Crew Quarantine

Roberto256

8 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

I find your comment(s) completely baseless.

Sorry you feel that way.  I was just thinking that since you have this friend who works for Princess and is returning to a ship unvaccinated, that you may hear in good time whether vaccination is offered to them and where they get it.  That would bring clarity to the unknown future date you speculated about in Post #18.  Simple as that. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Syracusefan44 said:

The Princess VP of Sales just stated on a webinar that 100% of the crew will be vaccinated. 

This was only in reference to the Alaska cruises this summer.

11 hours ago, Syracusefan44 said:

They referenced exceptions for “religious and medical” reasons but they had to ensure compliance with the CDC mandate which allows a maximum of 5% of the passengers and 2% of the crew member to be unvaccinated.

Basically 95% of the passengers and 98% of the crew have to be fully vaccinated to comply with the CDC mandates.

Also if you are booking a child under 12 years old the booking system will block you from making a reservation if the ship has reached 5% unvaccinated passengers.  You would then have the option to go on a waitlist. 

He was not up-to-date. CDC has changed that 98% to be 95% of the crew.

53 minutes ago, downsmead said:

If the crew member is sailing on a U.K. seacation cruise, then I believe that crew will not be vaccinated on those sailings. The CDC requirements do not apply outside of US waters.

Which is exactly the case.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

The person I mentioned is not joining a princess ship sailing from a US port.

Thanks that helps   So it maybe the short UK sailings this summer?

5 hours ago, caribill said:

This was only in reference to the Alaska cruises this summer.

Thank you, Bill.  That makes much more sense said that way.

"Beware of half truths, as you might have gotten the wrong half."

- Jack Uldrich

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, some future date after joining the ship.  This thread is full of more back and forth speculation and even though your friend may join the ship not yet vaccinated, perhaps it is happening shortly thereafter.  Perhaps sometime you will get clarification on this.

10 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Sorry you feel that way.  I was just thinking that since you have this friend who works for Princess and is returning to a ship unvaccinated, that you may hear in good time whether vaccination is offered to them and where they get it.  That would bring clarity to the unknown future date you speculated about in Post #18.  Simple as that. 

I read your comment that you already know of a vaccination plan onboard, and perhaps in the future, even I will hear about it.

As none of the people involved have heard anything about a vaccination plan onboard, I was curious as to the source of your information.

The only thing I have heard ... from public news, that several US ports are vaccinating crew members during port calls.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

The only thing I have heard ... from public news, that several US ports are vaccinating crew members during port calls.

And those have been the skeleton crews that have been aboard Covid-19 free ships for months or more.

18 hours ago, caribill said:

He was not up-to-date. CDC has changed that 98% to be 95% of the crew.

I wonder what is it that provides reason for CDC to change its orders.  I get that new information comes along at times with this virus, but moves like these???   Yes, I question a lot, but when lives, livelihoods, freedoms and enjoyment are on the line, shouldn't directives be as concrete as possible.. .... not just some number/statement from ones feelings or the like?  

Coming from a career that assisted and evaluated regulations, most parties were quite supportive with regs that were based upon data and rational procedures.  Frankly, the CDC hasn't demonstrated much of either lately.

On 6/3/2021 at 1:00 PM, Syracusefan44 said:

They referenced exceptions for “religious and medical” reasons but they had to ensure compliance with the CDC mandate which allows a maximum of 5% of the passengers and 2% of the crew member to be unvaccinated.

Basically 95% of the passengers and 98% of the crew have to be fully vaccinated to comply with the CDC mandates.

Also if you are booking a child under 12 years old the booking system will block you from making a reservation if the ship has reached 5% unvaccinated passengers.  You would then have the option to go on a waitlist. 

Am I the only person here who thinks a percentage of the passengers will lie about being vaccinated? So if you allow 5% of the passengers to be unvaccinated, there will actually be a larger percentage unvaccinated because you can buy a fake vaccination card on E-Bay for $10. 

I am fully vaccinated so I'm not so worried about getting COVID and even if I do, the statistics indicate symptoms would be mild and not require hospitalization. But what I do worry about is being stuck in port on a cruise ship for weeks burning my vacation days while health officials decide if it's safe to allow passengers to disembark all because people felt they had a right to lie about being vaccinated.

