Vaccine Required! For July in Galveston

19cruiser59

16 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

TN, I hear you. The law as written, and not just this law, but ALL of State, Local, and Federal law, is written in hyper legal terminology, and it winds up as sounding like gibberish. To me, a layperson, it is full of contradictions, and inconsistencies. But that's not the case. That's why we need lawyers to interpret the law for us.....for example...

you said: "I am not sure how Carnival will be able to cruise with only vaccinated passengers". Well, me neither. BUT...but...but...if you read the law as written, it says that the State cannot restrict(prohibit) a business from implementing covid-19 screening and protection protocols....

Well....there's your out. They cannot prevent a business from implementing, etc, etc, etc. But they CAN implement screening and protection ( read that to mean they CAN deny boarding without having to worry about being penalized) protocols. I hope that makes sense. I'm through trying to interpret law. It's beyond me. 

But is screening and protection the same as requiring vaccinations for service?  I hope there is a way Carnival can sail the way they want to sail.  It looks like the CDC probably isn't going to back down on their requirements.  I think a compromise would be to allow July cruises to sail with vaccination passengers and children under 12.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sm3ds said:

I think if a cruise line needs an out or way to circumvent a law that the people of that state support as evidenced by the bipartisan legislative support. They should probably just cruise out of another state. There are plenty of states that would welcome vaccine mandates. 

Carnival could sail with test cruises and then open to all out of Florida and Texas and do vaccinated only cruises out of every other port in the US.

• Like 2

So, this is the "penalty" for requiring proof of vaccination to enter a business or receive a service in the state of Texas. oooooooo scary:

(c)A  business in this state may not require a customer to provide any documentation certifying the customer ’s COVID-19 vaccination or post-transmission recovery on entry to, to gain access to, or to receive service from the business. A business that fails to comply with this subsection is not eligible to receive a grant or enter into a contract payable with state funds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, bdever said:

Children are the hardest group to enforce mask mandates on. 

Agree. But, I still have a hard time with kids even needing to need masks. Because of 

A. They have almost no danger from COVID

B. If the concern is being a spreader, which I understand, the ADULTS that have not had a vaccine and are still at risk to be spread TO should be the ones who need to wear the mask....

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

Agree. But, I still have a hard time with kids even needing to need masks. Because of 

A. They have almost no danger from COVID

B. If the concern is being a spreader, which I understand, the ADULTS that have not had a vaccine and are still at risk to be spread TO should be the ones who need to wear the mask....

Except masks protect more against transmission. They are not terribly effective in preventing infection in the wearer.

If the entire complement except under 12 are vaccinated, no wasks sould be necessary.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rs45thompson said:

I believe that carnival is still a family cruise line.  My family will be going on the Mardi Gras.  Our family consists of Myself, husband and 15 year old son who is definitely not an adult. 

I understand that you are upset and I would be too in your place.  But I truly believe that this is temporary and will blow over in a month or two.  I have faith that Carnival will be able to work things out with the CDC and we will see families with young children on the ships again.  It will just take time.  

I clearly stated that the vax is available to teens, but remember just a few years ago even your teen would have been targeted by this policy shift. Thank you for your concern over my disappointment for my 'not' teen children. 

13 minutes ago, broberts said:

Except masks protect more against transmission. They are not terribly effective in preventing infection in the wearer.

If the entire complement except under 12 are vaccinated, no wasks sould be necessary.

missing my point. Why should we have to worry about transmission when all adults have had a CHANCE to get vaccinated. If 10% of people decide never to get vaccinated, does my kid have to wear a mask, what FOREVER??

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

missing my point. Why should we have to worry about transmission when all adults have had a CHANCE to get vaccinated. If 10% of people decide never to get vaccinated, does my kid have to wear a mask, what FOREVER??

Because ports of call may insist on vaccination and/or tests and/or mask wearing protocols.

Unvaccinated people will have to mask for the foreseeable future. Good news is that by the end of the year there should be vaccines approved for young children.

27 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

The good doctor Fauci would like masks until next year I hear him say. I hear something about ny backtracking and kids outside need to keep wearing masks. Someone from ny can clarify.

Seems a lot believe differently than those from where I live in texas. Cruises have to cater so all feel safe. Idk what the answer is to make all happy.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

Should they have had to wear them in the first place? Since this was a political issue over a medical one in importance. 

• Like 5

From Facebook:

John Heald 

For those who have asked me when we will release the protocols for Galveston's July cruises on Carnival Vista and Carnival Breeze I will have that for you sometime this afternoon.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

Only until old enough to be vaccinated should be before the end of 2021.

48 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

The US Is fortunate to have an oversupply of vaccine. Many of the ports aren't as fortunate 

Edited by BlerkOne

8 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

The US Is fortunate to have an oversupply of vaccine. Many if the ports aren't as fortunate 

That is a valid point. I'd like to see what marching orders are coming from individual countries and what is coming from cruiselines/US gov't.

I will say, over the past year we have traveled to Mexico several times and also Jamaica. They were catering to tourists and COVID protocols there were more lax than the US during 2020.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, keels81 said:

So, this is the "penalty" for requiring proof of vaccination to enter a business or receive a service in the state of Texas. oooooooo scary:

(c)A  business in this state may not require a customer to provide any documentation certifying the customer ’s COVID-19 vaccination or post-transmission recovery on entry to, to gain access to, or to receive service from the business. A business that fails to comply with this subsection is not eligible to receive a grant or enter into a contract payable with state funds.

Read on - state also could revoke its business license, etc. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

That is a valid point. I'd like to see what marching orders are coming from individual countries and what is coming from cruiselines/US gov't.

I will say, over the past year we have traveled to Mexico several times and also Jamaica. They were catering to tourists and COVID protocols there were more lax than the US during 2020.

Some ports aren't even open. Some require testing.

Isn't a test required before returning from Mexico? What happens when someone is positive?

10 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

But is screening and protection the same as requiring vaccinations for service?  I hope there is a way Carnival can sail the way they want to sail.  It looks like the CDC probably isn't going to back down on their requirements.  I think a compromise would be to allow July cruises to sail with vaccination passengers and children under 12.

No - it would make no sense for them to ban something they then made an exception to. The exceptions deal with protocols such as masking, tests, etc. If Carnival thinks the bill prevents vaccinations and then exempts vaccinations, they need a new in-house counsel.

Just now, ChutChut said:

No - it would make no sense for them to ban something they then made an exception to. The exceptions deal with protocols such as masking, tests, etc. If Carnival thinks the bill prevents vaccinations and then exempts vaccinations, they need a new in-house counsel.

We will find out today.  John said on Facebook that they will make announcements for Texas cruises in this afternoon.

I agree with most of all of the posts but here’s my two cents:

We have to begin cruising, we have to get back to life in the US.   Yes,  take whatever precautions you are comfortable with but LET US BEGIN TO CRUISE.  Carnival (hate this but here goes), with an abundance of caution, has said let’s be safe,  everyone that cruises in JULY must be vaccinated.  This isn’t forever, hopefully just July.  If wearing a mask at any time bothers you, don’t go.  We have agreed that we want to cruise, even if (worst case) we just sit on the balcony with a glass of wine  and don’t make ports.  We won’t get back until we begin🙏😌

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

John heald has announced the cruise directors, no one I remember from before.

20210608_092945539.jpeg

I'm assuming the Kyndall Magyar on Vista, is the same as the one I had on Vista in 2019.  The name was Kyndall Fyre then. Not my favorite.