New - Who’s on Board

clivey

I know there had been a thread before where you could post which crew members were on each ship.  I hope it’s ok to start a new one for the start up of sailing again. I know some of you may stay in touch with crew members (I have anyway) and I’m anxious to see who we know are returning and to which ship.  It could be updated as we start sailing and see those smiling faces again!

Besides Capt Kate, does anyone else know any other crew members who will be on the Edge?  I’m partial to Martini Bartenders and of course who the CD will be.

Thanks!!

11 minutes ago, clivey said:

I know there had been a thread before where you could post which crew members were on each ship.  I hope it’s ok to start a new one for the start up of sailing again. I know some of you may stay in touch with crew members (I have anyway) and I’m anxious to see who we know are returning and to which ship.  It could be updated as we start sailing and see those smiling faces again!

Besides Capt Kate, does anyone else know any other crew members who will be on the Edge?  I’m partial to Martini Bartenders and of course who the CD will be.

Thanks!!

I do not believe that crew members names are allowed to be posted on CC.

19 hours ago, clivey said:

Thanks!!

Lynn,

The last thread was very long running but ran into trouble here and with Celebrity.  In fact Celebrity banned the member and explicitly stated that crew members names cannot be posted.  But people do seem to keep track of where the Captains are and tend to post that information within other threads.  But only for the captains (like captain Kate) that are active on social media and post about it themselves.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For the marquee staff like Captain Kate and Cruise Director Sue who are active (by choice) on social media, I get it, the info is meant to be shared.

However, for others on staff, it has always seemed creepy and stalker-like to me.

JMO. 

Edited by EatonDoolittle
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

For the marquee staff like Captain Kate and Cruise Director Sue who are active (by choice) on social media, I get it, the info is meant to be shared.

However, for others on staff, it has always seemed creepy and stalker-like to me.

JMO. 

Even if all you are doing is posting a copy of the biographies in the Celebrity Today published on embarkation day (Solstice Dec 23 2019 sailing below)?

image.thumb.png.886c6e1d6fc6e5625dc4b1316d9082c5.png

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Considering that Celebrity itself advertises Captain Kate’s leadership of edge, they can hardly complain when someone reposts that information

from my morning inbox:

It's not due to reposting info that was made public...the issue was continually contacting people off the ship to find out when they would be back, what ship they would be on, what they are doing etc. These people aren't celebrities (get it?? okay bad pun).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

It's not due to reposting info that was made public...the issue was continually contacting people off the ship to find out when they would be back, what ship they would be on, what they are doing etc. These people aren't celebrities (get it?? okay bad pun).

So it seems as though people ask the crew/staff for their personal contact information?  That is creepy and Celebrity should make a firm policy that it is not allowed!  Talk about putting a butler, bartender etc in a very awkward position.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

So it seems as though people ask the crew/staff for their personal contact information?  That is creepy and Celebrity should make a firm policy that it is not allowed!  Talk about putting a butler, bartender etc in a very awkward position.  

I would tend to agree. But you see frequently posts about they keep in touch with such and such, they found them on Facebook, etc. The introvert in me is cordial and friendly, but I also don't need to befriend the crew. Out of curiosity, the guest policy actually states the expectation fairly well. 

"Our crew members are friendly, outgoing, and helpful, and they will do their very best to make a guest’s vacation as enjoyable as possible. Please do not misinterpret their friendliness. Crew members are not permitted to socialize with guests beyond their professional duties..."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

I guess it could be creepy, but please don't  make that a general statement.  I am in touch with several crew members we have sailed with many, many times, dating back to the early 90's.  I got their contact information initiated FROM them, without ever asking and putting them in an awkward position.  They offered it to me - I never asked.  I occasionally chat with them on Facebook - I do not, and would not, ever hang out with them during a sailing as it would not seem appropriate and I do not want to get them in any trouble (except when they are managers and invite me to have coffee or something similar, which has happened on occasion).  

• Like 1

I think we can make this very safe and simple.  We  should not post crew members names and information here on Cruise Critic.  The only exception is for those crew members that have very public and active social media accounts and presence (like Captain Kate).  Even there the safest thing is just post a link to her posts or videos.

• Like 1

Contrast with Crystal Cruises, which puts information up for all its sailings, not just on top officers but also entertainers and lecturers.

For example, for their first restart cruise:

https://www.crystalcruises.com/voyage/nassau-roundtrip-ocy210703-07?type=Ocean&content=%2Ftour%2Fentertainment%2Focy210703-07%3Fvoyageid%3Docy210703-07%26backto%3DVoyage&scrollto=onboard#onboard

20 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

Contrast with Crystal Cruises, which puts information up for all its sailings, not just on top officers but also entertainers and lecturers.

https://www.crystalcruises.com/voyage/nassau-roundtrip-ocy210703-07?type=Ocean&content=%2Ftour%2Fentertainment%2Focy210703-07%3Fvoyageid%3Docy210703-07%26backto%3DVoyage&scrollto=onboard#onboard

I didn’t realize how much I missed the speakers until I read their biographies. Definitely checking out this cruise line🚢

1 hour ago, FlyerTalker said:

As does Azamara for senior officers, although during the last year the information has gotten out of date with lack of sailing and staff changes.

On 6/2/2021 at 9:03 AM, Ride-The-Waves said:

Who is one First.  What is one Second...

???

Did you mean "on," rather than "one"? ... As in Abbot and Costello's "Who's on first ... What's on second ... I don't know's on third"?

If so, here are the other "crew members":

The left (port) fielder is "Why".

The centerfielder is "Because".

The pitcher (cruise director) is "Tomorrow".

The catcher is "Today".

The shortstop is "I Don't Give a Darn".

The right (starboard) fielder remains unidentified.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, cruising teacher said:

I didn’t realize how much I missed the speakers until I read their biographies. Definitely checking out this cruise line🚢

I've seen outstanding speakers on Celebrity as well, but the entertainment and food  on Crystal is far superior. A dinner at each speciality restaurant included in the price and additional visits are far less than Celebrity  You can find some cruises on Crystal where the per day price is less than or slightly higher than Celebrity.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TeeRick said:

I think we can make this very safe and simple.  We  should not post crew members names and information here on Cruise Critic.  The only exception is for those crew members that have very public and active social media accounts and presence (like Captain Kate).  Even there the safest thing is just post a link to her posts or videos.

Is that what you are suggesting or is that a Cruise Critic rule?  

We met Brittany from Canada who was activities manager on the Edge in 2019. At the time, Eddy Jenkins was the cruise director, and their banter was actually fantastic... much better than the usual "cheer if you don't like doing dishes because you're on vacation!" schtick that seems pervasive amongst CDs.

Per her social media posts, she is back on the Edge, got fully-vaxed (by Celebrity in Galveston) and has just finished her 14 day quarantine.

23 hours ago, Husky61 said:

After reading all the comments on this subject I am happy that I don't care what staff is onboard during my cruise.  Just my opinion.

LOL--- I've addressed my comment below a few ( ???? ) times--- In case some missed it-- here goes--- Again. 

I expressed my opinion on my first ever post, on any site,  about the same thing and within a few minutes was "dragged to the woodshed " by several longtime CCers who do " care ", big time " Who's On Board ".

A few hours later my post was removed because it did not conform to the Guidelines ( No problem-- Understood ).

Luckily for me, a few CCers politely explained the reasoning, which I understand , but , it still doesn't matter to us who the staff are on board. 

Over the years we met so many exceptionally good staff members who made every cruise a wonderful time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1