Absolutely Disgusted by Royal Caribbean

3 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I believe that number is more like 6% overall.  Florida is the third most-populous state in the US.  Our population is about 6.5% of the total US population, which is in line with the percentage of cases. 

As of June 3 we were at a 7 day average of just over 1600 cases per day with the national 7 day average at about 15,000 cases a day.  That’s more than 10% of the national average. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, alangee said:

As one who has cruised on Royal many times in the past, I must say, never again. We booked two cruises for early next year with the assurance that Royal would be maintaining strict COVID protocols. The fact that they are now going to allow un-vaccinated passengers on board is a total breach of contract under which we booked the cruises. I understand, when one needs to cancel their cruise for most appropriate reasons within the proper time frame, they would be afforded a credit towards a future cruise. The fact that Royal has totally changed their safety protocols is a breach of contract, and we should be allowed a refund. Of course they have turned us down on that.

Forget about the money we are going to lose, but allowing non-vaccinated passengers on a cruise is downright irresponsible. My wife and I are fully vaccinated, but those who are not could be carrying virus and pass it on to others who are not vaccinated. The more people who are not vaccinated and catching COVID, the greater the growth of variants. 

Unvaccinated passengers could bring the virus to the ports we visit, many of which are already impoverished with poor health facilities.

Cruises could be cut short or stranded at sea if a COVID outbreak occurs on a ship. We saw the nightmare of COVID on cruise ships in the early stages of the pandemic. Do you want to risk more nightmares on the seas. And if that happens, there might end up being a longer and more severe shut down of the cruise industry.

What Royal Caribbean has done is disgusting and irresponsible.

LOL…live in fear.

The pandemic is over. And it was never all that big a deal to begin with. It has a mortality rate that is barely worse than normal seasonal flu. 

Hope you cancel. Hope every last one of you cancels. More fun for everyone else who most certainly does not need your Karen attitudes on board ever.

This is NOT January of 2020 anymore and doctors now know exactly how to treat people with Wuhan flu. So the mortality rate today is hugely less than it was then. Normies are ready to get back to life, vaccinated or unvaccinated. Only terrified and paranoid neurotics are still worried about this crap. 

Herd immunity does NOT depend on everyone getting a vaccination. Herd immunity is a combination of the vaccinated, the previously infected and those with natural immunity. We are there. We have been there for weeks. The infection numbers and death numbers confirm this.

But continue to live in fear. Or in the delusion that you have control over the time and place of your death. 

No one here gets out alive. And until it’s over the normies are going to enjoy life now that lockdown idiocy is finally over.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, jrapps said:

Wow, another thread exploding here with the same arguments all over again. So I' guess I'll chime in too! 😁

I think "disgusted" is pretty strong. I would say "disappointing" that they won't require vaccines, but at the same time I think people are blowing so much of this out of proportion. We haven't even seen "official" rules yet. Until RCL sends emails to people with the exact guidelines for their cruise, so much of this is conjecture. Plus, I can guarantee whatever rules and protocols in place when they first start in July will be different in September, and different in November, and different next year.

Everyone needs to chill.

Look, I want vaccines as much as the next person. But I'm willing to bet some people here who are so mad about this aren't even cruising for 6-12+ more months. Who knows what things will be like by then...we could be at full herd immunity (doubtful, but the point is anything is possible)

Unless you are going on a cruise in the next 30-60 days, I think whatever they are saying now shouldn't worry you too much.

Most folks who say they will never cruise Royal again, especially upoer tiers folks, are blowing steam. 

#they'llbeback

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, harkinmr said:

First “per million” is not the true point of comparison. It’s “per 100,000” in population. Second, we could have done far better overall with a more conservative approach to the pandemic.  To me, as a resident here, being middle of the pack is nothing to brag about. 

27th lowest Deaths at 1721 per compared to NJ 2959, NY 2763, MASS 2599, RI 2565, MS 2461, AZ 2432, CT 2313, SD 2286, AL 2284, LS 2283, PENN 2145, MI 2062, NM 2041, IN 2033, IL 2001 

• Like 2

I for one am so glad we have another long thread of people arguing about vaccinations, selectively choosing statistics, and complaining like they think Royal actually cares. I don't have enough popcorn for all this. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, skiiergirl said:

I am very disappointed in RC!  I believe they should have "stuck to their guns" and held on with the "vaccinated only policy" and DeSantis would have come around and exempted the cruise lines from his fines.  

While RC (and all cruise lines) have the option to change their policies and "terms and conditions", I agree that it is irresponsible of them to sail "knowing" they have Non-vaccinated passengers on board!!!!

FWIW, pretty sure they did the math and realized it was impossible to meet the 5% unvaccinated with the number of littles on board. 

• Like 5

Just now, harkinmr said:

As of June 3 we were at a 7 day average of just over 1600 cases per day with the national 7 day average at about 15,000 cases a day.  That’s more than 10% of the national average. 

I was referring to the overall average and not a 7 day average -- the overall average is a better indicator than a random 7 day window.  Cases have been going down significantly since the vaccine rollout and soon will hopefully be down to nil. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

The most impressive thing about this thread, the OP has been a member since 2010 and has only ever posted today. 

