2 PAX ON CELEBRITY MILLENIUM TEST POSITIVE FOR COVID

mcrcruiser

Correct. The card was created by a federal government agency and it contains the CDC seal. Forging one is a felony. 

Ref cruise lines verifying vaccination status, they better not be doing so without expressed written consent from the passenger. I haven’t booked so I don’t know….is there a consent form for them to verify COVID vaccination status?

Edited by Aquahound

On 6/13/2021 at 2:22 PM, Aquahound said:

Correct. The card was created by a federal government agency and it contains the CDC seal. Forging one is a felony. 

Ref cruise lines verifying vaccination status, they better not be doing so without expressed written consent from the passenger. I haven’t booked so I don’t know….is there a consent form for them to verify COVID vaccination status?

i checked the Royal cruise contract and it does include a section that states that passengers agree to promptly completing any required forms needed to comply with covid protocols including those related to medical information.

That would certainly imply that if the cruise line were to ask for a medical release form needed to verify, the passenger would need to comply or be in breach of the cruise contract.

No reason to think that the other lines would not similar language.

Edited by nocl

On 6/13/2021 at 1:11 PM, Roz said:

I'm 68 and so far I've been protected from smallpox, polio, and shingles due to vaccines.

and this is NOT that kind of vaccine - it will keep you out of a hospital and off a vent -  

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

CDC:  "Research shows that all COVID-19 vaccines authorized for use in the United States provide protection against COVID-19."

COVID-19 Vaccines Work | CDC

Good stuff, but those who already have been vaccinated know it. And those who do not want to get vaccinated don't seem to care.

• Like 3

On 6/14/2021 at 4:51 AM, esimon said:

how many have a cold,  nora virus,  the flu,  strep throat?

we are not in the middle of a cold, noro, flu or strep throat pandemic. Though the protections against Covid greatly reduced the level of each of those diseases during this last year.

Also those illnesses are not causing the 370 deaths per day that Covid is still causing, even with the greatly reduced rates due to vaccination.

• Like 4

On 6/11/2021 at 1:14 PM, Grandma7 said:

I think the cruise went exactly as hoped. The folks that tested positive were probably in the incubation period when tested so were  negative. When they DID test positive, they were asymptomatic  and only had to be quarantined.  That is the good result. 

If people were not vaccinated, much more likely to get very sick. If many of the passengers  are not vaccinate it increases the chance your cruise will be disrupted over and over the next few days with people needing to taken to ports for hospitalization. This is what I have been worried about, not catching  covid.  As far as the people who tested positive,(after working in immunizations gor 30 years) it could be that they were vaccinated but the vaccine  was not stored  properly which decreases its  effectiveness. We just don't  know, but I for one am happy with the way things turned out and am excited to cruise again on a ship, but only with vaccinated passengers  and crew for now. Then reassess in 6 months.

Storage and handling of this vaccine is extremely important. And it’s not just the temperature.

Unlike other vaccines I have given, the prepared vaccine must be handled gently and cannot be bumped, flicked or handled roughly, or it becomes less effective and has to be wasted. It’s very common practice to “flick” a filled syringe to get bubbles out, so those handling it have to be extremely careful. (Training is required that is specific to the vaccine before one can handle it.)

On 6/13/2021 at 11:40 AM, Daniel A said:

I didn't imply it was legal to posses or use a counterfeit card for deceptive purposes.  What I said was that it is not a "Government issued" card like a driver license or passport.  It is more along the lines of possessing and using a counterfeit prescription pad.  It isn't issued by the government, it is issued by the healthcare provider but using the counterfeit prescription is a serious crime nonetheless.

The cards were never intended to serve as proof of vaccination, rather, they were intended to remind the vaccine recipient of which vaccine was received on what date and when to get the next dose.  In case boosters are necessary in the future, the health agency will know which vaccine you got.  From the same FBI advisory:

"Vaccination record cards are intended to provide recipients of the COVID-19 vaccine with information about the type of vaccine they received, and when they may be able to receive a second dose of the vaccine. "

The federal government never intended the cards to serve as proof of vaccination although they are filling a void in the absence of credible "vaccine passports."

Whatever the case, it is seriously wrong to pass oneself off as being vaccinated when in fact they aren't.