Arrival check in time slot

2 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

It used to be 90 days before departure, but right now it looks like it's two weeks before departure. My online check in for my August 21st cruise is August 7th.

Same here. Aren't time slots assigned when you do online check in? 

• Like 2

Just now, Joe817 said:

Same here. Aren't time slots assigned when you do online check in? 

Yes.  You can pick one of the available time slots that show up at the time you are doing your online check-in.  Doing it as close to the check-in date usually shows the earliest available times.

Just now, BoozinCroozin said:

FTTF is going to be worth it for a change it looks like. 

We have FTTF,  and I have my doubts that Carnival will honor that perk. That's what my wife is hearing on the FB Vista group. 

2 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

We have FTTF,  and I have my doubts that Carnival will honor that perk. That's what my wife is hearing on the FB Vista group. 

I guess the only way anyone will know for sure is when someone with FTTF can check in for their cruise.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I guess the only way anyone will know for sure is when someone with FTTF can check in for their cruise.

Well, the cruise is still 66 days away. Carnival still has time to cancel. If we don't hear, I'll have my luggage tags with FTTF on our luggage. We'll see. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Why would they sell it right now if they werent going to honor it. Someone on my sept roll call posted they bought today. Makes no sense they would sell it and not honor it and have to refund. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Why would they sell it right now if they werent going to honor it. Someone on my sept roll call posted they bought today. Makes no sense they would sell it and not honor it and have to refund. 

I agree. Makes no sense what so ever. But our cruise is in August. Not September. If a month earlier makes a difference, I have no clue. AND Carnival has not notified us(yet) of our stops in Montego Bay and Grand Cayman either. All we hear are crickets chirping on the internet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, asalligo said:

I agree, if FTTF is available, it is more worth it than ever before. 

Not if you only buy it for the priority boarding and on one of the July/August cruises.

They have already said that there will not be priority boarding when they first start back up.

13 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Free money?

I do recall them putting out information before saying that you would have to arrive at your designated time (for obvious reasons) regardless of priority status. Of course that was before the latest attempt at a restart, and before the vaccination requirements.

1 minute ago, slavens_09 said:

Not if you only buy it for the priority boarding and on one of the July/August cruises.

They have already said that there will not be priority boarding when they first start back up.

Agreed. I am looking for farther out. My first booked cruise is in January. I would like to book something sooner, but frankly I am not excited about the requirements of sailing that I am seeing so far following the Adventure of the Seas cruising. Reservations for the Windjammer and Covid tests even for vaccinated cruisers. I am not sure it would feel like a cruise yet. I said in the past anything to cruise, but now I am wondering at what point an on shore all inclusive is more attractive. 

• Like 1

I'm still not sure why they can't let priority and FTTF passengers do their online check in one day before the rest of the passengers.  That way the priority people would be able to choose earlier appointment times since that benefit is temporarily being taken away.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, asalligo said:

Now even better is if they do honor FTTF and not Diamond priority boarding. I am ready to pay double for that perk, but they have to walk me by the Diamond seating section as we board. 

My second cruise was out of Tampa and we booked a suite for the first time. I cannot remember what was wrong, but boarding did not start until very late and people were getting agitated. When they finally started boarding we were in the first group of passengers or at least the first from this giant room and some guy actually said as I walked by why does he get to board first and I replied book a suite. I said it as an informational statement, but felt bad about it later as I realize it may have sounded like. Spend more money if you want to board first, poor person! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, asalligo said:

My second cruise was out of Tampa and we booked a suite for the first time. I cannot remember what was wrong, but boarding did not start until very late and people were getting agitated. When they finally started boarding we were in the first group of passengers or at least the first from this giant room and some guy actually said as I walked by why does he get to board first and I replied book a suite. I said it as an informational statement, but felt bad about it later as I realize it may have sounded like. Spend more money if you want to board first, poor person! 

When went to Disney World and used the old fast pass system, I felt sure that when we went through the fast pass lines there were people in the regular line who were wondering why we were able to bypass the line and what made us so special.

With Carnival, at least they announce the boarding order so people should be able to figure out there is a system.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sc4125 said:

So Platinum and Diamond won't board early?  One of the only Platinum benefit I really like.  I printed my boarding pass for August cruise and it shows Priority.  

We do not know how long it will last for sure, but yes, for the time being Priority boarding is postponed. Maybe it will be back for you by mid August. 

3 minutes ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

Our check in dates just backed up by two days. Maybe they are giving Plat/Dia a little leeway. Our July 3, Vista check in was June 19th; as of this afternoon, changed to June 17th.

I wonder if everyone's changed or just priority.  I hope it's just priority!

• Like 1