Honestly with the passenger profile of Princess customers, I'm hoping it won't be problematic but I'm not stepping on a Carnival cruise ship until COVID is under control worldwide!

• Like 1

On 6/3/2021 at 2:48 PM, wowzz said:

All the cruises commencing in the UK in the next few weeks will have unvaccinated crew. As all the pax will be vaccinated,  there is little risk to the pax, and I assume Princess are hoping that there will be no transmission to the crew, given the 100% vaccination status of the passengers.  

For UK summer cruise,  All Crew (not in quarantine) will be vaccinated before passenger services start.

Edited by Nick&Simon

1 hour ago, Nick&Simon said:

For UK summer cruise,  All Crew (not in quarantine) will be vaccinated before passenger services start.

That's news to me! Where did you see that information?

Princess website says that the crew will not be vaccinated.

Edited by wowzz

15 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I'm sure your correct for US cruises,  but how will UK crew be vaccinated? 

I am talking about UK summer cruises (see post #37). The UK crew will be vaccinated by NHS staff coming onboard when in Southampton starting 15th June.

I have no idea what the situation is for US cruises.

Edited by Nick&Simon

1 minute ago, Nick&Simon said:

I am talking about UK summer cruises (see post #37). The UK crew will be vaccinated by NHS staff coming onboard when in Southampton.

I have no idea what the situation is for US cruises.

Interesting - why are foreign nationals getting priority over UK citizens? This will be very poor publicity for Princess. 

How are Princess getting their crew vaccinated, and not P&O,  Saga, Celebrity  etc ?

I'll wait for an official announcement. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Interesting - why are foreign nationals getting priority over UK citizens? This will be very poor publicity for Princess. 

How are Princess getting their crew vaccinated, and not P&O,  Saga, Celebrity  etc ?

I'll wait for an official announcement. 

I think your statement about the other lines operating from the UK isn't correct.

I can't speak to the politics of it, just the practicality.

However, maybe your second sentence explains why your last sentence hasn't happened! Just a thought, I have no insight into Princess's marketing practices.

37 minutes ago, Nick&Simon said:

I think your statement about the other lines operating from the UK isn't correct.

Saga and P&O have officially stated that their crews will not be vaccinated, as have Princess.

3 hours ago, Nick&Simon said:

That isn't correct. You might want to check the statements made.

It's quite clear from the official announcements that the crew will not necessarily be vaccinated when cruises start.

P&O policy:

• Crew will undergo a strict testing and quarantine regime as well as regular testing during their time on board

Saga policy:

Our focus in the first instance is on our guests and ensuring all of them have been vaccinated, we have comprehensive COVID‑19 protocols in place to protect our crew, including quarantine and regular testing and as soon as crew can be vaccinated they will be.

9 minutes ago, wowzz said:

It's quite clear from the official announcements that the crew will not necessarily be vaccinated when cruises start.

P&O policy:

• Crew will undergo a strict testing and quarantine regime as well as regular testing during their time on board

Saga policy:

Our focus in the first instance is on our guests and ensuring all of them have been vaccinated, we have comprehensive COVID‑19 protocols in place to protect our crew, including quarantine and regular testing and as soon as crew can be vaccinated they will be.

Exactly.   "as soon as crew can be vaccinated they will be" is not the same as " officially stated that their crews will not be vaccinated,".

Edited by Nick&Simon

36 minutes ago, Nick&Simon said:

Exactly.   "as soon as crew can be vaccinated they will be" is not the same as " officially stated that their crews will not be vaccinated,".

So, as stated,  the crew will not be vaccinbated when Seacations start. 

16 minutes ago, wowzz said:

So, as stated,  the crew will not be vaccinbated when Seacations start. 

To quote "How are Princess getting their crew vaccinated, and not P&O,  Saga, Celebrity  etc ?".

Their crew on uk operating ships are being vaccinated.

5 hours ago, wowzz said:

so, why hasn't the UK gotten their act together and vaccinated their own citizens by now ???  seems like a UK problem, not a Princess problem ( or any other cruise line )

• Like 1