Allure & Symphony Test Cruises Announced

6 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

My August 2 Mariner is probably going to be canceled - next month sometime 😢.  Not happy with the dates for these test cruises.

We have none on the Mariner for July2 and one for July 19th  don't think either one will be going 

I have written multiple emails to the executive staff and for them not to cancel cruises when test cruises are not even happening until late July or August is completely negligent on their behalf.  I hope they understand the negative PR they are creating by leaving people with few choices.  My sailing is on July 3rd and based on the new test sailing I would say their is almost 0% percent we sail.  Also that fact the Independence is not even in Florida.  It is almost like they want to hold on to our money versus given people choices in future.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, yanks23 said:

I have written multiple emails to the executive staff and for them not to cancel cruises when test cruises are not even happening until late July or August is completely negligent on their behalf.  I hope they understand the negative PR they are creating by leaving people with few choices.  My sailing is on July 3rd and based on the new test sailing I would say their is almost 0% percent we sail.  Also that fact the Independence is not even in Florida.  It is almost like they want to hold on to our money versus given people choices in future.

Those emails will fall on deaf ears.

When you have the President/CEO, Michael Bayley post what he did on FB, it shows a total lack of concern for paying guests on July/August affected by this news. His post was tone deaf and should have included cancellation plans for July/August

Royal simply doesnt care at this point

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, yanks23 said:

Have they responded to the emails?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, molly361 said:

We have none on the Mariner for July2 and one for July 19th  don't think either one will be going 

A bad situation all around, but I think you will at least be put out of your misery soon.  I am unhappy about how long it might take for them to announce August cancellations.  I keep checking for a Plan B, but there isn’t anything anywhere that I am interested in during the early part of August.  Not much point in booking something I am not really excited about during the latter part of August, as by then I will be content to wait for the Mardi Gras on September 4.  If it sails...

• Like 1

First I agree with those that are upset with RC for not officially canceling cruises in July and August and leaving them hanging.

My family is in a bit of a different boat, pun intended. We are booked on Allure October 24th with final payment due July 27. At this point I think the cruise will be going, but without knowing details of how it is all going to work I am not feeling a lot of confidence in paying thousands for our suite before the test sailings. I was hoping this would all be figured out like this month. Sticking with our cruise is going to be a tough decision.

• Like 1

Has any test cruise from any cruise line (not just royal) been announced outside of FL?

I am beginning to wonder if lines are doing 95% cruises outside of FL and test cruises just from canaveral/miami/eveglades/etc.

22 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Have they responded to the emails?

They have here is the contents.  Pretty much a standard pre-written response

Hello Rubin,

Thank you for your return email and additional comments

Your feedback is very important, and I appreciate the time you have taken to share your thoughts regarding your upcoming cruise.

While we cannot guarantee what’s to come due to the fluidity of the situation, we are communicating with our guests at all times of what is to come.

As of right now, we have not made any changes to our July sailings. I know this may not be the response you were hoping for and for that, I am truly sorry.

Once again, we are committed to keeping you up to date with the latest information we receive.  

Rubin, we wish you and your family all the best.

Sincerely,

Tamika Thompson
Executive Office
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, jrapps said:

Has any test cruise from any cruise line (not just royal) been announced outside of FL?

I am beginning to wonder if lines are doing 95% cruises outside of FL and test cruises just from canaveral/miami/eveglades/etc.

CDC has given Carnival approval for test cruises out of Galveston as well as PC and Miami. 

https://www.tampabay.com/news/business/2021/05/29/cdc-gives-carnival-ok-for-test-cruises-from-port-canaveral-miami-galveston/

I'm on the 8/21 Symphony Sailing (double booked on the 8/21 Adventure). This looks hopeful! Just wish there's more details how long AFTER a test cruise the CDC will approve actual cruises. I assume they'll have to review the test cruise data?

• Like 1

Just now, exm said:

I'm on the 8/21 Symphony Sailing (double booked on the 8/21 Adventure). This looks hopeful! Just wish there's more details how long AFTER a test cruise the CDC will approve actual cruises. I assume they'll have to review the test cruise data?

At one point there was a 30 day window after completed test cruise

Here you go: https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/ti-simulated-voyages-cso.html

Requirements Related to the Simulated Voyage After-Action Report (AAR)

A cruise ship operator must observe the following requirements relating to the post-simulation after-action report:

• The cruise ship operator must document in writing any deficiencies observed in its health and safety protocols and describe how the cruise ship operator intends to address those deficiencies prior to applying for a COVID-19 Conditional Sailing Certificate. A deficiency is any significant departure from the cruise ship operator’s health and safety protocols or, if such health and safety protocols are followed, any documented transmission of COVID-19 that requires a change, modification, or adjustment of the operator’s protocols to ensure safer and healthier sailing.
  • The cruise ship operator must report all post-disembarkation test results in aggregate to CDC in the after-action report. To obtain a COVID-19 Conditional Sailing Certificate, cruise ship operators must have at least 75% of all passengers provide their post disembarkation specimen to the selected laboratory for COVID-19 testing. CDC may lower the 75% post-disembarkation testing requirement for future simulated voyages based on lessons learned from previous simulated voyages and other factors.
  • The after-action report must include the cruise ship operator’s assessments and conclusions regarding the efficacy of its health and safety protocols at mitigating the risk of COVID-19 onboard a cruise ship and whether any changes, modifications, or adjustments to these protocols will occur based on “lessons learned” from the simulated voyage.
  • Where appropriate, the cruise ship operator may incorporate into the after-action report discussion of best practices and lessons learned from voyages that occurred outside of U.S. waters during the period of the NSO or CSO and were not a part of the simulation.
  • Where appropriate, the cruise ship operator may incorporate into the after-action report photographic, video, testimonial, or other evidence documenting that the simulated voyage was conducted in accordance with the cruise ship operator’s health and safety protocols and these technical instructions.
  • The after-action report must be submitted to the CDC as soon as practicable at the end of the simulation and as part of the cruise ship operator’s application for a COVID-19 Conditional Sailing Certificate.
  • CDC may conduct such oversight and inspection of simulated voyages as it deems necessary in its discretion, including through in-person or remote means allowing for visual observation. The findings and/or observations of these inspections will be shared with the cruise ship operator and must be incorporated into the operator’s after-action report.

