Will You cancel Your Upcoming Cruises if Royal Caribbean Doesn't Require Vaccinations

If Royal Caribbean Doesn't Require Vaccinations will you cancel your cruise?  

436 members have voted

1. 1. How Do You Feel About Royal Caribbean not requesting vaccinations

• We will cancel our upcoming cruise(s) if Royal Caribbean does not require vaccinations
    • We Don't have concerns with with Royal Caribbean not Requiring Vaccinations

3 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

I didn’t tell you that your were wrong, I asked you some questions. Again, if you can’t take it, don’t post. ❄️ ❄️ ❄️ 

Not sure why you feel the need to reply to me, yet you tell me to not reply to you. Feels like a double standard.

Again, I'll post when I want to post.  

Thanks for playing

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I don't think this is correct. I think they have two types of staus for cruisers. Vaccinated and Non-Vaccinated. Then offer a 'status upgrade' at free of charge when you upload a vaccine record.  

Sorry he is correct. I know you keep saying you arent wearing a mask, the cdc requires it.

The whole ship is treated as unvaccinated. You should read the cdc before you keep insisting the cdc protocols dont apply to you. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, coldflame said:

Come to think I think, I probably confused Royal communication with CSO. What If My Cruise Returns Early Due to Confirmed Cases Onboard? | Royal Caribbean Cruises but I know I'm not taking crazy pills. I saw it written either on Royal a news article or somewhere about positives above certain threshold results in early termination of the trip.

I don’t know where else it is, but I saw it on the Carnival website under Travel Alerts. If a certain level of Covid is detected, the cruise is terminated, and the ship will return to port.  There is a link to the CDC, but I did not look further.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal has been sailing in Singapore since last December and other cruise lines have been sailing in Europe without any vaccinated passengers and no major outbreaks. 

I am not sure it is fair to compare their Singapore sailings to the way sailings would happen in the  US. Singapore as a whole has been much more aggressive in tackling Covid. They do full contact tracing on land, wear masks everywhere, had no 2nd or 3rd wave like some states here in the US, and have largely been fine since Aug of last year. The Quantum was sailing @ max 50% capacity, no ports of call, masks, social distancing, full contact tracing on the ship.

Last month, they had a situation of 46 Covid cases on land (not even related to the cruise ship) and they implemented the following on the Quantum as a precaution

• Quantum of the Seas is set to sail at 25% occupancy capacity
  • Group sizes will be limited to two guests per cabin booking.
  • Guest occupancy in public venues will be reduced accordingly, allowing for at least 16 sqm per guest, while theatres will be limited to 50 attendees for each show.
  • Heightened limits will apply to all pools and hot tubs and also at SeaPlex.
  • For dining, we have made adjustments to offer takeaway options, and guests will also enjoy a wide range of choices for room service. 

So yeah, if we were as aggressive in combating Covid as they have been, we too could sail ships @ 25% capacity with masks everywhere and food only in your stateroom. To cite them as an example of cruising without an outbreak woudl only apply if we were going to sail from the US under similar protocols. We won't.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

They aren't. But one can upload or voluntarily show their record. 

That may be how they get proof of vaccination so there is no fine in Florida.

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Sorry he is correct. I know you keep saying you arent wearing a mask, the cdc requires it.

The whole ship is treated as unvaccinated. You should read the cdc before you keep insisting the cdc protocols dont apply to you. 

Heck I never said they didn't apply to me... Hell I'm not on a ship until Aug 202. By then the world will be rediscovered. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Once your vax record this is shown/uploaded 'voluntarily' ,  you'll be allowed to go 'freely' w/ a different type/color of 'tracelet'. RCL is very good at this.

I will believe this when I see it. I expect some to call this out as being even more "big brother" than requiring the vaccine in the first place.

It's my belief that the real issue with most cruisers will be the ability to enjoy a cruise w/o invasive covid protocals, and not the issue of 100% vaxed cruises. If they make too uncomfortable for non-vaxers to go on a cruise, they won't go or they vax up. If they make comfortable & covid free protocals for vaxed cruisers, they'll get on a ship & go. 

It appears thar RCL has decided to actually police the cruisers. It should be very interesting to see how the herd the masses from one another and keep the vaxers & non vaxers seperated.

This I agree with. If they truly make it so difficult for non-vaccinated to go that they either cancel, or decide to vax, then this makes sense but only if they police it. They also need to the CDC to continue to adjust their policies to allow vaccinated to go mask free everywhere on a sailing with under 95% vaccinated on the ship. fingers crossed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Babr said:

That may be how they get proof of vaccination so there is no fine in Florida.

Rcl isnt doing partially vaccinated cruises. It's one or the other. They choose unvaccinated. So cdc does require masks worn by all. They arent going around checking who is and who isnt.

I'm not a cdc fan. I think they are ruining cruises, but nothing I can do. I'm not going to refuse to wear a mask.

26 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Everyone on board will be treated as unvaccinated. Masks, distancing, controlled access. 

Not from what I saw posted on the blog.  No mask restriction for vaccinated.  Masks and other restrictions in certain areas for unvaccinated. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Heck I never said they didn't apply to me... Hell I'm not on a ship until Aug 202. By then the world will be rediscovered. 

Ok you talk of uploading your vaccine card. I'm just sticking with how the rules are now. 

Cant read the date, you can still edit the year. 202 .. 2022? 2023?

Just now, firefly333 said:

Ok you talk of uploading your vaccine card. I'm just sticking with how the rules are now. 

Cant read the date, you can still edit the year. 202 .. 2022? 2023?

Actually there are no rules 'officially' in play at this very moment. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not from what I saw posted on the blog.  No mask restriction for vaccinated.  Masks and other restrictions in certain areas for unvaccinated. 

