ROYAL UP IS BACK

4 minutes ago, lfox02 said:

Any new guidance on Royal Up when booked under cruise with confidence? Any way to combine two booked rooms into a larger suite?

They can always move in and get duplicate keys.   Of course the other folks wouldn't get a gold card or access to suite amenities (except the actual room).  But it would still likely be less expensive.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, robtx100 said:

How much would you bid on the Royal Suite (independence OTS)? Low? Upper End of Low? Fair? 

I wouldn’t need the space, so just a “cool factor”. Plus everyone walking by rubbernecks anytime the door is open.   Maybe $1000 pp?  

what’s the suggested range?

2 hours ago, robtx100 said:

How much would you bid on the Royal Suite (independence OTS)? Low? Upper End of Low? Fair? 

I go like $5 or $10 over the minimum.  And only if I have any interest.  If I wanted a Royal Suite I would pay for it, rather than gamble and/or hope that I could get it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, robtx100 said:

Nothing....but I would bid for an OS on this class of ship. Best of luck on your bid!!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, molly361 said:

It sounds like most of these winning Royal Up's have happened pretty close to sail date, is that true?  How far out from sail date has anyone heard that their bid was accepted?

We just were upgraded from a JS to GS on Freedom and were notified 3 days before sailing.  We were waiting in line to get our COVID test done when the email came!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Murphy said:

We just were upgraded from a JS to GS on Freedom and were notified 3 days before sailing.  We were waiting in line to get our COVID test done when the email came!

Last month we were updated to a GS on the Freedom and our notice was also three days before sailing.

15 hours ago, molly361 said:

It sounds like most of these winning Royal Up's have happened pretty close to sail date, is that true?  How far out from sail date has anyone heard that their bid was accepted?

We were notified 3 days before our cruise on Adventure several weeks ago that our minimum bid for a JS was accepted. 

3 hours ago, AOR said:

Upgraded from Balcony room to GS with large balcony on Anthem of the seas with lowest bid. £720 total. 
Ship is sailing on reduced capacity and they are struggling to fill it. 

For the cruise leaving Sunday?

And congratulations!

Royal Up Bid was accepted today for Independence of the Seas. Went from Balcony to JS, looking forward to the larger bath and cabin overall.  

Has anyone that received an upgrade got their updated luggage tags , ours still show the original cabin. 

Thanks

• Like 1

What "day of the week" has everyone received their email "Offering the Option to Bid"?  

Just curious if there is a pattern? 

Is it always on the "same day of the week" that your actual sailing departs?  (In other words, if your sailing departs on  Thursday did you receive your "offer to bid" on a Thursday? If your sailing departs on a Saturday, did you receive the email with the "offer to bid" on a Saturday?) 

13 minutes ago, skiiergirl said:

What "day of the week" has everyone received their email "Offering the Option to Bid"?  

Just curious if there is a pattern? 

Is it always on the "same day of the week" that your actual sailing departs?  (In other words, if your sailing departs on  Thursday did you receive your "offer to bid" on a Thursday? If your sailing departs on a Saturday, did you receive the email with the "offer to bid" on a Saturday?) 

Received email today Thursday and sailing this Sunday. 

Just now, vegas7df said:

Received email today Thursday and sailing this Sunday. 

That is the "acceptance"? 

Sorry...I didn't word my question very well.....I am curious about the "initial offer to bid".   

I understand the acceptance can happen anytime up until actual sailing. 

Thanks for the quick reply though. 

12 minutes ago, skiiergirl said:

That is the "acceptance"? 

Sorry...I didn't word my question very well.....I am curious about the "initial offer to bid".   

I understand the acceptance can happen anytime up until actual sailing. 

Thanks for the quick reply though. 

The offer to bid email from Royal was received on Monday July12th for our August 22nd cruise. 

Received the email this morning that we were upgraded from a balcony to a Grand Suite on the Independence. Compared to the RCCL website and including the C&A discount, we saved almost $4K

Edited by Cmackdaddy
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, vegas7df said:

The offer to bid email from Royal was received on Monday July12th for our August 22nd cruise. 

Thank you, this is helpful.

When I go the the Royal Up page and enter my booking number info (sailing in November), I get a pop up message saying that my sail date must be within 30 days. 

I'll wait a while to try again, but won't wait until the full 30 days out. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, vegas7df said:

Royal Up Bid was accepted today for Independence of the Seas. Went from Balcony to JS, looking forward to the larger bath and cabin overall.  

Has anyone that received an upgrade got their updated luggage tags , ours still show the original cabin. 

Thanks

When our upgrade came though three days before our cruise, the Set Sail Pass was updated but the luggage tags never were.  The tags still showed our old room on the morning of the cruise.

Our Royalup upgrade from a GS to OS just came through. Our sailing is this Saturday on Symphony.

Early today all bids said expired except the OS showed pending. Then a few minutes later credit card was charged and the Royalup congrats email showed up.

Good luck to all waiting for an upgrade.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Our Royalup upgrade from a GS to OS just came through. Our sailing is this Saturday on Symphony.

Early today all bids said expired except the OS showed pending. Then a few minutes later credit card was charged and the Royalup congrats email showed up.

Good luck to all waiting for an upgrade.

What was the minimum bid to go from a GS to an OS and also to a CL?  Thanks

1 hour ago, Cmackdaddy said:

Our luggage tags still show the balcony but the boarding pass is for the GS. Wife emailed them and they replied that they'd get back with her?

I called Royal regarding the tags, they said they’d update the edocs and to check everyday prior to the cruise.  Once I hung up I checked and received the updated edocs , it only took 5 minutes.  Quick and easy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1