Absolutely Disgusted by Royal Caribbean

8 minutes ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

I agree. You should get over your fear of being vaccinated. Be a big boy, roll up your sleeve, and accept the little jab. Then come cruise with the rest of us who have been vaccinated.

Well a couple of things.

1. I'm vaccinated

2. I'm no complaining about going with the unvaccinated

• Like 4

I do not think it is entirely Royal Caribbean's fault. A business has been shut down for more than 15 month and has tried hard to survive within such a political environment. If FL is not so harsh on vaccine requirement, Royal probably will have a much easier decision to make just for business purpose.

• Like 1

I think a bait & switch claim is likely ignoring language in the contract that's been there, certainly since mid 2020, regarding being subject to health protocols yet to be announced, and that are subject to change.

Edited by dswallow
  • Like 1

Won't need a tattoo for my group the unvacinated will be the three grand kids...  

And in my humble opinion the under 12 demographic will be the majority of unvaccinated....Even my husband who agrees with Goodtme and feels his vaccination status should be allowed to remain Private will present his card as long as it means he doesn't need to have "THAT STICK" shoved up his nose.

• Like 1

Well... If the unvaccinated cruisers spread COVID to other unvaccinated cruisers and there is a significant outbreak, there will be quarantines and the remainder of the cruise will have many restrictions and may have a delayed return.

If this situation keeps happening, the media will all over it. People will probably cancel and stop booking cruises and the CDC may halt future cruises.   The cruise lines may not survive another shut down.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dswallow said:

If we go that approach, we can put it on the non-vaccinated, where it belongs, too. Actually a Henna Tattoo would work perfectly.

Maybe signs over the water fountains “Vaccinated Only” would work.

image.jpeg.fbecbf3fabf0034e1eda7cee23c7402b.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

'unable to verify vaccination'

How will that work? 

Could be those that are vaccinated but don't choose to show verification will be considered unvaccinated and will follow those safety protocols. 

2 hours ago, kearney said:

No vaccinated people who are afraid of unvaccinated people should stay home..or go camping

I can only speak for myself but I most certainly am NOT afraid of un-vaxxed people. What I am afraid of is how a Covid outbreak on board will negatively impact my cruise vacation. I want un-vaxxed people to stay home so all of us vaxxed people can enjoy a cruise vacation WITHOUT all those pesky safety protocols. Who in their right mind, if not traveling with anyone who is not eligible for the vaccine, would want to wear a mask on board a cruise ship? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone? Raise your hand if you are willing to mask up if your vaxxed. Anyone? Anyone? Anyone? I'm waiting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vibe said:

Well... If the unvaccinated cruisers spread COVID to other unvaccinated cruisers and there is a significant outbreak, there will be quarantines and the remainder of the cruise will have many restrictions and may have a delayed return.

If this situation keeps happening, the media will all over it. People will probably cancel and stop booking cruises and the CDC may halt future cruises.   The cruise lines may not survive another shut down.

Or, maybe this thing is finally winding down and everything will be just fine.  The glass is half full.

• Like 4

Just now, cheesewiz said:

image.jpeg

It's a common concept in nightclubs; things like putting a big permanent marker-drawn X across the front of the hand near the thumb of people under 21 so bartenders know not to serve them alcoholic beverages.

It is not a scarlet letter concept.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Or, maybe this thing is finally winding down and everything will be just fine.  The glass is half full.

That is what we all hope for, but if there are continued COVID cases on cruise ships, Cruising may be halted again.

Edited by Vibe

6 minutes ago, cheesewiz said:

image.jpeg

Wow! A totally new totally irrelevant idea brought into the discussion. Please please tell me where anybody has said that vaccines should be mandated by law!?! Those of us with common sense are saying that we want to chose to do our business with companies that follow reasonable health and safety protocols. Those don't want to do business with those companies can go somewhere else. This has nothing to do with anything being mandated by law.

Edited by GottaKnowWhen
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Maybe a big red U stitched to their clothing.

This from one of the folks that believes that as a vaccinated person they will not have to abide by protocols on a mixed cruise. Just how are they supposed to differentiate between you and the unvaccinated if not for that big ole “U”?