Trouble booking excursions

RachelG

Scout16:  If you go to the first actual port day on your cruise (not the embarkation port or day at sea), just above the beginning of the descriptions, you should have three options to have the excursion list emailed to you, to print it, or to download it.  The emailed list will be for all ports on your cruise.  The print and download options are just for the port that you are looking at.  So, don't use the print option if you want a single document with all of the excursions.  Have it emailed to you (virtually instantaneous) and print that.

As I recall, this option isn't available until a few weeks (days?) before the excursions can be booked which is now a year in advance for some. 

I've also encountered (on a few occasions) where the list and the ability to book on-line aren't in sync.  Calling Regent directly has resolved those few issues.

Edited by Portolan

15 hours ago, CruisetheCs said:

It is a shame that major longstanding problems having to do with the internet, from the website functionality to onboard internet service, just don't seem to get fixed. 

Maybe Frank Del Rio's salary should be tied to internet functionality.  Bet the problems would be prioritized and taken care of in a hurry.  And maybe Regent could hold back a few million dollars of executive compensation and use that to pay some experts to fix the problems.  

now that's a novel and good idea!  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Our last booked cruise, scheduled for May 2020 and cancelled (50th wedding anniversary cruise) had issues with booking excursions, and I had to call Regent directly.  Everything worked out well, until about a month or two later, well before the pandemic stopped world-wide cruising, when I checked our account.  Regent had cancelled our booking as if we had never booked.  Regent eliminated one shore excursion that we specifically chose and the reason for booking this particular cruise.  We were not happy and will consider this when booking/rebooking again with Regent.  Watch for Regent to arbitrarily cancel booked shore excursions.

5 minutes ago, cruiseczarina said:

Our last booked cruise, scheduled for May 2020 and cancelled (50th wedding anniversary cruise) had issues with booking excursions, and I had to call Regent directly.  Everything worked out well, until about a month or two later, well before the pandemic stopped world-wide cruising, when I checked our account.  Regent had cancelled our booking as if we had never booked.  Regent eliminated one shore excursion that we specifically chose and the reason for booking this particular cruise.  We were not happy and will consider this when booking/rebooking again with Regent.  Watch for Regent to arbitrarily cancel booked shore excursions.

WOW, that’s a surprise - that has never happen to me in all the excursions we’ve book.  It does take time to book them so I can see why you’d be upset.

3 hours ago, cruiseczarina said:

Regent had cancelled our booking as if we had never booked.  Regent eliminated one shore excursion that we specifically chose and the reason for booking this particular cruise.

Very seldom have we had an excursion cancelled; from memory it was either because of a change/cancellation of a port or because of a change in the time of docking. Although very disappointing Regent gave an explanation.

What reasons did Regent give in your case?

19 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Very seldom have we had an excursion cancelled; from memory it was either because of a change/cancellation of a port or because of a change in the time of docking. Although very disappointing Regent gave an explanation.

What reasons did Regent give in your case?

Regent had no explanation - just deleted the excursion from our itinerary (carriage ride in Charleston - one of the prime reasons for booking this cruise.)  Our TA said wait a while, they will have additional excursions for you to book.  Never happened.  Two months later, the cruise was cancelled due to covid.  Very disappointed in Regent.  Since our entire cruise was cancelled, we were able to get a 100% refund of our entire cruise fare, only took two months.  Have not booked anything, still waiting for the fallout.