Unable to log in HAL account

Alphen

I'm having the same problem.   It started yesterday afternoon, so this glitch is lasting a while.  I was able to fill out the feedback form, but I don't know that it went anywhere.

38 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

Same here, maybe the Russian hackers have attacked.

😂 That would be giving HAL IT department too much credit and not enough to the Russian hackers, think it would be a walk in the park to take the HAL website down!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Alphen said:

😂 That would be giving HAL IT department too much credit and not enough to the Russian hackers, think it would be a walk in the park to take the HAL website down!

Probably right!

When I couldn't get in last night, I assumed HAL was doing a major update on their schedules and other economic changes. Since their server is still down this morning, it appears to be something more significant. 

Not only can one not login to their HAL account, but we just noticed the same problem with our Seabourn Account.  The two companies are co-located and share certain things (like their air department) and I guess this means they use the same computer center.  So we can surmise that folks out in Seattle are having some major computer problems.  I took a look at the HAL's FB and Twitter accounts and there is not a word about the situation.

Hank

The site now has a notice at the top of the page.

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties that affect My Account, Online Check-In and booking cruises, shore excursions, dining and gifts. We are working to resolve the issue. Thank you for your patience.

PCC called this morning and didn't have one of our bookings (which I wanted to make changes to) in my account.  I had to give her the booking number and then she was able to find it.  She said she would make the changes and get it into my account.  Then when I tried to find it in My Account - I couldn't get in.  I thought it meant she was still playing with it, but I see it is a general problem.  Hope they get it sorted.  (She said there were problems.)

There are lots of changes happening, everyone just needs to be patient. By June 14th there will be New Protocol called Risk Acceptance Policies in place that if you have an upcoming cruise it will be required to accept. Legal departments are still going over wording. All areas of the your on line page will have some changes.

We are actually lucky we are sailing HAL with the early sailings because Princess is going to require everyone to access these changes on their Medallion App on smart phones or tablets. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

There are lots of changes happening, everyone just needs to be patient. By June 14th there will be New Protocol called Risk Acceptance Policies in place that if you have an upcoming cruise it will be required to accept. Legal departments are still going over wording. All areas of the your on line page will have some changes.

We are actually lucky we are sailing HAL with the early sailings because Princess is going to require everyone to access these changes on their Medallion App on smart phones or tablets. 

Is that going to be something to do with COVID, do you know?

24 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

I actually had already checked into a cruise leaving in January 2022 and another one leaving in April 2022 I did that about two months ago, and then I tried about two days ago to check into my October 2022 cruise and I couldn't because I guess of this new protocol.  It was mentioned when I was trying to check in, but protocol not ready yet.   It will be interesting if I have to recheck into the two cruise I am fully checked into.

2 minutes ago, Lido deck main said:

I actually had already checked into a cruise leaving in January 2022 and another one leaving in April 2022 I did that about two months ago, and then I tried about two days ago to check into my October 2022 cruise and I couldn't because I guess of this new protocol.  It was mentioned when I was trying to check in, but protocol not ready yet.   It will be interesting if I have to recheck into the two cruise I am fully checked into.

Yes, you will most likely need to recheck in to accept the new protocol but with that being said there will most likely be updates and many changes for cruises into 2022. Many of the new protocols being put in place may not be required for you October 2022 but as we move along I am sure the wording will change. The biggest changes right now are for the first 6 months or through the end of 2021.