California Restart Thread - Panorama Departing 8/21/21

Wanna_Cruize

6 hours ago, bdever said:

Great questions!

Pre-Covid Serenity was very, very windy with crowding being subjective. 
Reports on cruise director Lee Mason is he is lively, engaging & entertaining. I personally find Cruise directors described in this fashion as being over the top and annoying but hey, to each their own.

He’s really not bad. I had him for 31 days, and wasn’t annoyed by the end. LOL 

He’s British and has a pretty dry sense of humor. Some may get his jokes, some may not. I didn’t think he was over the top at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

Sorry, in my haste, I FUBAR'd it - let's try this again: 

Depart Long Beach

Fun Day at Sea

Fun Day at Sea

Puerto Vallarta

Mazatlan

Cabo San Lucas

Fun Day at Sea

Disembark at Long Beach

Thanks, scared me! Mazatlan is our favorite stop

7 hours ago, pinto18 said:

I am suddenly not so optimistic about our October cruise....

I think it will sail in October. It appears there may be some changes in protocols to manage the health considerations. I am looking to get a booster shot of Moderna vaccine, and an annual foreign travel medical evacuation policy. Nationwide has a policy that covers most mishaps and is only a few hundred for a couple with kids even. Hopefully, it won't be needed, but better safe than building a "go fund me" page to get home.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Stone beach …… beautiful .

Thats what we do ( called Stone Island nor Stone Beach) ..walk to the water taxi, walk down the beach to our favorite beach restaurant, grab a couple of lounge chairs and relax, eat and drink ( and hubby body surfs if there are waves)

• Thanks 1

Is this change in the itinerary a permanent or temporary change because of covid? The reason I ask is because, though my cruise is a year away, i already booked a horseback riding excursion in Puerta Vallarta. If the changes are permanent then our excursion will be at the samt time we have reservations for Bonsai Teppanyaki. If this is a temporary change, no problem, but if permanent I would like to change my dinner reservation. 

The only reason that I suspect that it might be permanent is because the last time I cruised out of california was when the "Brand New Carnival Elation" first sailed and our first port was Puerta Vallarta. Thank you

49 minutes ago, vicky3vicky said:

Is this change in the itinerary a permanent or temporary change because of covid? The reason I ask is because, though my cruise is a year away, i already booked a horseback riding excursion in Puerta Vallarta. If the changes are permanent then our excursion will be at the samt time we have reservations for Bonsai Teppanyaki. If this is a temporary change, no problem, but if permanent I would like to change my dinner reservation. 

The only reason that I suspect that it might be permanent is because the last time I cruised out of california was when the "Brand New Carnival Elation" first sailed and our first port was Puerta Vallarta. Thank you

I cruise on 9/4 - so the next cruise after these two with the changed itineraries - and mine HAS NOT changed on my planner (yet).

Will be on the Feb 26th ,2022 sailing and so far my itinerary is the original one not the flipped one.

I  booked the Luxury Yacht/Snorkel Cruise in Cabos

In Mazatlan I found a tour of the City with Lunch with an independent shore excursion company.

In Puerto I am doing the Local Traditions Cooking class at a Private Villa and the Rhythms Of The Night.

For Specialty Dining I booked Farenheit 55 for the first night, Chefs Table and Cuchina Del Capitano for the final night.

I have  a standard balcony on Deck 8! 

Any tips?  I think I covered everything. 

On 8/17/2021 at 5:19 PM, vicky3vicky said:

I am interested in knowing if there are any indoor smoking areas, if the sky-ride is a little scary, if the platinum/diamond party is still on the last full day of the cruise and the average length of the Bonsai Tempanyaki dinner/entertainment.

The sky-ride is a little scary only one portion of it where you swing around and catch up speed. I never get used to that but it's fun. Nothing spectacular but you will get your workout on. I can't remember how long the Bonsai Tempanyaki is. It was just alright wasn't that impressed with it. I did it on the Bliss (NCL) and it was better on that ship than the Panorama

I would think the changes in itinerary for some voyages might be due to port congestion, availability of tender boats at Cabo, or delivery of provisions to the ship. In any event it is all good. There is always a possibility of changes due to marine or weather conditions. The sea is bigger than we are and will dictate our passage at any given moment.  

1 minute ago, Moviela said:

I would think the changes in itinerary for some voyages might be due to port congestion, availability of tender boats at Cabo, or delivery of provisions to the ship. In any event it is all good. There is always a possibility of changes due to marine or weather conditions. The sea is bigger than we are and will dictate our passage at any given moment.  

I'm not sure if there are any other cruise ships in the Mexican Riviera right now. Perhaps someone else will chime in about that.