Brunch - Bistro Sur La Mer

moonstaring

1 hour ago, moonstaring said:

Hi,

Does anyone happen to have a Brunch menu (the one that is $19.00 cover charge) for the Bistro Sur La Mer?

I've seen the dinner menu and am more interested in doing this for lunch.

Thanks

As far as I have seen....all the Specialty Restaurants are only open for dinner.....

1 hour ago, moonstaring said:

Hi,

Does anyone happen to have a Brunch menu (the one that is $19.00 cover charge) for the Bistro Sur La Mer?

Thanks

Here's the Bistro Sur La Mer brunch menu from Sky Princess

bistro_brunch_sky.thumb.jpg.0739742c21c82b048031f5fb9205e6a0.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

As far as I have seen....all the Specialty Restaurants are only open for dinner.....

The Princess website specifies that this restaurant does have a brunch

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

What's next, an upcharge breakfast? Is there anything the cruise won't do to get you to depart with your money?

Hey it’s your choice.  Don’t want the brunch then take the free breakfast or lunch 

• Like 6

Back in 2003 on the Coral, lunch was served at Sabatini's. I remember it was $10, half the price of dinner and more than you could eat. It was soon discontinued for lack of use. Guess Princess is trying again. Little on the menu that I would ever order. Cheeseburger & fries or Alfredo's is more in my wheelhouse.  

11 hours ago, memoak said:

Hey it’s your choice.  Don’t want the brunch then take the free breakfast or lunch 

There is NO free breakfast or lunch, it's already paid for in your fare. I think it's getting tacky with all the upcharges and greedy to say the least. Yes, it's an individual choice for people to pay twice for a breakfast or lunch or dinner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

Yes, it's an individual choice for people to pay twice for a breakfast or lunch or dinner.

One would only be paying twice technically, if all dining rooms were serving the exact same thing.

The fare for this brunch is certainly a lot grander than the offerings found daily in the buffet or main dining room.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

One would only be paying twice technically, if all dining rooms were serving the exact same thing.

The fare for this brunch is certainly a lot grander than the offerings found daily in the buffet or main dining room.

Not always. .  I usually eat breakfast at Sabitini's since I sail in a full suite. They will bring you anything you want, just ask and they will get it either right away or offer to get it for you the next day. 

I'm getting tired of all the upsells, the 3 hour sales, pushy sells in the spa, the sales pitches for the shops, Effy in particular. They seem to be more prevalent the regular stuff cruises used to offer. I'm an old timer who remembers when my diet coke was included at meals there weren't coupon books for Bogo's and coffee was included every where. I sailed Azamara just before covid hit and was pleasantly surprised, there wasn't a single thing for sale. Unfortunately the line was sold so who knows what it will be like when cruises begin. The specialty restaurant weren't an upcharge. As a member of a mid level tier you were able to make 2 reservations for the specialty restaurant and then as availability allowed. 

Considering the inflation rate I believe cruising was a better value 20 -30-40 years ago and although a bit more formal an excellent experience. I remember paying $100-$150 PP PD for an outside cabin. There were no balconies back then. 

Princess is good as a mass market line but could be a little better when it comes to nickel and diming which is no longer nickels and dimes but dollars and more dollars. 

Edited by cruzsnooze

23 hours ago, dides said:

Here's the Bistro Sur La Mer brunch menu from Sky Princess

bistro_brunch_sky.thumb.jpg.0739742c21c82b048031f5fb9205e6a0.jpg

I wouldn't get too excited about having Brunch in this restaurant....😬

I just checked the Patters I still had from the Sky 2/15/2020-2/21/2020 and Bistro SurLa Mer was only open every day from 5 pm - 9:30 pm. I suppose it could be that the Patter is wrong? Not like THAT ever happens....ha!

The menu does sound good...has anyone ever tried it and if so, when was it? Was it a longer cruise perhaps?

19 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

I wouldn't get too excited about having Brunch in this restaurant....😬

I just checked the Patters I still had from the Sky 2/15/2020-2/21/2020 and Bistro SurLa Mer was only open every day from 5 pm - 9:30 pm. I suppose it could be that the Patter is wrong? Not like THAT ever happens....ha!

The menu does sound good...has anyone ever tried it and if so, when was it? Was it a longer cruise perhaps?

On the maiden from Athens, Brunch was advertised in the patter from 11:00 to 1:00pm on the first sea day .not sure about the final sea day.

Just be aware that the location is on a main aisle way with LOTS of people going back and forth right next to the tables. I watched one poor lady get bumped by passers by several times while she was trying to eat. IMHO the bistro is in a very noisy and terrible position on the deck.

• 2 weeks later...

The Dine My Way Guide says the following regarding Bistro Sur La Mer:

image.png.a7a36b09f6ba90b578739e8c50cd9c17.png

So, has anyone done the Complimentary Breakfast at Bistro Sur La Mer? Do you have a menu picture?

Also, on the Brunch menu, it says $10 for additional mains....what about additional appetizers?

image.png.c22626348e3c6e5ee71618323bffca03.png

I've noticed this on other specialty dining menus. I don't usually order additional mains, but I always loved getting a few different appetizers since I can never choose between them. The menu's say "choose one" under appetizers

On 6/16/2021 at 3:36 PM, moonstaring said:

Hi,

Thanks

I saw a video on dining on the Princess Sky  - and one of the segments was on the lunch on the Bistro - looked fantastic.