Waiting for tomorrow’s announcement is hard!

JEANMR1

I'm in receipt of yesterday evening's announcement by Carnival.  It covered a lot of ground, but didn't actually say much - other than the official statement of cruises starting in August.  Nothing new for the Horizon.  I'm not sure if there will be a separate statement on its status tomorrow or not.

Still waiting...

I did get an email from Carnival canceling our Aruba excursion so that’s not good news. However when I go on the website it still shows the excursion is available.🤷🏻‍♀️

According to John Heald this morning August cruises from Galveston are fully vaccinated, no under 12 kids. They might have exceptions but it would be past the final payment extension and full refund. Time to cancel, but happy others get to sail

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, txgranny said:

According to John Heald this morning August cruises from Galveston are fully vaccinated, no under 12 kids. They might have exceptions but it would be past the final payment extension and full refund. Time to cancel, but happy others get to sail

Yes, I heard the same thing.  I am sorry for your situation!

1 hour ago, txgranny said:

Was he talking about Galveston? I thought he was talking about the one that were announced yesterday.

30 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Was he talking about Galveston? I thought he was talking about the one that were announced yesterday.

He said all through August. I just did my full refund and will book again when everything gets back to semi normal. I look forward to reading about everyone's awesome cruise reviews, especially Saing Greg!

• Like 3

18 hours ago, SwordBlazer Cruising said:

There is a fundamental reason why 12 and under can't sail, and its not because the cruiseline felt like it. 

The reason is they may get the sniffles and for their cohort, it is essentially no different than the flu.  Its scienced based with a political and policy twist.  It is certainly not because unvaccinated 12 year olds are a menace to themselves and society.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, txgranny said:

He said all through August. I just did my full refund and will book again when everything gets back to semi normal. I look forward to reading about everyone's awesome cruise reviews, especially Saing Greg!

For the rest of my cruiselife, every time I see a Seuss Parade and a grandma with grandkids in the parade, I'll be saying to everyone around: "Look everyone, there goes Texas Granny!"

Edited by IntrepidFromDC
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

For the rest of my cruiselife, every time I see a Seuss Parade and a grandma with grandkids in the parade, I'll be saying to everyone around: "Look everyone, there goes Texas Granny!"

Hahaha! To funny! And as word gets around, more and more people will refer to the grandma(on any ship) as Texas Granny.  Kind of like how everyone likened all females working in the defense industry during WWll as "Rosie the Riveter".  😁

txgranny, you are about to become famous! 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, JEANMR1 said:

We are waiting for tomorrow’s announcement for the Horizon to see if we’re still going on a cruise July 24th. It’s like worse than waiting for Christmas but with possibly bad results. Then again there was that year there were rocks on my side of the Christmas tree… but I digress. We are three vaccinated people but also have a 10-year-old who can’t be vaccinated. First I’m worrying whether or not there will be a cruise, then I’m worrying that it will be a vaccinated cruise, then I’m worrying my son won’t be one of the 5% that still get to go on. I know, first world problems.

I just wanna know there’s other people out there like me who are checking the boards about every 10 minutes to see if there’s any scrap of new information.

Thanks

Looks like they put out the August cruise information and are again postponing releasing protocols for Horizon in July again. Now says it will give more information next week. 

32 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Looks like they put out the August cruise information and are again postponing releasing protocols for Horizon in July again. Now says it will give more information next week. 

Next Week? Nah that is not what John Heald said, he said this morning in the next 24-48hrs,  so latests Sunday,  I hope so because final payment is due Monday

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lele100 said:

Next Week? Nah that is not what John Heald said, he said this morning in the next 24-48hrs,  so latests Sunday,  I hope so because final payment is due Monday

That is what i heard as well. Expect an email in the next 2 days. 

I am thinking itinerary changes and maybe an option to cancel.

10 minutes ago, lele100 said:

Maybe so. I was just going by the release that said impacted guests would be notified directly next week with protocols.

52 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

John Heald said in his video this morning that all cruises already announced (including Mardi Gras from Port Canaveral) were 100% vaccinated.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Is it 100% that Horizon is sailing in July? The very latest protocols on the website talk about July out of Galveston and Alaska, as well as the August cruises, but no mention of Miami in July.

https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols?icid=advisory_cruisehealth_052521

Ah! Good catch and the section below July says Horizon sails on 8/1/21:

AUGUST 2021 SAILINGS

Carnival plans to operate the following August sailings with vaccinated guests. We will be providing more details directly to guests next week on guidelines and protocols. 

• Mardi Gras™ from Port Canaveral starting July 31, 2021
  • Carnival Horizon® from Miami starting August 1, 2021
  • Carnival Breeze® from Galveston starting August 2, 2021
  • Carnival Vista® from Galveston starting August 2, 2021
  • Carnival Sunrise™ from Miami starting August 14, 2021
  • Carnival Panorama® from Long Beach starting August 21, 2021
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, bdever said:

Ah! Good catch and the section below July says Horizon sails on 8/1/21:

AUGUST 2021 SAILINGS

Carnival plans to operate the following August sailings with vaccinated guests. We will be providing more details directly to guests next week on guidelines and protocols. 

• Mardi Gras™ from Port Canaveral starting July 31, 2021
  • Carnival Horizon® from Miami starting August 1, 2021
  • Carnival Breeze® from Galveston starting August 2, 2021
  • Carnival Vista® from Galveston starting August 2, 2021
  • Carnival Sunrise™ from Miami starting August 14, 2021
  • Carnival Panorama® from Long Beach starting August 21, 2021

They are just listing the August cruises, and the first day in that month where a sailing departs. (Special nod to MG on 31 July.)

They also list the Galveston ships that are also sailing in July.  I wouldn't over-interpret that list.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Hahaha! To funny! And as word gets around, more and more people will refer to the grandma(on any ship) as Texas Granny.  Kind of like how everyone likened all females working in the defense industry during WWll as "Rosie the Riveter".  😁

txgranny, you are about to become famous! 

You guys are hilarious! Yes, I've taken my other 2 grandkids on their own special cruise, and loved every moment as they grow too fast. I'll get to cruise w my youngest granddaughter in time and it's all good. 

Yes, Seuss parade I'm right there! 

Actually my last cruise in March 2020 ended up being solo during my birthday and I was "adopted " by an awesome family who let me be grandma and included me in their cruise! 

Have fun everyone 

• Like 3

I wish that they would stop making announcements and then totally changing what they said 2 days ago with a new announcement.  I wonder what will change on Monday.  I can't wait for this roulette ball to stop bouncing and land in a number.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, JEANMR1 said:

Still waiting...

I did get an email from Carnival canceling our Aruba excursion so that’s not good news. However when I go on the website it still shows the excursion is available.🤷🏻‍♀️

Check your Cruise Manager It will have your new itinerary

For my Aug cruise on the MG they replaced Grand  Turk with Nassau Ug. Was looking forward to the beach and water. They did say in the EMail there was a new itinerary. 

7 hours ago, Tippyton said:

The reason is they may get the sniffles and for their cohort, it is essentially no different than the flu.  Its scienced based with a political and policy twist.  It is certainly not because unvaccinated 12 year olds are a menace to themselves and society.

cruise lines need Covid free sailings to placate the CDC and ports. Anyone who can catch Covid is a threat to cruising, regardless of how sick they may or may not get. A 11 year old with Covid can still Spread it in port in places with low vaccination rates. 

• Like 2