Vaccine Required! For July in Galveston

19cruiser59

22 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I think it varies by region and by business...

masks.jpg

Again, around here very few have worn masks in months and I don't know of any businesses that require them. We are one of those 34% or so vaccinated states. Cases have continued to drop just like they have most places around the country. There were 57 cases reported statewide today. 

• Like 3

I just posted this on another topic.  This is very interesting about Florida:

Just read an interesting article about the way Celebrity cruises is handling Florida.  I'm not going to post the link because it  comes from another cruise blog and would get flagged for moderator approval, so I am posting quotes from it instead.  I wonder if Carnival will  try something like this.

Celebrity requires its passengers from the United States who are age 16 and above to be fully vaccinated.  As of August 1, 2021, all guests age 12 and older must be fully vaccinated.

"Florida is a little bit different," Ms. Ritzenthaler explained. "We will still go out with 100 percent of our crew and 95 percent of our guest vaccinated."

"In Florida, we will not require you to have to show proof of vaccination, because we are doing this exactly the right way, but we will go out with 95% of our guests still vaccinated."

If you choose not to show proof of vaccination, then there are additional steps required to fulfill in order to sail.   According to Celebrity, guests who do not show proof of vaccination will be considered unvaccinated and will require a SARS-COV-2 test at the terminal at their own expense.

Guests that do not meet the requirements will be denied boarding. Unvaccinated passengers may be also be restricted in certain ports, depending on the local laws. "Guests who do not provide documentation of full vaccination will be considered unvaccinated and will require a Covid test at the terminal at their own expense. Guests that do not meet the requirements will be denied boarding."

Edited by Lee Cruiser
Added quote
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

If Carnival does announce the Texas cruise protocols for July cruises today like John said they would, is this the page to find it?

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/media-center

I would check here:  https://carnival-news.com/ (Nothing on July protocols yet!)

The link you posted looks like it is a day behind as it doesn't (at least right now) show the cruise director information that was released today.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Just read an interesting article about the way Celebrity cruises is handling Florida.  I'm not going to post the link because it  comes from another cruise blog and would get flagged for moderator approval, so I am posting quotes from it instead.  I wonder if Carnival will  try something like this.

Celebrity requires its passengers from the United States who are age 16 and above to be fully vaccinated.  As of August 1, 2021, all guests age 12 and older must be fully vaccinated.

"Florida is a little bit different," Ms. Ritzenthaler explained. "We will still go out with 100 percent of our crew and 95 percent of our guest vaccinated."

"In Florida, we will not require you to have to show proof of vaccination, because we are doing this exactly the right way, but we will go out with 95% of our guests still vaccinated."

If you choose not to show proof of vaccination, then there are additional steps required to fulfill in order to sail.   According to Celebrity, guests who do not show proof of vaccination will be considered unvaccinated and will require a SARS-COV-2 test at the terminal at their own expense.

Guests that do not meet the requirements will be denied boarding. Unvaccinated passengers may be also be restricted in certain ports, depending on the local laws. "Guests who do not provide documentation of full vaccination will be considered unvaccinated and will require a Covid test at the terminal at their own expense. Guests that do not meet the requirements will be denied boarding."

That might solve the $5,000 problem, but what about differentiating between vaccinated and must-wear-maskers once sailing?

4 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

No masks or distancing. I like that. I don’t believe for a second that the 5% will wear masks once onboard.

You will probably need to wear a tracking armband like on royals ships if you don't volunteer vaccination status.  If you get caught breaking the rules then you will be let off the first port.  Cruise contract will really be interesting to read.  I think they had some type of bracelet on the sailing out of St maarten.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Florida law doesn't allow them to ask for that, either. Your article does say to get vaccinated.

My brain tells me otherwise - my mouth isn't stained purple.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

No masks or distancing. I like that. I don’t believe for a second that the 5% will wear masks once onboard.

If only 5% can be unvaccinated then less than 200 people on board unvaccinated.   Of those less than 200 I would imagine Carnival will “select” those families cruising with under 12 kids who can’t receive the vaccination to make the very vast majority of that number.   So I think it will be pretty easy to know who should be wearing a mask.   Maybe I am wrong but I would think there will be a very very very low number of adults on these unvaccinated.  I don’t think Carnival will let them be in “selected” 5%.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, spyron said:

If only 5% can be unvaccinated then less than 200 people on board unvaccinated.   Of those less than 200 I would imagine Carnival will “select” those families cruising with under 12 kids who can’t receive the vaccination to make the very vast majority of that number.   So I think it will be pretty easy to know who should be wearing a mask.   Maybe I am wrong but I would think there will be a very very very low number of adults on these unvaccinated.  I don’t think Carnival will let them be in “selected” 5%.

And since cruises will likely sail at reduced capacity, even less than less!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I'll bet the 5% are going to be young children, not adults who aren't vaccinated.

They have to allow for adults who legitimately can't be vaccinated. I wonder if Carnival can ask for a doctor's note on that?

3 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

How much do covid tests cost? I get tested every week for free. 

6 minutes ago, sm3ds said:

How much do covid tests cost? I get tested every week for free. 

Your insurance probably covers it for health reasons.  However, with this being at the port for a cruise, I'm not sure insurance would cover it.  Since it is probably a way to deter people from not showing their vaccine information, I'm guessing they would make it as difficult as possible and charge as much as possible.  I've seen reports that the actual cost to perform the test with results is $100-$200.  The cost is not likely to be cheaper at the port.

Starting to sound kinda similar to what I guessed last week...

"Is it really a "requirement" to show proof of vaccination if you have the choice not to show and be lumped into the 5% unvaccinated pile?  Then they just offer you the next cruise whose 5% is not full yet, like January 2025.

To me, it's not a requirement if they are giving you the option."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Whoever it is that’s supposed to wear masks I doubt they will. 

That 5%, who will probably be small children, will be so spread out that they will not even be noticed.  When kids are on the pool decks, they are usually in the kid's area.  At other times they will be in the kid's clubs. It will be such a small number.  I think if everyone knew  95% of a ship was vaccinated, they would be fine with it.

• Like 1

If they deny boarding to someone because they refused to "volunteer" vaccine information and are past whatever this 95% number happens to be, that seems to be de facto denial of service that the Florida and Texas laws appear to forbid.  

• Like 1