CHANGES TO CROWN AND ANCHOR BENEFITS

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I'm an early riser compared to the rest of the family. Going to the suite lounge for a cup of coffee (even if crappy coffee) before most are awake is quite relaxing

I do the same but in the Diamond Lounge.

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Yes, less tips due to lack of unlimited. Especially now that the vouchers can be used at any time of day.

Someone who went to the DL and got say 5 drinks, $5 in tips, now may only be getting 1-2 drinks in the DL since they had a bloody at breakfast and had a light beer by the pool in the afternoon

So the tip simply goes to a different bartender.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2021 at 11:41 AM, molly361 said:

I miss @Milwaukee Eight  He would be so happy!!😇

I have not seen him in a while, did he give up on CC?

I like the new guidelines. I just wonder if it is possible that the vouchers could be used for specialty coffee? That would be amazing for us.

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

So the tip simply goes to a different bartender.

From my understanding, the DL/SL bartenders are doing it on their downtime, not as their primary/secondary job.  Without tips, it kind of makes it not as worth the effort.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Interesting...  in my experience in the CL and DL, a significant majority do not tip waiters with every drink.  Here, it seems like everyone does.

This has been my experience as well.  I do know that there are some folks who tip at the end, so one never knows.  That being said, it always seemed like the last night was less crowded.  Same in the MDR.  The cheapskates hide on tip night.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

This has been my experience as well.  I do know that there are some folks who tip at the end, so one never knows.  That being said, it always seemed like the last night was less crowded.  Same in the MDR.  The cheapskates hide on tip night.

Yep, and I know many who do it.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

From my understanding, the DL/SL bartenders are doing it on their downtime, not as their primary/secondary job.  Without tips, it kind of makes it not as worth the effort.

In the past, folks seemed to think it was a plumb assignment from their usual posting

4 minutes ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Is this a changes to C & A thread or are we back discussing tips again!? 

Next it will be shorts in the MDR...which has nothing to do with this thread either!

I thought it was a discussion on taxing of drinks in port

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Easy to spot me, Laura not so much since she cut her hair. She just blends in now😪

Look forward to seeing you onboard.....heck, look forward to seeing anybody onboard. lol!

Edited by TYMAN
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

I have not seen him in a while, did he give up on CC?

I like the new guidelines. I just wonder if it is possible that the vouchers could be used for specialty coffee? That would be amazing for us.

That was part of the errant Press Release a few months ago

15 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

I used to tip only at the end, but from talking to Pins (which for now I can't do in the suite lounge), we started tipping at the start (which duh makes total sense) then depending how the week went, tip more at the end.

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

I used to tip at the end.  However, found out that the envelope that I gave was put in pot to be shared.  Changed as I wanted to reward the person that provided the service.

We found servers sometimes changed in the lounge before the last night and wanted to make sure the people giving us the great nightly bar service were the ones who got our HH drink tips.  Tipping by the drink solved that problem!

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I used to tip only at the end, but from talking to Pins (which for now I can't do in the suite lounge), we started tipping at the start (which duh makes total sense) then depending how the week went, tip more at the end.

We used to do CK that way. Laura gave an envelope to every waiter on Saturday. Some more than others. Eventually changed to pay as you go

Just now, bobmacliberty said:

Just got caught up on this new C&A Benefits thread only to see that it has changed into a tipping thread.  A true sign that we are almost back to normal!

Its evolution, no real details on some questions till this weekend. Plus many assume it's ADV specific. Need to wait for another ship communication, or something generic from Miami

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Its evolution, no real details on some questions till this weekend. Plus many assume it's ADV specific. Need to wait for another ship communication, or something generic from Miami

Even then, no idea if it's a short term, mid-term, or long term change.  I guess nothing is really long term.  My next few cruises are in a suite, so it's a nice improvement for me.  Free drinks during the day or after dinner with voucher.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bobmacliberty said:

Even then, no idea if it's a short term, mid-term, or long term change.  I guess nothing is really long term.  My next few cruises are in a suite, so it's a nice improvement for me.  Free drinks during the day or after dinner with voucher.

Those daytime free suite drinks are somewhat limited and exclusively Oasis Class

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Those daytime free suite drinks are somewhat limited and exclusively Oasis Class

I really enjoy lunchtime "cocktail hour" on the Oasis Class ships.  Wondering what is going to happen with the Oasis sailings.  We have two booked in November and one of them is showing "Pending" so not sure what is going on. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Colorado Babe said:

I really enjoy lunchtime "cocktail hour" on the Oasis Class ships.  Wondering what is going to happen with the Oasis sailings.  We have two booked in November and one of them is showing "Pending" so not sure what is going on. 

Yep, I'd sorrly miss CK lunch

6 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

Sorry, not sure what you are referring to. 

First indication they would use expanded all day vouchers. I think it mentioned speciality coffee. It disappeared a day later.

• Like 1