ROYAL UP IS BACK

9 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

Aren't the different suite classes just for the newer ships?  I had already read that Adventure doesn't have internet as an amenity.

You are correct, AOS does not have internet as a suite perk.  For whatever reason, once you hit GS on Adventure the perks remain the same all the way to RS, except the increasingly nicer cabin.  

Edited by 3kidsncats

Well, the "sailed on" message was just an error that was corrected around August 5th. We are 3 days away from sailing and my bids are still pending. I guess I will have more money to spend onboard! In the last 2 days two people in my group reported getting the upgrade they bid on.

2 hours ago, Vera/Lee said:

Well, the "sailed on" message was just an error that was corrected around August 5th. We are 3 days away from sailing and my bids are still pending. I guess I will have more money to spend onboard! In the last 2 days two people in my group reported getting the upgrade they bid on.

I think the fact that they still say pending is a good thing!

30 minutes ago, Vera/Lee said:

Another lady in my group just won her bid.

Hopefully they are working their way through the list and you will be next 🙂. I have 3 bids on my 8/22 Odyseey sailing and I have my fingers crossed!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, JessyCruises said:

Hopefully they are working their way through the list and you will be next 🙂. I have 3 bids on my 8/22 Odyseey sailing and I have my fingers crossed!

Thank you! Several more Jr Suites have been won. Only one GS and one GS Loft so far (in our group). Good luck on your bids.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vera/Lee said:

Thank you! Several more Jr Suites have been won. Only one GS and one GS Loft so far (in our group). Good luck on your bids.

What ship and sailing are you on? Just curious.I am on Symphony and put in some bids, but haven’t seen anyone post about winning an upgrade yet for the sailing this coming weekend. Thanks 

19 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

What ship and sailing are you on? Just curious.I am on Symphony and put in some bids, but haven’t seen anyone post about winning an upgrade yet for the sailing this coming weekend. Thanks 

Odyssey 8/14

All but one of my bids has expired, one of which was a balcony room.  The only one still pending is for the spacious panoramic ocean view.  Hopefully I'll get this (trying to upgrade from interior).  I think it kinda sucks that you can't try and reoffer a bid on any of the rooms with an expired offer.  Oh well!  I can't wait for my 8/29 sailing!

27 minutes ago, trafaelwyr said:

All but one of my bids has expired, one of which was a balcony room.  The only one still pending is for the spacious panoramic ocean view.  Hopefully I'll get this (trying to upgrade from interior).  I think it kinda sucks that you can't try and reoffer a bid on any of the rooms with an expired offer.  Oh well!  I can't wait for my 8/29 sailing!

When do bids become expired? It seems a bit early with your sailing almost three weeks away when people can still cancel. 

My family has two cabins booked on an upcoming Adventure cruise.  I received one RoyalUp offer a few weeks back for the cabin I'm booked into, and I can check the status of those offers by entering my last name and reservation number on the website.

My husband and son are booked into the other cabin.  We did not receive an email offer for that cabin, and when I enter their last name (different from mine) and reservation number on the webpage, it throws an error saying I should check that the sailing is within 30 days and the reservation information is correct (it is, on both counts).

Is it normal to get an upgrade offer for only some cabins on the same cruise, or is this likely to be a technical issue?  Their cabin is in a different (lower) room category than mine, in case that matters.

I bid on 6 different suite types and noticed on Monday that all but one had been marked “expired.”

The remaining one shows “pending.”

I cannot select or alter my bids on any of them at all. 
I got excited thinking my bid was being processed but 3 days on, nothing at all. No email or card charge. So I guess it means nothing other than all but one of my bids have not been accepted.

Edited by MISSGJ

13 hours ago, work4cruising said:

I recently changed my cabin and since then my royal up keeps getting canceled and I have to rebid, my TA has n clue why anyone know?

Did you change cabin category?  That can affect which upgrades are available to you, and what the required minimum bid is.  When I paid to change from a balcony to a JS suite, my bids were cancelled and new Royal up offer sent. The new offer allowed me to bid all the way up to RS, when previously GS was the highest category I could bid on.  And, the minimum bid on a GS went from $500pp to $150 (roughly)

Edited by 3kidsncats
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hmm, back in mid July I bid on two upgrades for my Oasis cruise departing Sept. 12th.  Received confirmation that the they had received my bids.  Just decided to do a quick check and if I link to the upgrade site from the original e-mail inviting me to bid, it says I'm not eligible to upgrade.  If I click on the link to modify/cancel my bid, I get an error message.  Crazy!  And no idea what's going on.

8 hours ago, OZ. said:

I hope we get one. Will be looking for one.  : )

Just go to the Royal Up Website and put your reservation number and last name in.  No need to wait for an email.  (Just google Royal Up)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, vjmatty said:

When do bids become expired? It seems a bit early with your sailing almost three weeks away when people can still cancel. 

That I do not know.  I was kinda surprised to see that all but one of my bids had expired.  Fingers crossed that I do get the one that's pending.

3 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

Did you change cabin category?  That can affect which upgrades are available to you, and what the required minimum bid is.  When I paid to change from a balcony to a JS suite, my bids were cancelled and new Royal up offer sent. The new offer allowed me to bid all the way up to RS, when previously GS was the highest category I could bid on.  And, the minimum bid on a GS went from $500pp to $150 (roughly)

Yes I went from ocean view balcony to larger balcony.  I have resubmitted it over 10 times and it keeps getting cancelled.  

20 hours ago, work4cruising said:

I recently changed my cabin and since then my royal up keeps getting canceled and I have to rebid, my TA has n clue why anyone know?

We’re having the same issue. We transferred cruise due to travel restrictions but have kept the same reservation number. We got an email for our new cruise ,it links to the royal up for that but when we bid it cancels each night around 5pm. When we go to the main royal up page and insert the name and booking number it still links to the original cruise booking so not sure if our issue is the confusion between the two bookings.

we emailed royal caribbean yesterday so will let you know if we get a response. It’s frustrating as we’re now on jewel which has loads of availability so would be hopeful of getting an upgrade if we could you get our bid to stick for more than 24 hours.