, im 73

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zdcatc12 said:

Not sure why, but I believe that Mt. Dew is banned in some European countries and the UK. Probably the dye that they use that is rumoured to sterilize men.

The ingredient Brominated vegetable oil (BVO) is banned in the UK and the EU. Bromine can irritate skin and the moist lining of the nose, mouth, lungs and stomach.

So in the UK we have a far inferior tasting Mountain dew energy. You can definitely taste the difference. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Yinster said:

The ingredient Brominated vegetable oil (BVO) is banned in the UK and the EU. Bromine can irritate skin and the moist lining of the nose, mouth, lungs and stomach.

So in the UK we have a far inferior tasting Mountain dew energy. You can definitely taste the difference. 

Thanks for the info. I thought it was, but never knew why.

6 minutes ago, zdcatc12 said:

Thanks for the info. I thought it was, but never knew why.

I prefer the original so whenever I find somewhere that sells it, I drink lots. Life's little pleasure 

• Like 1

On 6/1/2021 at 5:19 PM, Red-Sol said:

Any true Coke or Pepsi lover can easily tell which is which in a blind taste test...Coke for me as I find Pepsi to be too sweet.

Agreed.  Coke is the only one for me.  Rum and Pepsi just doesn't cut it for me.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, zdcatc12 said:

We have Mountain Dew (very rare to see) but the formula is different as HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup) use is restricted in the EU & UK.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Yinster said:

On the UK Mountain dew website:

image.png.19b1439758be28759b0626e6a0dbfc31.png

https://mountaindew.co.uk/questions

I guess BVO is part of the second reason (ingredients) they don't disclose in the statement above 😂

They say there are two reasons and then go on to mention just one..... very open 😂

Edited by ziggyuk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

We have Mountain Dew (very rare to see) but the formula is different as HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup) use is restricted in the EU & UK.

The stuff we have is not the US mountain dew. Any I have found have been manufactured from another country, usually one in Asia. The usual supermarkets and stores sell that horrible energy stuff which I hate

I prefer my rum and cokes to be made with Pepsi.  And dark rum.  I find the extra sweetness provides a better flavor.

Anywho, to the OP, there are also non-carbonated zero sugar drinks.  Kiwi-Strawberry water, and a Mango one too, I think.  There is Diet Mountain Dew, at least from US sailings, but you'll only find it in the vending machines in the arcade.  If you don't have the drink package that's not a big deal, but if you have the package then it means you're paying for soft drinks that would otherwise be included.

On 6/1/2021 at 4:55 PM, complawyer said:

on a blind taste test, could you actually tell the difference? would it make a difference to you if the drink was called rum and cola or jack and cola?

I can generally tell there is something different.  DW is much more discerning. She'll ID a rum/bourbon and non-Coke almost 100%, send it back, and have a bourbon and ginger. 

Growing up, I actually always preferred the taste of Pepsi but my mom never bought it. As an adult, I much prefer diet soda and especially Coke Zero. Diet Pepsi just doesn’t do it for me. My wife is a diehard classic Coke fan, even getting her onto a ship with Pepsi products takes some doing. 😆 Thank God there’s gelato, and crêpes! 

• Like 1

I got braces on my teeth in 1964, the same year that Diet Pepsi was introduced, and my orthodontist counseled against drinking Coke.   We were a Pepsi family and Tab was plain awful.  I stayed with Diet Pepsi from Saccharine to Aspartame, but in 2013, 49 years into Diet Pepsi's run, they changed from Aspartame to Sucralose.  It. Just. Didn't. Taste. Right.  So I switched to Diet Coke, which stayed with Aspartame.  I have season tickets to the Arizona Diamondbacks, though, and had to settle for Diet Pepsi in the ballpark, where Pepsi had the monopoly.  In 2017, Coke reformulated and renamed Coke Zero to Coke Zero Sugar.  I tried it and it is now what I buy.  In 2018 Diet Pepsi reverted from Sucralose to Aspartame.  Now I'm so confused I can drink any of them.  I recently got served a Diet RC, though.  It was a bridge too far.  Anyway, I'm OK with Diet Pepsi on NCL.  My wife, however, has been drinking

Caffeine-Free Diet Coke since the mid-80s and is not so flexible.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2021 at 8:17 PM, BKNYChick said:

There is a year and a half wait for my next cruise and I don't mind... we all need this Corona business to be a memory... HOWEVER, in preparation, I need this post to get to someone at the cruise line, on behalf of all the diabetic diet soda drinkers PLEASE improve your sugar free soda options!!!! Pepsi Zero, Diet Mountain Dew and Diet Pepsi Wild Cherry -- NEED to be added... Diet Pepsi and Diet Sierra Mist CANNOT be the only carbonated drinks we are provided... I'm sure Pepsi Co wouldn't mind the increase in purchase! 

Thanks! 

I agree with you.  Perhaps you should write to NCL and make the suggestion and get your friends to write NCL also.

On 6/5/2021 at 8:18 PM, kpjb said:

I prefer my rum and cokes to be made with Pepsi.  And dark rum.  I find the extra sweetness provides a better flavor.

Anywho, to the OP, there are also non-carbonated zero sugar drinks.  Kiwi-Strawberry water, and a Mango one too, I think.  There is Diet Mountain Dew, at least from US sailings, but you'll only find it in the vending machines in the arcade.  If you don't have the drink package that's not a big deal, but if you have the package then it means you're paying for soft drinks that would otherwise be included.

There are vending machines in the arcade? So I wouldn't have to pay tips on top of the $3.25 charge for a can of Mountain Dew? That would be awesome.

On 6/8/2021 at 1:58 PM, prov2727 said:

There are vending machines in the arcade? So I wouldn't have to pay tips on top of the $3.25 charge for a can of Mountain Dew? That would be awesome.

They are in 20oz bottles, so they're probably more than $3.25, but yes.  

• Like 1