Absolutely Disgusted by Royal Caribbean

Just now, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I pretty sure that some could offer up a Doctor's note of natural antibodies present but it appears that the CDC is wrapped up in the artificial 'vaccine' only. TBH, Iwould believe the note of a Dr vs the card CVS issued me.  This would allow the number to get closer to zero. 

At some point that may be acceptable,  the problem is that immunity appears to be much more consistent with the vaccines than with having had the disease.   Unfortunately,  I believe that people might fake vaccine cards.  I think if anyone is caught, they might realize that is a medical and federal form.   Faking either might create more problems than you expect.

4 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Yea, I think we’re embarrassed because we averaged 10% of the total case count for the country over a 7 day period.  No sense in continuing to shine that light. 🙄

Florida can't complain.  Total all cases average per Million to all States is 19th, not bad but Deaths is 27th which is also below National Average

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jrapps said:

I cant believe I am arguing against people I fundamentally believe with but here we go...

How many people on this forum actually booked a cruise between May 21st (when that language was added) and June 4th (when it was changed again), and of those who'd cruise is sailing in the next 60-90 days?

I'd be willing to bet its a VERY small number here.

Let's cut it down further...of those of you who may fall into that category, how many have been here on CC for the last 18+ months and seen the policy and language change over, and over, and over, and over....

And of those, who didn't book a refundable deposit because you were so sure that language wasn't going to change again...

Sure it sucks that they went back on what they said, but it isn't surprising, and the odds of this change affecting your cruise are very small unless you are sailing in the next few months

So, I did not book any of my cruises recently but do follow the policies and news since I have many cruises currently booked. It's pretty obvious that policies will change as new information is obtained.  I do understand why people are upset about the new policy change as it was stated on their website. Personally my next cruise isn't until the Fall, and as I stated previously I will see what the current protocols are closer to then and cancel if they are the current one's for an unvaccinated cruise. 

Edited by lr657
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I pretty sure that some could offer up a Doctor's note of natural antibodies present but it appears that the CDC is wrapped up in the artificial 'vaccine' only. TBH, Iwould believe the note of a Dr vs the card CVS issued me.  This would allow the number to get closer to zero. 

this reminds me, for those so fixated on the law in FL, keep in mind it doesn't just prevent businesses from requiring proof of vaccine, it also prevents a business from requiring you to prove natural immunity. Even if you had covid and are "immune", that can't be used in FL to limit who can or can't do something

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Some psych Phd candidate will write their doctoral thesis on what made folks come out of lurk mode in the COVID era.

Well I will give the PhD candidate some more details, I have been having withdrawals since my cruise was canceled in March of last year.  So much so even though our replacement for that cruise is in September and I was trying to be optimistic... I booked an adventure cruise for August.   Now I have to figure out how many extra hours I have to work around each of them to make up for the fact that I only have enough vacation time left for one of them.  It been a rough year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

Disney World has had all their patron MASK indoors and outdoors for as long as they have been open. It was only about a month ago that their mask mandate was dropped for OUTDOORS. We will not visit Disney until all mask mandating is gone.

If Disney was able to mandate vaccines for everyone, then they would be able to drop the mask mandate INDOORS too. Now, wouldn't that be a wonderful experience? Maybe they could offer this NO MASKS for VACCINATED ONLY experience one day per week. That would be wonderful. But, alas, DeSantis forbids this business to offer such an experience to their patrons.

Mask Mandate is ending all over US in Red an Blue States even here in Lockdown Michigan, this all without a need for Vaccine Mandate. Amusement Parks? Never going Happen, Florida or any other State. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, alangee said:

We're in Canada too, and yes things could change by the new year. But COVID will still be around and we will all need to play it safe, if not so much for ourselves but for others. I don't want the variants to be given a chance to multiply. I don't want to see the people in the ports put in danger and I don't want to be on a cruise that is ruined because of an outbreak of COVID.

Stop the virtue signaling. You have no idea how many people in each port are vaccinated. Same thing when you fly to your embarkation port, hotels, restaurants. You can catch the virus and bring it on the ship, vaccinated or not! You are clearly unhappy and afraid with this latest decision so don’t cruise until you feel safe. 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, lr657 said:

Excuse me, I have been cruising a long time and mostly on Royal so therefore don't need a lecture. I know how to listen to what the Royal executives are saying, keep up with the facts, and follow the information on the Royal Caribbean website. If you listened to Fain's recent talks, he clearly explained why they were doing the test cruises. He also clearly said that Royal was requiring all adults and children over 16 and then 12 to be vaccinated for all the sailings. He explained they were doing the test cruises because with so many families sailing they couldn't guarantee that there wouldn't be more than 5% unvaccinated children.  Although all my 12 cruises have been booked for a while, those that made new bookings prior to Friday when things changed, were misled. Nobody thought that children too young to be vaccinated wouldn't be sailing. Would be nice to show a bit more respect for others.

