Show me a sushi "menu item," please?

efinand

I am trying to decide if I want to use one of my 2 SDP credits on the sushi restaurant. I understand it is limited to "4 menu items," but not sure how much food that would be. Four tiny pieces of sushi? Four platefuls of sushi? If I order a soup appetizer, does that count as one of the 4? Does anyone have knowledge/pics of this? Thanks!

5 minutes ago, efinand said:

I am trying to decide if I want to use one of my 2 SDP credits on the sushi restaurant. I understand it is limited to "4 menu items," but not sure how much food that would be. Four tiny pieces of sushi? Four platefuls of sushi? If I order a soup appetizer, does that count as one of the 4? Does anyone have knowledge/pics of this? Thanks!

I don't have any pictures, but the sushi rolls are decently sized: I've never left hungry before, and I tend to eat more than the average person.

Edited by BamaCruiser39

29 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

Pretty sure it's Wasabi.  Funny that it is on every ship but my favorite, Escape.

Is Wasabi part of another restaurant?  I'm on the Encore in October and can't find it listed in the specialty dining options.  Thx.  (I don't touch sushi but my adult daughter lives on the stuff...)

2 minutes ago, CaptainWoody said:

Is Wasabi part of another restaurant?  I'm on the Encore in October and can't find it listed in the specialty dining options.  Thx.  (I don't touch sushi but my adult daughter lives on the stuff...)

I also don't love the stuff, but this is what I found on the NCL site:

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-dining/wasabi

I was on the getaway in 2017, and remember it there, this is a shot off google of what you are looking for:

Norwegian_Getaway_Wasabi_Sushi_Bar.jpg?i

2 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

I also don't love the stuff, but this is what I found on the NCL site:

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-dining/wasabi

I was on the getaway in 2017, and remember it there, this is a shot off google of what you are looking for:

Norwegian_Getaway_Wasabi_Sushi_Bar.jpg?i

Thanks.  For some reason I'm thinking it is co-located with Tepanyaki, but I may have just dreamt that.

2 minutes ago, Crown Vic said:

Oops! Found on NCL.com but undated...so..may not be current...

That's the NCL site for yah!  LOL.  The only Sushi I've found on the Encore is Food Republic.  That said, again, I hate the stuff and know nothing about it.  Just checking for a friend (daughter).

Edited by CaptainWoody

23 minutes ago, CaptainWoody said:

Yep.  The website suggests that there is Wasabi on the Encore, but I can't find any mention of it on the Encore pages.

I'm pretty sure the only place on the Encore to get sushi is at Food Republic. They have a small seating area for sushi in FR.

8 hours ago, ClevelandCruisin said:

I'm pretty sure the only place on the Encore to get sushi is at Food Republic. They have a small seating area for sushi in FR.

You can order sushi at the counter or any table in FR. The sushi rolls are delicious and of good size.

Edited by Coastalbreezes

13 hours ago, CaptainWoody said:

Hey Cap'n, what week in October?  We are on Oct 16-23. Dan & Kathy

14 hours ago, oteixeira said:

Pretty sure it's Wasabi.  Funny that it is on every ship but my favorite, Escape.

Although, on the Escape, there is Pincho Tapas, which is definitely in my top 3 of all NCL dining venues... 

• Like 1

Now that I think about it, makes sense that they pulled Wasabi when they added Food Republic because they do actually have sushi there.  So, if you are on a ship with Food Republic go there, and if you are not go to Wasabi.   That menu picture is NOT food republic though, their menu is given on iPads. 

14 hours ago, CaptainWoody said:

That's the NCL site for yah!  LOL.  The only Sushi I've found on the Encore is Food Republic.  That said, again, I hate the stuff and know nothing about it.  Just checking for a friend (daughter).

Possibly the reason you hate it is because you know nothing about it.  🙂

• Haha 1