You can't really tell anybody anything. It's as if they know Michael Bzailey and had coffee w/ him this morning.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Rcl isnt doing partially vaccinated cruises. It's one or the other. They choose unvaccinated. So cdc does require masks worn by all. They arent going around checking who is and who isnt.

I'm not a cdc fan. I think they are ruining cruises, but nothing I can do. I'm not going to refuse to wear a mask.

I guess I was thinking of the 95% requirement. They still have to verify vaccination,

correct?

Yes, I agree that the rule applies to all on unvaccinated cruises.

30 minutes ago, billxinli said:

Curious on your b5b itinerary. I've always wanted to do a long stretch on the sea.

This would be my longest at 56 days...South Pacific, NZ, TP, Hawaii, and Alaska, ending in hometown (close) of Seattle. I did move one leg and L&S one leg...added South Pacific, Hawaii, and Alaska. If Australia doesn’t open, I’m hoping to move to 2023. We will see.

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I think you're incorrect on your thoughts of this. The CDCwill most likely allow a 'difference between the two types of cruisers in an effort to help convince people to vax up. Time will tell. 

• Like 2

You sell a 7 day cruise for IDK, $1200/balcony w/ 3 people in it... $3600 gross income, you ask them for proff of vaccine and you're then fined $15,000. So you're now $11,400 in the red for just one cabin

From a business standpoint... how would you handle it?

Are they allowed to levy the fine against anyone who was asked, or only those who are prevented from sailing? Or only those that lodge an official complaint to the state?

If they "require" you to be vaccinated, but don't actually require you to provide proof. (the law actually says you cant require them to provide "proof" of vaccination) You can be asked to volunteer it, or if you don't wish to then you can just fill out a health questionnaire in lieu of providing any proof. 

Is it everyone, or only FL residents?

And its "up to $5000". My guess here (and the way I expect Celebrity to get around it) is they will just let the fines rack up and not pay them. Not saying that is right or wrong, just a strategy. If they refuse to pay, what is the state's recourse? to sue the line? when does that happen, a year or 2 down the road? right as the next presidential election is in full swing? That "fine" will get renegotiated and settles quietly in the background. Most of us will never even know.

At least, that's one way it could go. Again, not saying right or wrong, just trying to look at how a business might approach it.

30 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I don't think this is correct. I think they have two types of staus for cruisers. Vaccinated and Non-Vaccinated. Then offer a 'status upgrade' at free of charge when you upload a vaccine record.  

This is NOT how the CSO is worded today (but I agree with you, I can see this being one of the next tweaks between now and cruising resuming)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Several people were saying those who don’t want a vaccine don’t have to cruise and can wait. It’s funny seeing the sides now reversed. Sadly, still no empathy. Wish would could just respect each other’s decisions, understand life always carries some risk, and move on.

-Vaxed but believe it should remain an unrestricted choice.

I totally agree. You don't want to get vaxed, that's on you. I could care less. The problem comes about if unvaxed passenger get sick, that ship is turning back around. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 2travelcats said:

My Alaska cruises on the Serenade in August still say:

"VACCINE REQUIREMENT - This sailing requires proof of a COVID-19 vaccination for guests age 12 and older."

Hope they don’t change the requirement

They won't.  The State of Washington is requiring a fully vaccinated (at least 95%) passenger cohort for all of the cruise lines sailing out of Seattle.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I guess I was thinking of the 95% cruises. They still have to verify vaccinations, correct?

If it is OK to upload for a status change, it ought to work as proof of vaccination in any situation. No $5,000 fine per person in Florida.

Edited by Babr
I think I had a partial post/ double post. Don't know how that happened. Sorry.

3 minutes ago, Babr said:

I guess I was thinking of the 95% cruises. They still have to verify vaccinations, correct?

If it is OK to upload for a status change, it ought to work as proof of vaccination in any situation. No $5,000 fine per person in Florida.

Above ourusualbeach said they might do partially vaccinated cruises. The news is wrong if so.

I'm out if texas, so np for me to upload. I'm good no matter what.

Sorry dont care what they do in florida ha, not my problem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoyalC said:

That is the old rule. The new rule is the person(s) that are positive will be subjected to quarantine near the doctor's office and disembarked at the next port at RCL's expense. Just because you are near someone doesn't mean anything in this regard.

And you know this is the policy how?  This is not in writing anywhere on RCI's website.  The only reference to a COVID-19 infection is in the terms and conditions where it says you, and any close contacts, can be quarantined or disembarked.  It also says that if a certain threshold of cases appear on board, either in passengers or crew, that the cruise can end and a return to port may be necessary.  The Conditional Sail Order clearly states that upon meeting this threshold of cases, all passengers can be quarantined in their cabins until the ship returns to port.  Testing would be required of anyone that is a close contact of the infected person and on shore quarantine might be required.  There has been no change in that language to date and I don't believe the RCI has disclosed exactly what would happen in the instance of an outbreak.  So what you have said is not the case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, firefly333 said:

Above ourusualbeach said they might do partially vaccinated cruises. The news is wrong if so.

I'm out if texas, so np for me to upload. I'm good no matter what.

Sorry dont care what they do in florida ha, not my problem.

Yes Royal has said that, but that isn't the way the CSO is worded today, so that talk is either wishful thinking OR (my hope) they have been in talks with the CDC and they know that one of the next updates will be to relax rules even more for vaccinated people on any ship. Give more incentive to get vaccinated.

As long as what you are offering people is an exchange of a better experience for voluntarily providing the vaccine card, then you are not in violation of FL law.

• Like 1