Mr Fain also specifically mentioned medical contradictions and religious objections so he clearly recognizes that there will be unvaxxed adults in addition to underaged unvaxxed children.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dswallow said:

It's a common concept in nightclubs; things like putting a big permanent marker-drawn X across the front of the hand near the thumb of people under 21 so bartenders know not to serve them alcoholic beverages.

It is not a scarlet letter concept.

Sorry, no way the same thing.

But I'm fairly sure you know that😉

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cruiser52forever said:

Sorry, I took that as to he was talking about Disney world not dcl.  Dcl is not that big of a presence in the cruising world.

But that is what the OP was referring to.

They are definitely a big presence in Pt Canaveral

2 hours ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

I agree. You should get over your fear of being vaccinated. Be a big boy, roll up your sleeve, and accept the little jab. Then come cruise with the rest of us who have been vaccinated.

He has been vaccinated, probably as long ago as anyone on this thread, so long ago, he probably needs a booster.  People assume so much.

jc

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Yea, I think we’re embarrassed because we averaged 10% of the total case count for the country over a 7 day period.  No sense in continuing to shine that light. 🙄

I believe that number is more like 6% overall.  Florida is the third most-populous state in the US.  Our population is about 6.5% of the total US population, which is in line with the percentage of cases. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Sorry, no way the same thing.

But I'm fairly sure you know that😉

It quite absolutely is; among analogies tossed around here, it's probably the absolute best of them.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, harkinmr said:

They won’t.  Can you imagine trying to police that circus?  What? Every time you see a crew member you have to flash your pre-approved armband, while the same crew member tries to chase down the unvaccinated person not flashing the appropriate armband and not wearing a mask? 😂

Kind of like getting into the diamond lounge

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Florida can't complain.  Total all cases average per Million to all States is 19th, not bad but Deaths is 27th which is also below National Average

First “per million” is not the true point of comparison. It’s “per 100,000” in population. Second, we could have done far better overall with a more conservative approach to the pandemic.  To me, as a resident here, being middle of the pack is nothing to brag about. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, livingonthebeach said:

I believe that number is more like 6% overall.  Florida is the third most-populous state in the US.  Our population is about 6.5% of the total US population, which is in line with the percentage of cases. 

Thank you saved from looking up exact numbers. think last month there is lowest in 15 Months, like most places

2 hours ago, dswallow said:

The Nassau departures of Adventure of the Seas are all vaccinated 16 and older; and departures on August 1 and later require all passengers 12 and over be vaccinated. 

All the nonsense of allowing non-vaccinated passengers who could otherwise be vaccinated aboard are for the planned US sailings.

Some are still hopeful that NJ, MD and MA port departures may show some sense and retain the vaccination requirement for a period of time appropriate.

I lover those MD and MA cruise departures....

O what, they don’t have them.... good luck with that.

2 hours ago, coffeebean said:

I can only speak for myself but I most certainly am NOT afraid of un-vaxxed people. What I am afraid of is how a Covid outbreak on board will negatively impact my cruise vacation. I want un-vaxxed people to stay home so all of us vaxxed people can enjoy a cruise vacation WITHOUT all those pesky safety protocols. Who in their right mind, if not traveling with anyone who is not eligible for the vaccine, would want to wear a mask on board a cruise ship? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone? Raise your hand if you are willing to mask up if your vaxxed. Anyone? Anyone? Anyone? I'm waiting.

No, you will just browbeat anyone who doesn’t do what you think they should into submission...

Congratulations!  You are the champion.  Play the Queen song@!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Thank you saved from looking up exact numbers. think last month there is lowest in 15 Months, like most places

Yes the cases are going down very rapidly.  Pretty soon down to 0 -- then we'll have to come up with something else to bicker about on this forum. 😃

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, lr657 said:

Nobody owes you an answer.  Most people know the numbers as it has been discussed in the news for over a year. Sort of an outdated topic. 

Really, you know those numbers?  I don’t and I follow this pretty closely

• Thanks 1

Just now, livingonthebeach said:

Yes the cases are going down very rapidly.  Pretty soon down to 0 -- then we'll have to come up with something else to bicker about on this forum. 😃

crap. we have to go back to talking about drink packages, and food, and other fun cruise stuff. You are so mean!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Mr Fain also specifically mentioned medical contradictions and religious objections so he clearly recognizes that there will be unvaxxed adults in addition to underaged unvaxxed children.

Yes, he did. I still see how people could have been misled though. Children under a specific age and a minimum amount of exempted adults is still a bit different than no vaccination required. Personally I don't care who sails.  If we feel the required protocols will negatively affect our cruise experience we will cancel. That's our choice. At the current time, we  still don't know what the protocols will be. 

• Like 1

Just now, livingonthebeach said:

I'm hoping it's chair hogs and formal night attire, because that means we are actually on board a boat. (Hah, gotcha I know it's a ship, just giving everyone something else to whinge about,) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1