CDC will provide the cruise ship operator with a template for completing the after-action report after approving the operator’s request to conduct a simulated voyage.

"The after-action report must be submitted to the CDC as soon as practicable at the end of the simulation and as part of the cruise ship operator’s application for a COVID-19 Conditional Sailing Certificate."

So that means Royal will submit the report, it will be reviewed and approved. I highly doubt this will happen in a few days, but it matters if this will be in days or weeks...

4 minutes ago, exm said:

So that means Royal will submit the report, it will be reviewed and approved. I highly doubt this will happen in a few days, but it matters if this will be in days or weeks...

Some time ago, I think CDC announced that they will review/approve test sailing reports within 5 days (down from 30).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, yanks23 said:

They have here is the contents.  Pretty much a standard pre-written response

Hello Rubin,

Thank you for your return email and additional comments

Your feedback is very important, and I appreciate the time you have taken to share your thoughts regarding your upcoming cruise.

While we cannot guarantee what’s to come due to the fluidity of the situation, we are communicating with our guests at all times of what is to come.

As of right now, we have not made any changes to our July sailings. I know this may not be the response you were hoping for and for that, I am truly sorry.

Once again, we are committed to keeping you up to date with the latest information we receive.  

Rubin, we wish you and your family all the best.

Sincerely,

Tamika Thompson
Executive Office
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

LIAR. 

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Some time ago, I think CDC announced that they will review/approve test sailing reports within 5 days (down from 30).

I believe that's for the application for the test cruise, not the results. Not 100% sure though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I believe that was for the request to do a test sailing and it was 60 days before the change.  There may not be a time frame for review of the after-action report.

14 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

CDC has given Carnival approval for test cruises out of Galveston as well as PC and Miami. 

https://www.tampabay.com/news/business/2021/05/29/cdc-gives-carnival-ok-for-test-cruises-from-port-canaveral-miami-galveston/

So technically, that article said that those ports all got the CDC approval for their port agreements and were ready for test cruises as a next step.

To my knowledge, there has not YET been a specific carnival ship set to do a test cruise out of Galveston like these Allure and Symphony ones are actually scheduled.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jrapps said:

So technically, that article said that those ports all got the CDC approval for their port agreements and were ready for test cruises as a next step.

To my knowledge, there has not YET been a specific carnival ship set to do a test cruise out of Galveston like these Allure and Symphony ones are actually scheduled.

So what are you reading into that, not following what you are getting at?

1 hour ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

Me too!  Fingers crossed!! Already had two NCL cruises canceled, which is why I came over to this side!

We are on our 5th attempt to take our 25 anniversary cruise- I was dissatisfied with the way NCL was handling cancellations so decided to come back to Royal for this one. We were supposed to leave out of Venice last fall , rebooked Venice for this fall, then Jamaica on Joy and then something out of Miami.

Now we are looking forward to cruising on Symphony .

2 minutes ago, forgotmyCCname said:

We are on our 5th attempt to take our 25 anniversary cruise- I was dissatisfied with the way NCL was handling cancellations so decided to come back to Royal for this one. We were supposed to leave out of Venice last fall , rebooked Venice for this fall, then Jamaica on Joy and then something out of Miami.

Now we are looking forward to cruising on Symphony .

What is your sail date? you might be making your 6th attempt?

Edited by Jimbo

Just now, Jimbo said:

So what are you reading into that, not following what you are getting at?

Sorry, not trying to read into anything. Just curious, has Carnival (or anyone else) submitted for a specific ship/date for a test cruise outside of FL? Just because they are "Ready" to doesn't mean they have or will.

My thought process here is looking back to the whole vaccine issue in FL. No agenda from me personlly, just trying to read the tea leaves to see how the lines may be starting up at each port. So far we have seen lots of great news about specific test cruises in FL. Just waiting to hear if that is also happening outside of FL, or if a lack of that info leans to a different strategy by the cruise lines at those ports.

2 minutes ago, jrapps said:

Sorry, not trying to read into anything. Just curious, has Carnival (or anyone else) submitted for a specific ship/date for a test cruise outside of FL? Just because they are "Ready" to doesn't mean they have or will.

My thought process here is looking back to the whole vaccine issue in FL. No agenda from me personlly, just trying to read the tea leaves to see how the lines may be starting up at each port. So far we have seen lots of great news about specific test cruises in FL. Just waiting to hear if that is also happening outside of FL, or if a lack of that info leans to a different strategy by the cruise lines at those ports.

Wow,  You are thinking way to hard on this...............Royal isn't even giving this much thought into this yet.................They are a fly by the seat of their pants kind of operation right now.