That is the super power of secondary and tertiary IDS... when you want to post things that might get your actual ID sent to playing Monopoly

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

27th lowest Deaths at 1721 per compared to NJ 2959, NY 2763, MASS 2599, RI 2565, MS 2461, AZ 2432, CT 2313, SD 2286, AL 2284, LS 2283, PENN 2145, MI 2062, NM 2041, IN 2033, IL 2001 

That does not change my perspective. We weren’t ground zero for this pandemic at the beginning like several of those states you mentioned. Again, being middle of the pack is nothing to brag about. 

Edited by harkinmr

1 hour ago, mauraoel said:

I have been on since 2006 and still don't have 1000.  I have posted more in the last week than I have in the last 15 years. i usually just lurk.

Don’t be afraid post more.  All voices are worth hearing at least once, but they are more likely to have a long term impact on threads completely unlike this one.  

Participate in your roll calls, help a new cruiser to something you have figured out.

Don’t be a troll.

Good luck.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I pretty sure that some could offer up a Doctor's note of natural antibodies present but it appears that the CDC is wrapped up in the artificial 'vaccine' only. TBH, Iwould believe the note of a Dr vs the card CVS issued me.  This would allow the number to get closer to zero. 

You should ask @Ocean Boyabout my doctor😉

FWIW, how official of a letter are you talking about.  My last two initials are MD😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

First “per million” is not the true point of comparison. It’s “per 100,000” in population. Second, we could have done far better overall with a more conservative approach to the pandemic.  To me, as a resident here, being middle of the pack is nothing to brag about. 

OK, so an extra decimal point doesn’t equal what they show on MSNBC...  Awesome,  to assume people are math incapable.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I was referring to the overall average and not a 7 day average -- the overall average is a better indicator than a random 7 day window.  Cases have been going down significantly since the vaccine rollout and soon will hopefully be down to nil. 

Actually, the 7 day average is the most accurate way to look at current infection rates. I understand cases are going down significantly nationwide.  Florida just hit 40% for fully vaccinated while most states in the Northeast and out west are far outnumbering us in vaccination uptake. My guess is we never top 50% for fully vaccinated, if we even get that high.  As I said, nothing to brag about. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, harkinmr said:

That does not change my perspective. We weren’t ground zero for this pandemic at the beginning like several of those states you mentioned.  Again, being middle of the pack is nothing to brag about. 

I would rather be middle of the pack, as you call it, than ground zero.  Florida has fared much better than half of the states, and for being the 3rd largest US state, that's a great track record. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, alangee said:

As one who has cruised on Royal many times in the past, I must say, never again. We booked two cruises for early next year with the assurance that Royal would be maintaining strict COVID protocols. The fact that they are now going to allow un-vaccinated passengers on board is a total breach of contract under which we booked the cruises. I understand, when one needs to cancel their cruise for most appropriate reasons within the proper time frame, they would be afforded a credit towards a future cruise. The fact that Royal has totally changed their safety protocols is a breach of contract, and we should be allowed a refund. Of course they have turned us down on that.

Forget about the money we are going to lose, but allowing non-vaccinated passengers on a cruise is downright irresponsible. My wife and I are fully vaccinated, but those who are not could be carrying virus and pass it on to others who are not vaccinated. The more people who are not vaccinated and catching COVID, the greater the growth of variants. 

Unvaccinated passengers could bring the virus to the ports we visit, many of which are already impoverished with poor health facilities.

Cruises could be cut short or stranded at sea if a COVID outbreak occurs on a ship. We saw the nightmare of COVID on cruise ships in the early stages of the pandemic. Do you want to risk more nightmares on the seas. And if that happens, there might end up being a longer and more severe shut down of the cruise industry.

What Royal Caribbean has done is disgusting and irresponsible.

That is cute. Read the contract- they stated the protocols are subject to change at any time. Hope you can get a refund somehow.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Nothing wrong with being average. 

Besides, it was South Florida that threw us in the tank

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I lover those MD and MA cruise departures....

O what, they don’t have them.... good luck with that.

Baltimore is in MD, limits on ship size though.

But you are on point that there is no way to replace the combined capacity of Miami, Pt Canaveral, Pt Everglades, and Tampa. To think otherwise is ludicrous 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Yes the cases are going down very rapidly.  Pretty soon down to 0 -- then we'll have to come up with something else to bicker about on this forum. 😃

Lounge access

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Nothing wrong with being average. 

Besides, it was South Florida that threw us in the tank

Correct, Miami was once dubbed the epicenter of the pandemic.  We have an International airport that brought many infected people from all over the world at the onset.  Since then we have had a pretty good response to the vaccines and our numbers have gone down significantly.  We never, thank God, had over capacity ER, never lacked ventilators or had to turn anyone away that needed emergency health services. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

That does not change my perspective. We weren’t ground zero for this pandemic at the beginning like several of those states you mentioned. Again, being middle of the pack is nothing to brag about. 

You need to realize that we don't live in a state that handles change very well. I'm actually surprised we are average