Refunds?

fluffybunny22

We got a random refund from Princess on Friday that we aren't sure where it came from. I currently have a June 2022 sailing booked and I can access it on the cruise personalizer so it doesn't seem to be impacted. I did have a June 2021 sailing that I cancelled quite a while ago. I think that refund is from the 2021 cruise but my travel agent hasn't gotten back to me yet. I'd feel better knowing if anyone has had a refund take months to come through.

• 3 weeks later...

How long of a delay?  Only time I ever had to seek a refund was last year after our March 7, 2020, was cancelled due to Covid while we were at the terminal.  I applied for our refund the day after I got home (March 10), and got the per pax efunds 1 cabin at a time (we had 4 minis, 9 pax) during the week after I submitted the forms. All refunded within 21 days after applying, including pre- and post-cruise hotel rooms. I thought 3 weeks for a substantial refund was pretty good. But that was last year and I've never applied for a refund since. 

• 2 weeks later...

Last year, our Alaska cruise was cancelled and we rebooked for this year.  Took 90 days for the FCC to be applied to the new cruise and we had to pay an additional deposit to book this year's.  Then, in Feb of this year, our cruise for this July was cancelled...117 days ago.  We opted for the refund this time.  so far, we have the extra deposit back, but not the actual cruise fare.  I am not happy at all.  They are enjoying my money and the interest, as I paid for 4 people which totalled over $20,000!!

16 hours ago, HUNNY BUN said:

Last year, our Alaska cruise was cancelled and we rebooked for this year.  Took 90 days for the FCC to be applied to the new cruise and we had to pay an additional deposit to book this year's.  Then, in Feb of this year, our cruise for this July was cancelled...117 days ago.  We opted for the refund this time.  so far, we have the extra deposit back, but not the actual cruise fare.  I am not happy at all.  They are enjoying my money and the interest, as I paid for 4 people which totalled over $20,000!!

About 27 cents/day if you get a good current interest rate.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, caribill said:
22 hours ago, HUNNY BUN said:

Expand  

About 27 cents/day if you get a good current interest rate

Or 87c a month if kept at a bank. Its more about how aggravating it is

Curious if anyone has received anything from the Ruby summer cancellations yet? I filled out the form for the FCC but no sign just yet and the sailing is still under my upcoming cruises. For past cancellations, it seemed the FCC arrived and cruise disappeared  on the date the form had to be submitted by. For this round, the form had to be submitted by June 15th, so curious if anyone has seen anything yet?

slightly off topic but in talking with my TA yesterday about the number of canceled cruises and FCCs, he told me that he had one client with over $140,000 in FCCs to use.  During the same conversation he mentioned a client that was 93 and just wanted to be able to take one more cruise .!

18 hours ago, triple7tahoe said:

slightly off topic but in talking with my TA yesterday about the number of canceled cruises and FCCs, he told me that he had one client with over $140,000 in FCCs to use.  During the same conversation he mentioned a client that was 93 and just wanted to be able to take one more cruise .!

I'm really worried about my in laws in their 70's being able to use their FCC that were a result of an air penalty that we can't get refunded. I can't imagine being in my 90's and taking a gamble with a FCC or having a spare 140k I don't mind lending to the cruise company.