Absolutely Disgusted by Royal Caribbean

1 minute ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Same here. The defined sepreration of the cruisers is a downright scary thought. 

It's not scary. Everyone has different opinions and that's the way it should be. The issue is that some people seem to take a superior "know it all" attitude and therefore insult those who don't think the same. It would help if posters would actually consider what others are trying to say instead replying with nasty comments. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

So it is entirely possible that a fully vaccinated person could well bring COVID onto a ship.  If everyone is not tested prior to boarding how would you ever know for sure that COVID is not present on a sailing ?  So even though an "outbreak" may have been started by a fully vaxxed passenger, it is the unvaxxed that will surely get blamed, even though the unvaxxed will have been tested prior to boarding and NOT be permitted onto the ship, if they test positive (which is entirely correct and fair....so long as it is not a false positive).  
Yeah, that sounds fair....

If the vaxxed can be "carriers" and the unvaxxed are going to be required to be tested, it is only logical that EVERYone should be tested prior to boarding.  We cannot permit those "ticking time bomb" vaccinated carriers to be admitted freely onto the ship !!

No problem for me; although I’m vaccinated, if I have Covid I’d sure like to know before I get on a ship with three days at sea. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

So it is entirely possible that a fully vaccinated person could well bring COVID onto a ship.  If everyone is not tested prior to boarding how would you ever know for sure that COVID is not present on a sailing ?  So even though an "outbreak" may have been started by a fully vaxxed passenger, it is the unvaxxed that will surely get blamed, even though the unvaxxed will have been tested prior to boarding and NOT be permitted onto the ship, if they test positive (which is entirely correct and fair....so long as it is not a false positive).  

If the vaxxed can be "carriers" and the unvaxxed are going to be required to be tested, it is only logical that EVERYone should be tested prior to boarding.  We cannot permit those "ticking time bomb" vaccinated carriers to be admitted freely onto the ship !!

Latest data and studies have shown fully vaccinated people have minimal chance of spreading Covid to others; much less than un-vaxxed people.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I would like someone to fill in these questions for me. 

1. How many people are there in the world?

2. How many people have died from Covid?

3. What is the result of calculating #2 divided by #1?

4. What does that number represent?

5. What is the number if you multiply that by 100?

6. What does that number represent?

Until you can answer those questions, absorb them and come to grips with reality, there are just going to be a lot of us sitting on the sidelines shaking our heads. 

37 minutes ago, dswallow said:

Use SeaPass cards with a different color for vaccinated passengers.

Hum. What about Pinnacle and Suite cards?  They have a different color than the regular cards. 

1 minute ago, pinnacleking2021 said:

since covid is so scary and deadly why don't we report other deadly diseases that everyone seems to forget exist 

Because they are not at a pandemic level and they may not be spreadable to each other

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dswallow said:

The Nassau departures of Adventure of the Seas are all vaccinated 16 and older; and departures on August 1 and later require all passengers 12 and over be vaccinated. 

All the nonsense of allowing non-vaccinated passengers who could otherwise be vaccinated aboard are for the planned US sailings.

I realize that and was replying to John's question regarding Adventure.

Actually the Royal website had the same vaccination requirements specifically stated for all US sailings showing on their website until Friday evening. 

Still waiting for an answer to this: 

Edited by wingatesl

2 hours ago, Colorado Babe said:

I wish folks would stop posting inaccurate information.  Our dear friend got the Covid jab (Moderna) and got COVID after his second one (March).  He was very ill and continues to get even worst.  He has been waiting almost 30 days to see a doctor/cardiologist and who knows if he will make it.  He has bruising all over his body and cuts won't heal.  Lots of heart palpitations and other things going on.  You can get COVID after vaccination.  Please, turn off MSM.  

No one is saying there are no break through Covid infections. In fact, MSM has reported as such. The breakthrough infection rate for fully vaccinated people is 0.009%. That is an EXTREMELY LOW percentage but, agree, it is NOT ZERO.

2 hours ago, RFerrington said:

BTW, in this instance a 95% efficacy rate means that in a group of 1000 vaccinated people, 950 will be Covid free for at least 3 months, and 50 people would test positive for Covid at some point during the 90 days. 

Later her reports are that the efficacy was still very high at 9 months, Dr. Gottlieb a CNBC contributor said he expects the published number will be higher than 85%.

That means on Ship with 4000 crew and guests vaccinated exactly 9 months ago, you could have 600 people who had Covid at one time during during the prior 270 day period. The odds of running into one on a ship and catching Covid is remote even for an unvaccinated pax. 

Edited by toocruisin2
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, wingatesl said:

Still waiting for an answer to this: 

Nobody owes you an answer.  Most people know the numbers as it has been discussed in the news for over a year. Sort of an outdated topic. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

And in my humble opinion the under 12 demographic will be the majority of unvaccinated

In truth, I think you are probably right on this.  There is a lot of rending of cloth and gnashing of teeth with the thought of hordes of marauding unvaxxed onboard, but truly I too believe that the vast majority of any unvaxxed will be the underaged demographic.  I will be among the few (IMHO) who are adult unvaxxed....if they allow us to cruise...but I do believe our numbers will be very small. I will wear their scarlet letter or henna tattoo and I will follow their rules.  Believe it or not, I'm not to be feared !  I am on a proven prophylaxis and have been for some time.  If COVID comes on board, it will not be with me or my husband !

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, lr657 said:

Nobody owes you an answer.  Most people know the numbers as it has been discussed in the news for over a year. Sort of an outdated topic. 

Yeah, they kinda do. We are still having the same discussions right now and it is beyond obvious that anyone supporting this sham has not actually done the math. 

11 minutes ago, M8VER3 said:

Hum. What about Pinnacle and Suite cards?  They have a different color than the regular cards. 

Cards can be manufactured multicolor. Make one half of the card pink and leave the other half as whatever color coding it currently uses. Or put a colored border around the entire card, both sides. Or alternating colors.

These are not the difficult issues. 🙂

1 minute ago, dswallow said:

Cards can be manufactured multicolor. Make one half of the card pink and leave the other half as whatever color coding it currently uses. Or put a colored border around the entire card, both sides. Or alternating colors.

These are not the difficult issues. 🙂

No way I want a pink card. 😎

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, wingatesl said:

Yeah, they kinda do. We are still having the same discussions right now and it is beyond obvious that anyone supporting this sham has not actually done the math. 

No, I think the main discussion is about the differences between cruising on a vaccinated or unvaccinated ship. Protocols and required precautions will likely be different and many would not be needed if the ship was 95% vaccinated. Nobody is afraid of catching Covid. There is no sham. CDC and shipboard rules will need to be followed no matter what anyone feels about Covid or the rules.